It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bobby Mackey's Music World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hi there,

I'd like to say, I'm a big fan of ghost stories and haunted sites. But I'm also extremely sceptical about evidence that paranormal teams produce for their TV shows.

If somebody says that they 'felt' something or 'heard' something, then I don't buy into it. And I much prefer any form of visual or audio evidence.

I'm going to post a link here to a video of the best paranormal investigation I've ever seen, purely because of the sheer amount of evidence that is collated in just one night of filming!

Also, just out of interest, has anybody here ever visited this famous site? Or better yet, been there AND experienced anything unusual about the place?

Enjoy

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Petest205

Nevermind
edit on 27-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Petest205

I'm going to post a link here to a video of the best paranormal investigation I've ever seen, purely because of the sheer amount of evidence that is collated in just one night of filming!

This is really the best evidence you've ever seen?

Ohhhhhh the good 'ol Ghost Adventures crew. I find these guys to be quite entertaining because they're the "bad boys" of the TV ghost hunting business. It's pretty comical.

I will admit though the times that I actually believe this show might be real is when Zak freaks out. Not posession or anything, but when you can really see the fear in his eyes. Every once in a while something ACTUALLY happens and he looks absolutely terrified, it's hilarious but gives the show it's only credibility...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot12714

The time Zac was climbing the hill and kept finding snakes was hilarious. I can't link it right now, but do a YouTube search for ghost adventures zac and snakes.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I remember that. When they're doing their investigations though, every so often (not even per episode) something just gets him and you can tell, not staged or planned. It's the only thing that made me want to watch the show, aside from the snakes and such

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

I remember that. When they're doing their investigations though, every so often (not even per episode) something just gets him and you can tell, not staged or planned. It's the only thing that made me want to watch the show, aside from the snakes and such

He does get that scared vibe, like in the Edinburough Vaults. That one was...interesting.

I also like how they make poor Aaron do all the really scary stuff.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yeah dude! The shows we get in the UK are so crap and annoying to watch!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

All these shows are crap in regards to investigating the paranormal. I wish that, just ONE time, they would do a week long investigation in a really active place. Can you imagine 7 nights in one place? All those times where they are like "Every once in a while the ghost will push this wheelchair down the hall" and then they set up a night vision camera, leave it for the entire night aaaaaand.....nothing
Pointless.

If only......

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

He does get that scared vibe, like in the Edinburough Vaults. That one was...interesting.

I also like how they make poor Aaron do all the really scary stuff.

Aaron is awesome on the show. His reactions are by far the funniest..."Dude, DUUUUDE!"

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

All these shows are crap in regards to investigating the paranormal. I wish that, just ONE time, they would do a week long investigation in a really active place. Can you imagine 7 nights in one place? All those times where they are like "Every once in a while the ghost will push this wheelchair down the hall" and then they set up a night vision camera, leave it for the entire night aaaaaand.....nothing
Pointless.

If only......

This has always bugged me about these shows. If they truly wanted evidence, they would take a more thorough approach.

But that's probably not as entertaining.

I think my favorite show in this genre is Destination Truth. Josh Gates is hilarious.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I think my favorite show in this genre is Destination Truth. Josh Gates is hilarious.

He is a funny guy to say the least.

Though that show can be somewhat, erm, disappointing. The episode about the japan suicide forest had some pretty creepy footage in it, with the apparition appearing on the static cam (i think it was that episode)
edit on 27-4-2012 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I totally agree. I've been studying this topic for many years and have done legit paranormal investigations myself. I've seen and heard many things that simply cannot be explained. However, I always focus on debunking rather than immediately jumping to conclusions. I find that the more I question and research it just leads to more questions. I have no idea what exactly is going on, but I've experienced enough to firmly believe there IS something to all of it.

I have often wondered why a team doesn't lockdown a specific site and do an on-going investigation. This seems like a much better way to catch more convincing data. My ideal haunt has always been Waverly Hills in KY. If I owned that place I would turn it into a paranormal research facility. It would be awesome to set up controlled environments in a location such as Waverly Hills and invite different groups to participate in a 24/7 investigation. My dream is to be able to visit there one day. If I lived close I would definitely petition to set something longterm up.

Has anyone heard of this happening anywhere else? It seems to me to be a logical step in the field of paranormal studies. I think there could be much more gained by approaching it in this way and then using the results to improve investigation techniques and of course attempting to truly define what exactly this phenomena could be.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

I believe Waverly Hills is open for people to do ghost hunts. You pay, of course, but when I visited their website a while back it definently sounded like you could do tours.

I always wondered: why hunt only in the dark? Do paranormal events only occur at night? Or is it just spookier for the audience in the dark.

I agree with you- debunking idea. Evidence becomes more credible if you've thoroughly tried to debunk it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

They've had some good clip segments over the years. I remember that one episode where one of the guys is sitting alone in a small meadow, with a camera on him and he gets snatched right up off the ground and flung backwards. Pretty hard to hoax that one. Also, the Chernobyl ghost hunt footage was pretty surprising. Those guys don't mind coming up with nothing, and that kind of helps with the credibility when they get something. Besides, the places are usually pretty hard to access, although I'm sure that they've been hoaxed by more than a few locals from time to time.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

They've had some good clip segments over the years. I remember that one episode where one of the guys is sitting alone in a small meadow, with a camera on him and he gets snatched right up off the ground and flung backwards. Pretty hard to hoax that one. Also, the Chernobyl ghost hunt footage was pretty surprising. Those guys don't mind coming up with nothing, and that kind of helps with the credibility when they get something. Besides, the places are usually pretty hard to access, although I'm sure that they've been hoaxed by more than a few locals from time to time.

I'd forgotten about the episode with the man getting snatched. You are right, that was incredible.

I also remember the island of the dolls episode where the doll opened its eyes. Not necessarily supernatural, but it was freaky.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStarGazer

If I owned that place I would turn it into a paranormal research facility. It would be awesome to set up controlled environments in a location such as Waverly.

That is a FANTASTIC idea. I wish someone would buy a place that is well known to be haunted and actually set up a lab and genuinely study the paranormal. If I ever come across a large sum of money this will be one of my goals without a doubt.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That is a FANTASTIC idea. I wish someone would buy a place that is well known to be haunted and actually set up a lab and genuinely study the paranormal. If I ever come across a large sum of money this will be one of my goals without a doubt.

Why would you want to spoil the mystery? That's what makes the paranormal so attractive in the first place.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Franz von Humboldt

For answers my friend. There'd probably still be paranormal activity, we would just have a better insight into it...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Ya they do charge to do investigations as do many other well known places... I was talking about getting the owner in on allowing an extended investigation bc I feel that it would be an ideal location based on the amount of activity, the diversity of activity, and the intriguing data already collected there.

I'm fascinated by many aspects of Waverly Hills but probably most awed by what they call the "creeper" and the reported sitings of dopplegangers which wasn't something I was very familiar with until it was mentioned during the GAC episode.

As far as investigating in the dark, there's a few rationales but probably most importantly is it's hypothesized to be easier to catch visual evidence. In the dark it is easier to see light emitting anomalies and also certain types of equipment such as the full spectrum or even just infrared seems to work better in the dark. I have yet to work with full spectrum equipment but I'm very interested in it. The evidence captured with the full spectrum cams seem to be much better quality in comparison to regular or even infrared.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Thanks! Ya it's something I've been thinking about for awhile now. If I was rich I would definitely try to set something like that up. I'm just surprised that no one has done this or even talked about doing this with all the interest the field has garnered within recent years. Like I said, if I lived near Waverly I would probably try to get something started like a NPO. I do live close to Preston Castle which is located in Ione, CA. I'm hoping to do an investigation there sometime this year, but I don't feel like it would be a good location for setting up a long-term project.

Maybe it's going too far but ever since I began paranormal research I've thought there is somewhat of a conspiracy going on as to why no substantial investigations have been done. I remember hearing about someone offering $1 million for proof of the afterlife or paranormal activity. The problem with that is they want a repeatable controlled experiment yielding positive results on demand. I'm not even sure exactly what the conspiracy is other than despite all the interest, no one is doing what I feel is the obvious... A long-term 24/7 investigation. Why wouldn't someone want to do this? Like I said before it just seems like the next logical step.

Maybe I should look into this further. I have experience in NPO creation and management... Perhaps there would be an interest from the general public to donate funds. What do you think?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join