It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The love of theory is the root of all evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

In 1 Timothy 6:10, the Bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil (not money itself, as many mistakenly believe). PJ Media’s Bill Whittle makes the case that the love of theory is the root of all modern evil, as he explains in his new Afterburner. And he has a pretty good point, at least over the last 100 years. Dedication to theory at the expense of evidence and fact has borne malicious fruit in that time, resulting in the deaths of tens of millions around the world.

hotair.com...

The love of Government is the root of evil so many people believe today that there is no problem it can't solve

The love of Government being the great equalizer of all things big and small.

The love of Government being "humane" to its little peasants.

The love of Government is indeed the root of all evil and this dude is right the love of that theory.

And really yes both the left and the right say their guys are better than the other but it's just a theory.

In over 200 years of trial and error it has never been proven.
edit on 27-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This mans logic is greatly flawed, especially his military example. He is talking about strategy during a war which involves so many variables psychological, mechanical, and divine (meaning weather). This has nothing to do with scientific theory

Here is a list of people who oppose conventional thinking on climate change Link

This most likely not a complete list, but from the names on this list most agree that climate change is occurring but the exact cause may be called into question.

Here is a list of scientists that agree on the mainstream climate change model. Link

And here is a link to multiple different climate scientist who most if not all (I honestly didn't check every name) agree with the IPCC's conclusions Link

This information is based off of factual evidence, that is observable. Just because a group of intellectuals disagree with the majority of the academic community does not make their conclusions correct. Some of these deniers are fringe scientists at best and most of them are not even qualified to comment scientifically on the subject.

The debate on the climate is getting very bad, almost to the point of Creationist/Old Earthers vs Evolutionists. There is a bad wave of anti-intellectualism, and the "belief" that science is opinion, this could not be further from the truth.

To your comments about government, I cant say that I disagree with you government is a monster. However I believe government is the tool of the people, and should be used to better our society. I believe in social programs to help the needy, free health care, and free education.

We don't need to live in a Darwinian world of cut throat survival of the fittest social standards. That is the pinnacle of elitism.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
and the "belief" that science is opinion, this could not be further from the truth.

We don't need to live in a Darwinian world

So a Darwinism world isn't science?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hows that really?

Since every human being on the planet was born with the abillity to adapt to its environment instead of trying to play God and try to change the enviornment to suit them?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

No a Darwinian world is a fact. Just look at the animal kingdom.

But we do not have to model society off of that model, that is how we ran society for over 10.000 years. But after the age of enlightenment we realized that we can craft the world as we please. That we do not need to live in a world where the wealthy and powerful are the only ones to win and the poor and needy are the only ones who lose.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

But after the age of enlightenment we realized that we can craft the world as we please. That we do not need to live in a world where the wealthy and powerful are the only ones to win and the poor and needy are the only ones who lose.

I agree. It would seem that the 'love of profit' is the root of all evil.

There is also something very disturbing about the worship of Corporation's. It seems that some people are intent on cheering for their own demise.

It seems that more and more people are waking up by the day though.

I also wonder who these supposed people are that love Government. This seems to be some kind of doublespeak.
The conservatives that claim people love Government seem to love the Corporate Controlled/Funded Governments of the West.

edit on 28-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join