It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

planet/asteroid or UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hello Everyone at ATS!

This is the second night i see this reddish thing in the sky its bigger then ordinary "planet" and im almost certain its not Mars what i know off

I am located in Sweden to be specifik Jönköping (jonkoping)

Me and my Fiance can see it cleary North west Red big circle like if its on fire (asteroid? comet?)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vozda

Check out Stellrium.org. It is free program to ID what celestial bodies are in the sky. You can put in your location and it will let you know.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vozda

Does it happen to shoot down a cone shaped laser beam to the ground? Serious question as i have seen something similar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sounds like you saw Venus.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Yeah but venus isn't red, last i saw it was bright white...just sayin.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
you should totally takes pictures.

or draw it or something :L

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Atmospheric reddening close to the horizon. Same reason the moon and sun look red-ish as they rise and set. At the same time, poor seeing close to the horizon will also make it look unsteady and turbulent, like it's "on fire."
edit on 27-4-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Yeah still i have seen it very low in the horizon and i have never seen it red, maybe dimmer but not red..

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

g'day restless Great link. But it looks like there was a typo here's the actual link. But thanks again for the link. Much appreciated and its now in my favorites

Stellarium.org

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Vozda

Does it happen to shoot down a cone shaped laser beam to the ground? Serious question as i have seen something similar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bro, i hope you are kidding me... That what i have seen too it was like a triangle, then shapes in to a "dot"

Yestarday it was like a big triangle i went to get my fiance but as soon as we went back it was gone,

Then now i did se it again cone like how you describe it then reddit orange dot.

Not to the ground but it was in that shape
edit on 27-4-2012 by Vozda because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Atmospheric reddening close to the horizon. Same reason the moon and sun look red-ish as they rise and set. At the same time, poor seeing close to the horizon will also make it look unsteady and turbulent, like it's "on fire."

The moon was far away from the "object"

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vozda

As suggested before, download Stellarium. This is a program that will let you set your location, and time so that you will see on your computer the names of everything in the sky.

Stellarium

If you have a smart phone, there are also apps that you can download that let you point your phone at anything in the sky, and the app will tell you what the star, or planet you are looking at is.
Some of these apps will even have the satellites in their databases so, if a satellite comes in view, you will know which one it is.

What you are seeing, I'll wager, is either Venus, or Jupiter which are two of the brightest stars.
Pollution in the air caused by an urban environment or even volcano activity 1000 kilometers away can make things in the sky look red.

Please, however, download Stellarium as suggested, or download an app for your phone that will let you see the name of what you are looking at.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vozda

Can you say in which constelation it is?
If not, please specify the local time of your sighting, the direction of the object and its distance from the horizon (just stretch out your fist and give the number of fists you need to cover the distance between horizon and object).

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 27-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You have exceeded the maximum window of 4 hours allowed to edit your post.

Kiddos are in bed and I find out this. Oh well!

www.stellarium.org is what you want as I have been corrected. My typo and my bad. That is what I get for cooking dinner and being on ATS on at the same time. But this is a great site for anyone interested in what is shinning on their piece of Earth. OP check it out and let us know what you come up with.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
n/m it was the right thread for the both of you. Ok check this out tell me if this is the light beam you guys saw?

reply to post by Lichter daraus

Ask your friend or neighbor if the beam and red light looked anything like this?

Thanks

edit on 27-4-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vozda

Originally posted by ngchunter

The moon was far away from the "object"

Yes I know that. Rather, I know the moon's not near Venus right now. That's not the point. The point is that atmospheric reddening affects all objects. It's determined by distance from the horizon, not distance from the moon.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

yes dude exactly like that, i never thought i would see it again.

new topics

top topics

join