It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scariest story ever written that may invoke paranormal activity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

This sounds about right. I came across similar "mini rituals" in learning material while taking a course at the Scientology Celebrity Centere. They claimed the course could assist my career path, plus I'm a huge fan of South Park, so seemed like an interesting op at the time. Even then I knew to wave goodbye if they pulled out the E-meter. Picked up some good health info, but man was it hard to keep from cracking up at the rest. (and I did in the orientation screening, which is evidenced by the 12 mins of audio I recorded
)

Scientology is about the worst I've seen when it comes to large cults/religions. They are truly a brainwashing racket.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think it's nothing more than a self-published author (despite the "publisher" name they're using) trying to create some buzz. Even 99 cents is too much to pay for a 9 page story. I've given away stuff longer than that. They don't even give a few paragraphs of sample in the "Look inside" feature on Amazon. THey want your $$ before you can judge their ability.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Viral marketing at its finest

I gotta get a better handle on working that viral marketing thing. Damn.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Thanks for the link!
I'm about to read it before I read anymore of this thread...I'm a pretty speedy reader so I'll be back shortly.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yep.

It is only going to scare people who are superstitious, fearful and/or carrying around some unnecessary guilt or shame (the kind that comes from other people's ideas of right and wrong, rather than one's own moral compass)...and the devoutly religious...and I mean religion in the way of good old fashioned GOD vs DEVIL showdowns such as the atmosphere in movies like The Omen.

All three of which are, more often than not, combined into a sort of 'syndrome' that is, evidently, rampant in Italy more than anywhere else....maybe the close proximity to the Vatican is the predisposing factor as such.

I, however, have not a shred of any of those things...not even the fearful shame stuff...and so I was extremely disappointed when I realized I had read the whole thing and nothing more could be expected. Not to mention I did not get any sort of fun-fear sort of thrill at all.

Oh well...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

It is basically just a little invitation told from the first person by the 'devil.' It is not said outright that the Devil is the voice in the narrative, but almost at the end, the clue is given about the name being the first letters in the last 5 paragraphs...which spell out..you guessed it....d-e-v-i-l.

If the reader follows the instructions, it ends with the reader standing alone in a dark room, with one ear against the closed door, listening, supposedly for the unnamed one who is lurking on the other side of the door....and the last part is....Invite me in.

WELL.
This already happened to me...and while I said I do not fit the desired profile of the susceptible reader, I am quite spiritual but I am a scholar, too, and a skeptic...I never could wrap my head around the idea of a devil for most of my life....but I learned in recent years that the part of us that is fearful...the part that seeks to preserve self at the expense of others...which might very well be also called that part of a person that causes them to 'sin'...(that is, if you are like me and believe that selfishness is the only sin)...which many tend to label EGO...is the only true devil we have in the sense of causing us to harm others either deliberately or through some sort of negligence or disregard...and it is quite rightly called the 'traducer' in the bible...aka the devil...because it is the LYING voice in one's head that is always saying stuff like 'You're better than he/she is, and therefore are special and don't have to worry about dealing with such lower type persons," or on the other extreme, "You'll never be as good as they are...you are good for nothing and there is no reason to think you can change." It either seeks to exalt self or to denigrate self...either way, it is a destructive lie that, unfortunately, most of society, even the non-religious and non-superstitious, hear and listen to...it is a clamoring loud voice always demanding to be heard...in the bible it says that GOD is a still soft voice...this would be the voice of TRUTH which will not compete for your attention because it is humble and pure and energized by love...which never seeks its own even though it would be good to be able to hear this one...

Why we are built this way, I do not know...it is a deeper truth not suited to this thread which is about this (obviously) intentionally malicious attempt to prey on a weakness that most people are totally unaware that they possess.

It is this very thing that is the reason behind the suggestion in a wide variety of philosophies and occult systems which says to seek the inner quiet....to turn off the 'inner dialogue'...I think Crowley called it a chattering monkey.

Anyway...my own 'ego' came to visit me several years back and asked to come in...and I said no. And that was the end of that. So when I got to the end of this story...I just had to laugh.

Been there...done that. It truly was a unique experience in my life...which is the promise made at the beginning of this 2 page story....but since it said that it is something one can only truly experience in the same way one time...I was not a candidate from the get-go.

Be that as it may...it could equally be considered what it is touted to be...as well as it being nothing at all...not even a bit scary.

And even if you don't let that dark one in...paranormal experiences can still take place although not the scary kind at all...but the kind that I consider TRUE FUN...others might call them miracles...whatever...the secret is not to fear and not to listen to that chattering monkey in your head who feeds you lies so that it can continue to hitchhike through life on your left shoulder....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Whats scary is people actually paying a $1.00 or whatever for two pages of drivel.
2nd

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Well according to that one reviewer, it depends on your imagination.
Some people lack imagination all together.

Either that or they are to scared

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I looked at the material provided by the OP.
Smelled fishy straight on... like opening a trash lid behind my local seafood restaurant.
In the first video, there is a claim that Berlusconi banned this book in Italy.
They show him supposively talking about the book. I have a basic knowledge of italian...
trust me their conversation is NOT about this book... or any other book.
This is a friggin scam.
I have no idea if this is against ATS rules but this guy just came here and sold you lot a lie.

I will nevertheless read the other coments as some content sound entertaining.

All the best as usual

Logiciel

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I am so cheap. I want to read this so bad but I don't want to just buy the one story...if I could find the original book of short stories that its in I'd be satisfied. Huge horror story fan. I'll keep looking.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No. This is the scariest story I've read so far. King and Koontz can't hold a candle to it.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
it sounds like clever advertising to me.

With a website like that I can't imagine it's all that scary. anyway, ghost stories arent as scary as an actual experience with ghosts...as I've had.
I'll read it and let you know.
I'm alone... It's dark.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
wait... nope. I'm not paying.
I'm starting to think the OP may be working for the publisher in some capacity.
If so...that'd be against everything this site stands for.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Didnt know about this book .. interesting
it sounds like someone stole some pages from the necronomicon itself

Im very open minded to any kind of stories
but a strange dark magic book that tell you how to invite the devil inside your house

Ouija boards and this book .. NOT RECOMMENDED

im certainly curious about it of course
but taking the risk to bring darkness and evil
no one should mess with the dark side and underestimate it
edit on 5/19/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
THE GHOST THAT HAUNTED ITSELF

That's the name of a book about a haunted cemetary. I think it was in England. If you visit the cemetary and this one tomb, you will have spooky stuff follow you home. If you even read the book, there are reports of not-nice spooky things happening to you .. attacks by unseen spooks ... getting punched and scratched by an unseen spook ...etc.

I've read the book. Nothing happened. But it IS spooky and people have said they were effected.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
THE GHOST THAT HAUNTED ITSELF

That's the name of a book about a haunted cemetary. I think it was in England. If you visit the cemetary and this one tomb, you will have spooky stuff follow you home. If you even read the book, there are reports of not-nice spooky things happening to you .. attacks by unseen spooks ... getting punched and scratched by an unseen spook ...etc.

I've read the book. Nothing happened. But it IS spooky and people have said they were effected.

You have read the 2 page book in question that the op talk about ?

Called : 13

It apparently give you steps to follow before a demon comes to you

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I read the story tonight, and yes it gave me the creeps..
I hav had experiences with the supernatural before, so whether that made me more 'open to suggestion' I do not know...

What I do recommend iz this.. If u are genuine, and you want to put this story to the test, do EXACTLY as it sayz on your first read-through..! There iz absolutely NO CHANCE of reading this a second time, because tha first read-through breakz tha 'Final Blow'..!

The book is a 'Dare', only tha Brave will see it through...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join