It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scariest story ever written that may invoke paranormal activity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
sheesh wasn't even worth pirating it, I even dumped it off utorrent no sense in seeding that.

I hope others tried to enjoy it, and if they did then great. But to me it's worse than a highschool version Dean Koontz pretending he can write like Stephen King bad.

Stephen King short stories are much better as far as imagination... The raft was one of my favorite most creepy 2 page shorts, course to others the raft is pile of crap.

Art is subjective.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I read it and followed instructions, not even worth the time reading it.

Its the lamest thing I have ever read.
This is not scary in the least, especially not when one has seen what I have seen.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
People should have the sense not to follow instructions that involve the spiritual that are given to them by unknown persons for unknown reasons!

As for the story, at first I found it poorly written: laying it on awful thick to establish atmosphere. After a time I realized that it was all about atmosphere. It was cleverly written to induce the reader into a state of loosened consciousness (by constantly referring to flowing air, liquids etc.) and then by establishing paranoia (constantly using the word "possessed".) After this, where the reader is in a highly suggestive state (feeling rather out-of-body) the story seeks to split your concept of consciousness in half, of your better self being somehow separate from you (which has its truth as spirit and ego are two different levels of Self.) This is very dangerous for the reader because they are opened to the dark side spirituality while experiencing psychic division. I would not recommend following any instructions where this story is concerned. It'd be like going to a séance to have fun!

In conclusion, whoever wrote this understands psychology and spiritualism enough to manipulate the reader with such rich and constant effectiveness. No doubt a great deal of reworking was done to make this story as effective as possible. It seems to be a desperate attempt at attention (seeking publication) at the risk of the reader's well being. Whoever wrote this knew what they were doing, luring kids in with the idea of a ‘scary story’ and then screwing with their heads and spiritual wellbeing like this. It’s an occult experiment disguised as a horror story.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
the only scary thing about this crap is it expects me to download itues and pay for the " privelidge " of reading it - fook that

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper

This sounds about right. I came across similar "mini rituals" in learning material while taking a course at the Scientology Celebrity Centere. They claimed the course could assist my career path, plus I'm a huge fan of South Park, so seemed like an interesting op at the time. Even then I knew to wave goodbye if they pulled out the E-meter. Picked up some good health info, but man was it hard to keep from cracking up at the rest. (and I did in the orientation screening, which is evidenced by the 12 mins of audio I recorded
)

Also turns out L. Ron integrated teachings from his good friend Aleister Crowley and the OTO into his own cult of ridiculousness and childish tactics. From my understanding, if you truly surrender yourself to an external ideal (ritual, religion, fear) something else will fill that space. Perhaps what nearly every culture in human civilization would call a spirit or demon. Please note that I'm not any kind of spiritual expert. At this moment, I only acknowledge it's plausibility and the precautions that come with this area.

Nonetheless, lawyers and intimidation are the main things keeping that joke of an organization alive. Here's the son of L. Ron who blew the whistle on his dad's BS:

Tom: "...I'm not in the closet."
Nicole: "Then how am I talking to you, Tom?"
edit on 28-4-2012 by 2x Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

S&F for an interesting concept. One I haven't heard of before. Funny seeing Berlusconi get flamed like that, not like he didn't expect that was going to happen. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by denya11

Oh! Do it while your drunk and I'll promise you will have some type of paranormal activity happen.

That's why it's called "Wine & Spirits"

Oh and the story was weaksauce...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Are people mainly commenting on 'The Magic'? Because I'd like to hear more about 'The Dare' - the hour long one you have to do with two people. Can someone fill me in please?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I'm also curious about The Dare. I bought The Magic for 99 cents on my Kindle and boy what a waste of 99 cents. The only thing it did was scare me out of buying The Dare as well. I didn't follow the instructions either.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Just read it. 99 cents on Kindle.

Wasn't scary. Wasn't even clever.

That's a buck I'll never see again...

There is no such thing..ever...as the scariest story ever.

Untill I will publish my own short scary story ..of course.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
OK i lied and didn't follow the instructions my pregnant wife is sleeping in bed so i wasn't alone. I spoke the first word i don't remember what it was then right as i got to the part where it was about to tell me to listen at my door a large bang happened no bulls@#$ . My wife woke up and asked me if i had thrown something at her. Normally i would be on here saying the same thing, this is childish non sense ect. I told it it couldn't come in your not welcome and leave. It could have been something else and most likely is, but a strange occurrence did happen.

now i sound like a kook lol but I'm being 100% percent honest
edit on 28-4-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If you do exactly what it says, analyze the meaning and realize you are being asked to invite the devil into the darkness with you, there are some scary concepts there. Clever? yes, a bit, me thinks!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Thanks for the report and honesty digital01anarchy

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
On a related note:
The Deadliest JOKE in the World...
www.youtube.com...

- Monty Python

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I hope you aware that your intentionally spreading a conjure spell for the devil. If your christian I suggest you don't read this as it will conflict with your faith

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

I haven't encouraged anyone to read it at all. I just asked if anyone had read it. I even said i wasn't going to read it myself.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
Found it

www.13horror.com...

So who is gonna read it lol

I have to pay for it to read it arghhh. I might still try it if it's not ridiculously priced.
edit on 4/27/2012 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

2 page book and yet it is highly priced?? This is nothing more than a scam in my opinion to get money from naive people.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Wow, you people claiming this is inviting the devil into your house must really get scared at every bump and strange occurrence you experience.

I mean really now.

This would be a good little story for kids around a campfire maybe.
But if you think this is the devils work, then the story scared you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Viral marketing at its finest

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
good money scam ...though some people are blessed with common sense .....others are not

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join