It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scariest story ever written that may invoke paranormal activity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

friend i read it,and i'm always alone in the dark!
it was one of the most ridiculous things i have ever wasted my time on!

you want scary? spend a night at my house with my spirit i live with!
i have friends that wont even come into my house any more because of it.no lies!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
i'd read it thrice if i could find it!
then id write the author and describe my life with the 'paranormal' and that alone would scare the crap outta him!!!

try doing the bloody mary thing in a dark room with a mirror and a candle
maybe that will scare you too!
tour own mind is the scariest thing you will ever know!

Off topic but I've got to share.

I convinced my younger brother to do the Bloody Mary thing when he was about 14. He made a big deal out of how it was nonsense, he wasn't scared; then he strutted into the bathroom and closed the door.

I pressed my ear against the door and could hear him chanting "Bloody Mary....Bloody Mary...". Each subsequent repetition was increasingly quieter.

When he made it to the seventh phrase, I banged on that door and screamed at the top of my lungs.

My brother tore that door off its hinges. Literally. My Mom, who watched the whole thing, laughed so hard she peed her pants.

Dad made me and my brother pay for the door.

Totally worth it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I haven't read it, but I can make some assumptions based on what others have said. If you said it wasn't scary, and you didn't follow the directions to a T, then you should at the very least TELL us as much. Lame. Anyway, I am thinking that the process of following the directions, along with the reasoning or description in the text, puts your mind in a more suggestive state, a state of slight paranoia, by using peoples' tendency to associate locking a door or window with the consequences of what could happen had they not done so. Something like that, lol.

That, as well as being in the dark, are enough to put many people into a position to scare themselves. Even if you aren't afraid of the dark, there is still, imo, some type of primal, ingrained reaction to this particular stimulus, or lack thereof in this case. Plus, and this is the most important reason for the story scaring people, when it is dark and you cannot see anything besides the text you are reading, your mind is not busy processing visual information.

Because of this lack of visual information to process, your brain can either actually create a visual for you based on what you are reading, or it can cause you to think you might see something, and the fear of the "unknown" is also primal, and is being played on heavily.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
reply to post by smyleegrl

LOL, Come to Tahoe and I'll put $1.00 toward credit to a beer for ya.

See how generous I am? OK I'll buy a whole beer.

Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes you just have to take one for the team, right?

Mods: I think an applause would be in order.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
There is a line between people.Those who vulnerable to manipulation by media and those of us who laugh at it.I have read a few occult books over the years and one thing came through REALLY clear.You can "influence" a situation,not change reality.Those who can do that are tier 1 Satanists and high Magi.I have heard they can do amazing things, but they are completely given over to that position and what ever their free will wants is secondary because it is the will of their agenda.Also you have to have superior concentration and there is always a price.Curse how you want ...if you're wrong eventually you've screwed yourself. And please nobody under the age of ..say ...35 has a viable opinion on this, it requires at least 20 years of conditioning to change reality on this plane of existance. Unless you make a deal.
You can open a door to the other world by thinking of it a lot ,Ouija boards,most any commercially available occult books.If you get something,good luck controlling it.Make sure you know a Catholic parish in your area, you may need em.
edit on 27-4-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: misspell

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm going to be quite frank and clear here....Any book that tells you to invite a negative energy into your home has bad results if you do it. I don't know who to blame more, the author of the story or the people who are actually dumb enough to test it out.
edit on 27-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Without giving the story away, let me sum it up.

You are asked to isolate yourself in the dark. The text is suggestive but there is nothing invited in.

It's a lark, like others have said. It's got a brilliant marketing strategy, but in the end it's just a story.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Certainly not the scariest story ever written.

Actually, I liked the writing style.

I liked the story.

I even followed the directions just because I can.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Actually, It COULD'VE been done better, but I doubt if it'd work on any ATS members anyway.

Perhaps if the author spent a bit more time with a few more subliminal requests, a request to whisper a certain phrase, and took a bit more time to build up a bit more suspense, then perhaps I could see it being more effective.

Jiggy up above nailed it, though, the mechanisms the author was using.

But hey, what do I know. They got your .99 cents, not mine.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ok i just read it on my i-pod in the dark,
done as it asked and it is not in the slightest bit scary.
waste of £1,
dont bother reading it lol
and i realy cant see why it was banned in italy?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

ha ha ha!!! your so mean!!! i love it!

when my sister was young i would be able to hear her in her bedroom through the heating vent in the bathroom.
so i would call her name through the vent in a scary voice,and she would get so scared shed come running out of her room frantic!!! i didnt tell her it was me till she was about 25 years old!!!
she was pissed!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Read the story and followed the instructions. Did not hear anyone on the other side of the door. I did enjoy the writing style but fail to see the "horror" in the story. Did not even get a chill bump.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Glad I could help.

It is also my opinion hogwash for a literary amateur. Someone who has never had feelings and thoughts conveyed through words would surely react to this....
As you can see most of the people "reviewing" this in video form seem to be quite juvenile.

As for the rest of us, I've read better sitting on the toilet many, many times over.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I'm quite intrigued by this spirit

Maybe you can Msg me to tell me some more, have you made a thread concerning it?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
2 pages?
people are paying money to read 2 scary pages.?

excuse me pls. i'll be in the corner in the featal position making straange noises.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloomz

no thread yet. just a few responses to other posts.still wondering if i should start a thread. you know all the rants that will be against my 'claims'. like i posted earlier, come and spend time at my house!!!
she has been rappin' tonight(no ,not the hip hop kind!) just knocking on the walls,floor ceiling,back deck!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Save your money - it's crap. Complete and utter crap.
It relies on logical post hoc fallacies and gullible minds.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Personally, I think there is something to magick and ritual. Magick essentially being the routing and manipulation of energy, both seen and unseen within human frequency. Ritual itself, I understand, ultimately serves to demonstrate the practitioners intentions, commitment and dedication to what may be more than the practitioner can handle; perhaps why invocation rituals aren't as simple as flipping a light switch.

I find it hard to simply dismiss a result-based practice (unlike faith-based Judaic religions) that has survived from the days of Mesopotamia into 2012 AD. I think it may be perpetuated by a little more than 'results' like the sensation of a planchette moving by itself on a Ouija board. "Let me in". A request made by Bill the vampire from True Blood and Jesus alike. Submission and surrender through one's freewill is the ultimate goal of those who desire power and manipulation over others. Whether it's demons, religion, the Obama administration, same principles apply. This is why I will not bow my knee to "God" and why one should never give into fear, as the enemy can only take and feed off what you offer them.

The writing itself was entertaining though. Reminded me of Mr. Gone from Sam Keith's THE MAXX franchise, and that's a very good thing.

But to stay on topic, here's more food for thought:

Meep.

edit on 28-4-2012 by 2x Helix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
You want the scary, I'll give you scary.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by PhoenixOD

you want scary? spend a night at my house with my spirit i live with!
i have friends that wont even come into my house any more because of it.no lies!

Do you know who it is? Man, woman? Are they nice?

OP, I read it, of course I DID NOT follow the instructions, nor would I ever. I remember that from when I was a kid. It's been around a long time in these parts. It's folklore.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join