It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "it"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ever since I was a kid I've been fascinated with the word it. It can describe so much from an object to an idea, the weather and the elements. But what is it?

Lets take the word "it". "I" being or standing for “all - the eternal substance”. "T" standing for the operation, manifestation, vibration, action or motion of "I". So therefor I in motion is T.

For instance, what is ice? Water.. well what is water..? Hydrogen and oxygen.. Which are molecules, in turn are than atoms and so on.
When we say “It is snowing!” The the all eternal substances, "I", is in motion forming, "T", hydrogen and oxygen which create water which then freezes into snow.

An ignorant person could say ""It" is just referring to the weather." Well what IS the weather? "IT's a natural phenomenon."

"It" is only a manifestation, operation, and occurrence of "ITSELF" forever happening.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What is it? It's it.

-Mike Patton

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
What is it? It's it.

-Mike Patton

I thought that same exact quote as I was pondering this. Great minds think alike..

edit- But I'm not really sure who he is

edit on 27-4-2012 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BelowPublicKnowledge

What is it? It's it.

-Mike Patton

I thought that same exact quote as I was pondering this. Great minds think alike..

edit- But I'm not really sure who he is

Sorry, I couldn't resist

He's a singer.

As for your question, I think you're asking one of the ultimate questions. There's only so far we can go before it's just speculation, and then it's pure speculation.
edit on 27-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

What is it? It's it.

-Mike Patton

It is.

I like the way the Rastafarian's put it.

Wot it is mon, ire.

It is what it is and it's alright.

We must accept it as it is, because it is everything, and there is nothing that is not.

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
it can also be used as the last two letters to form a word that describes things such as the quality of this thread and many other things offensive.

but it may also be the opposite of the.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Is this 'it?'

THIS IS IT.

According to the thread title it is. And with 74 flags, I assume it's very important.

And I like this thread. It made me smile.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
"It" is a referential index.. "it" refers to information previously or obviously stated.

If I say Sally was having a problem with her remote, but she fixed "it" ... "it" tags back in the sentence and brings forth meaning.

"It" by "itself" has no meaning, .. meaning is assigned to "it" through conversation or observation.

Which stems from how we developed language in the first place which most people are quite ignorant about; "it" is also used when a lack of information occurs because we fail to have the words to describe "it"

"It" also denotes a perceptual position; "it" and "not it"

I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at with the whole "I" and "T" thing.. just seems like none-sense to me.
edit on 4/27/2012 by PuRe EnErGy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure but I want it all and I can't have it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

Interesting....

Is this knowledge something we put in the " nice to know...useless info " file....or...how does this help me to understand how it...." it " can help me in any way? And no....I'm not being a smart-ass...just wondering how to apply the info to my life....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I was going to add a video, but youtube won't let me.

Disregard

It is what it is, and that's all it be.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

I under stand the word it. Its just a metaphor kind of. What I'm saying is everything is the same thing just a different variation. A some times a different combination or different vibration.

How can an apple taste so sweet when it's essentially made of the same things as rat poison. How can the mind think when it essentially made of the same thing as a rock?

reply to post by tracehd1

You apply it by learning to take in the present moment. Everything around you is the same thing dancing a different speed with different partners. You can come to learn that why should I took down upon something, we'll say a jellyfish for this instance. You can not read the jelly fishes thoughts, you do not know its purpose in nature. Why should you took down upon something that is essentially the same as you. Just a different shade of the same color

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I should add that "it" generally describes a "thing" of some kind, but the truth of reality and existence is that "it" and we are a process, not a mere "thing". Thus, the Big "IT" of everything, is never static, so you can't expect to ever place your finger on "it" and say "this is IT".

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In that sentence, 'it' is not anything. It is just a place-holder to complete the sentence.

For some reason, in English we say "IT is raining" but the proper way would be "There is rain."

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
What is it? - or - Who is it?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It is you.
You are It.

If It is raining then It is you who is experiencing rain.
You are/this is.

You are the intsrument on which life is played.
Every time i open my eyes i invite the world to take shape.
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
It is you.
You are It.

If It is raining then It is you who is experiencing rain.
You are/this is.

You are the intsrument on which life is played.
Every time i open my eyes i invite the world to take shape.
youtu.be...

This is the responds I was hoping to get. You hit the nail on the head good sir.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It is the big mystery of the univerce understan it.An all doors are opened to you.It is a closely held secret.Michel Jackson was about to reveil the secret with his comeback .This is IT concerts in London.An he was silanced...Think about IT...Or to be safe dont.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Wow, a thread created asking what "it" is.

I have seen it all now.

join