It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apollo Missions Are Prerecorded And The Quindar Tones Mark Where The CapComs Edit In

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by decisively

ok the MSFN solution obtained on touchdown:

The comparison of velocity residuals between ground tracking data
and the onboard system, as calculated along the earth-moon line-of-sight,
provided an additional check on the performance of the primary guidance
system. A residual of 2 ft/sec was recorded at acquisition of signal
and provided confidence that the onboard state vector would have only
small altitude and downrange velocity magnitude errors at powered descent initiation. The Doppler residual was computed by comparing the
velocity measured along the earth-moon line-of-sight by ground tracking
with the same velocity component computed by the primary system. As the
lunar module approached powered descent initiation, the Doppler residual
began to increase in magnitude to about 13 ft/sec. Since the earth-moon
line-of-sight vector was almost normal to the velocity vector at this
point, the residual indicated that the primary system estimate of its
state vector was approximately 21 000 feet uprange of the actual state
vector. This same error was also reflected in the real-time comparisons
made using the powered flight processor previously mentioned.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

and just before lift off Reed was given those numbers from the MSFN as well as the 4 solutions.

121:00:34 Evans: And for your information, we're also going to have Tranquility Base do a P52 (means P22, tracking the CSM with the LM's rendezvous radar) when you come around the other (means 'next') time. And I have the P22 (landmark tracking from the CSM) information if you're ready to copy. (Pause)

[In a 2010 book, From the Trench of Mission Control to the Craters of the Moon, H. David Reed, who was Flight Dynamics Officer (FIDO) for the Apollo 11 LM liftoff, details the story behind this unscheduled request for a P22 one orbit before liftoff. Briefly, he and his support team needed an accurate LM position so they could pick a liftoff time that would minimize propellant usage. The various estimates available at that time were scattered over a considerable area. They needed something better. After extensive discussions within the team, Reed choose a method suggested by Pete Williams, the COMPUTER DYNAMICS officer: they would track the CSM with the LM's rendezvous radar and, then, using a separate, accurate determination of the CSM's orbital track over the landing site (as discussed at 121:07:37), work backwards to find the LM.]

www.hq.nasa.gov...

however after his request of tranquility base doing a P52 and relaying those data figures (which is the reverse rendezvous radar solution) this is i believe to be the final solution used for L/O which should be the number you used as the MSFN solution. which is 0.631N and 23.47E.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

Right , that is correct. Those are indeed the MSFN landing site coordinates published in the Apollo 11 Mission Report table 5-IV, and as such, as they represent a real-time determination, they would have been available to H. David Reed on the morning if 07/21/1969, correct ?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

the ones in the report i believe is from the rendezvous radar, which was ~200m away from the actual landing site. that was the solution that reed requested they obtain after being advised so.

the initial MSFN coordinates were way off due to the LOS of earth to the moon being normal to the velocity vector.

so im led to believe that when reed came in, he got the MSFN data which was about 4miles away, as well as the other four locations. which he wasnt happy about and spent the next few hours trying to find a better solution. thats when the guy (cant remember his name or position) gave reed the idea to do the reverse radar solution, which is what i believe is printed in the report.

that is what i understand to have happened from reading the transcripts and report.
edit on 5-5-2012 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by choos

however after his request of tranquility base doing a P52 and relaying those data figures (which is the reverse rendezvous radar solution) this is i believe to be the final solution used for L/O which should be the number you used as the MSFN solution. which is 0.631N and 23.47E.

1. What does this have to do with quindar tones?

2. Doesn't what you just quoted show that the sextant was not the primary navigation tool?

3. Why would Sibrel and Aldrin stage a fony punch?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Apollo is not alive but was recorded and the capcoms edit in and this is how they edit in with the quindar machine and i am very honest that i read this somewhere else so it is not my original idea

i study apollo a lot mostly because i learned it was sony when i read parts about how the astronauts said they sighted stars i am a sailor but mostly a navigator and have won many awards with my sextant even when i was a little boy and this is how i learned apollo was fony comparing the astronauts stores with how i do things and know about sighting stars

so the quindar beeps are editing marks for the apollo mission movies and that solves the mystery

my reading is good but my writing not so good and my sister says she will help me sometimes answer your posts because her writing is good

Funny, I thought you said you were a physician. Please answer the above questions as soon as your sister gets home.
edit on 17-5-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
How embarrassing. You started multiple threads on the same topic because you arrogantly believed that you could con-troll them all, like a chess master playing seven simultaneous boards at once. Now you can't even keep one thread on track. Had enough yet?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I have been interested in the phoniness of the recordings by NASA during their space flights. I believe that they really do know what happens out in space and possibly in direct communication with alien life. I still wonder what is really on the moon, and what we left behind.
What do you think of the now defunct NASA missions and the private sectors space projects being sent into space.reply to post by decisively

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by drdana

I have been interested in the phoniness of the recordings by NASA during their space flights. I believe that they really do know what happens out in space and possibly in direct communication with alien life. I still wonder what is really on the moon, and what we left behind.

By all means, please elaborate.

What do you think of the now defunct NASA missions and the private sectors space projects being sent into space.

I am more interested in NASA's current missions. The private sector has been a major player in space for decades. What's exciting about Dragon is that it was not developed specifically to meet NASA or DoD requirements.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Would you like to debate the quindar tone issue in the Debate Forum? I'll even let your sister do the typing for you.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

The reason is that Apollo can not be live because if it was when neil made a mistake liked coughed when he wash't supposed to cough or someone got nervous and made a mistake then we would all know that Apollo was fony so first we know the apollo missions the sound recordings like the voice transcripts and the films like the moon videos to are recorded before the astronaut part is recorded and then played this way they are perfect and no one makes a mistake but then the capcoms say things over the recording and that part is alive but the capcoms have rehearsed many times and have something to tell them what to read

How does this fit in with this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You only participate in eleven threads here, all of your own making, yet you cannot follow them all. Time to ask those other doctors to get off their heinies.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Decisively's Fraudulence will be ridiculed forever

As the last crimson rays of a glorious sunset brought a beautiful late spring day to a peaceful conclusion, I found myself basking in the warm glow of self satisfied accomplishment, knowing that here, free from the hordes of admirers who normally dog my steps, insisting that I inscribe their treasured copies of my best selling tomes on metallurgy, philology, medicine, Japanese ceramic ware of the 18th century and other such works of unsurpassed literary merit, I can well and truly let my incredibly gifted mind wander free from the quotidian, Herculean, labors that normally occupy my selflessly dedicated life as a physician, healer, scholar and master navigator. It is at times like this that I give thanks to my powerful intellect that have selflessly organized hundreds of thousands of doctors, lawyers, chemists, aeronautical engineers, computer scientists, bellhops, orangutans, pencil sharpeners, mosquito farmers, Madison Avenue Copywriters, sun dried bricks and other like minded philosophers into a highly motivated, highly perspicacious team of researchers, analysts, essayists, debaters and fortune tellers, all of whom have risen to the task of unveiling the truth behind the most fraudulent doo doo caca vomit inducing fraudulent LIES told by pointed headed PERP lying scum bag AINTstronaut PERP weasel PERPS.

As I have tirelessly and conclusively PROVEN beyond any thread of doubt, over and over and over and over again, absolutely everything I have ever written is an unquestioned LITERARY MASTERPIECE that rips the web of lies from the face of the self evident FRAUDULENCE perpetrated by the vomit inducing PERPS who...

Wow. This is harder than it looks. Where did you learn to write so poorly, decisively?

Incidentally, this is entirely on topic. You have made all of your threads into literary exercises.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join