It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy in Zimmerman Case Starts: Judge Overlooks Lies about Finances

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

Zimmerman shouldnt even be going through any of this NONSENSE in the first place.
Exactly. Nobody should be going through it. If Zimmerman had not gone out looking for a fight, then none of this nonsense would've happened.

The man acted completely within the law. He stood his ground from a THREAT and defended himself when he felt his LIFE was in DANGER. Completely within the LAW.

Case closed.
He intentionally put himself into the position in which he was overly prepared to defend himself "completely within the law."

He knew exactly what he was doing that night, and he intentionally put himself into the situation. Just as it was also his intention to blatantly lie about receiving the donations, while under oath.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Yes, something is rotten. The fact he was charged with 2nd Degree Murder after having his head split open is rotten. The fact he had to even post a bond is rotten. You're right, something is rotten in Denmark.

3 posts in the thread and already an attempt to take it off topic and turn it into yet another, pointless bickering back and forth. Congrats.

On topic, thats a nice find, OP, S&F

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So what? Really.

Zimmerman shouldnt even be going through any of this NONSENSE in the first place.

The man acted completely within the law. He stood his ground from a THREAT and defended himself when he felt his LIFE was in DANGER. Completely within the LAW.

Case closed.

AND, if justice is truly served here, our country will likely have to endure violent and destructive riots everywhere of course. Extreme and unacceptable behavior coming from folks who should be using such energy to "express" their outrage over MORE IMPORTANT issues going on in the country....

edit on 27-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Just because YOU feel it is "case closed" does not make it so, and the fact that Zimm is on his way through the justice system means he has to follow protocol, the same as anyone else.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have a question. Was Zimmerman sworn in and/or under oath during the bond proceedings? Cause if not, then it wasn't perjury.

Although the elements of perjury vary between individual states and federal law, the elements of perjury are similar. In order for a person to be charged with perjury, he or she generally must have 1) been sworn in or made a solemn legal promise to tell the truth; and 2) made a false statement or told a lie on purpose

Perjury charges are usually very difficult for prosecutors to prove because perjury is a crime of intent. This means that a defendant charged with perjury can only be found guilty if the prosecutor shows beyond a reasonable doubt that he or she intended to make the false statement under oath, or, that the witness told the lie on purpose

...if a party said something untrue under oath but recanted before the statement had any legal effect, such as before the jury considered its truth during the trial, then the defendant could not be found guilty of perjury.

What is Perjury?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Well, your reply is accurate enough in what we think we know here, but that is the whole problem, isn't it? The defense stopped playing 20 questions with the media like this is one big entertainment event and the Prosecution simply never talks on cases like this while the case is ongoing in court. RARELY anyway.....and misconduct comes to mind quick if this case is an exception for that.

So.... I honestly don't know all the facts or how this is or isn't perjury. I don't think anyone but the Lawyers and Judge can be said to really know all the factors involved here. I'll say that Perjury is a potential jail term and far from a casual accusation to toss around. So is the concept of Judicial misconduct far enough to ruin a Judge's career if he knowingly and for improper reasons, favored a defendant with a easy ride. Especially on a case the whole world is watching like this one.

Failing to have all the facts the Judge and Counsel did in the Court Room, I'm going to defer to the Judge and whatever the facts were behind this. The fact the Prosecution didn't just about go apoplectic and postal on the spot tells me a lot about how much more there has to be here.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's a shame that no one in this thread has mentioned the possibility that the funds were not in the account at the time of the bail hearing. Perhaps the money didn't start coming in until people saw how weak the state's case was, or zimmerman wasn't able to check the account while he was locked up.

When I see people whining about the bail amount, even given this info on how much zimmerman has raised, it's hard not to think those people don't want zimmerman to have a competent defense.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
1. When was the site made?
2. When did donations start rolling into the account?
3. When was the last recorded time Mr. Zimmerman logged into said account?

If #2 is after #3, then he had no way of knowing he had money.

Meaning, If the last time he checked the account was 3 or 4 days before he started getting donations, and he had no knowledge of getting said donations, then he is not guilty of perjury.

If 3 was after 2, then he is guilty of perjury.

Pay-pal logs would show the truth.

-Cyg

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I say let Zimmerman out and let him get whacked on the street. Save the taxpayers the money of having to lock up this pig for the rest of his life.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is supposedly the site Zimmerman's lawyer set up after closing out the twitter and facebook accounts set up by GZ.

www.gzlegalcase.com...

Seems legit, did a reverse look up on the number at the bottom, and it came back as a cell phone in the Orlando area, and it though a good scammer would do the same, given the notoriety I don't blame O'mara's office for having a cell to handle business related to it. Also its not currently accepting further donations which leads me to believe it's not a scam site, as any scam site would be trying to cash in on the notoriety now.

I saw Anderson Cooper and Erin Burnett on CNN the past couple of days, and I've got to wonder where was that level of probative detailed reporting an things earlier in the case.

I would like to know what the average bond for someone charged with Murder 2 in Florida is, and also how much impact having an amount like that would have had on the bond. I know having a large amount of available cash can be considered flight risk, but I feel Zimmerman's willingly returning to be arrested would offset that.

I do think the OP is seeing a conspiracy where there is none. It could be an oversight by the defense. It could be that the money came in after Z was arrested. I seem to recall the family used $5k from the fund and $10k from putting a second mortgage on their house to post the 10% of the $150K. Why'd they do that if there was $200K in that account at the time?

I guess in the end it is a minor issue. Has little impact on the facts of the case. I'm sure the IRS is going to take a chunk of that $200k as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Of course the lawyer didn't know about the money
It's not to be wasted on the court
Thats to pay him of course.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Not really a conspiracy. It's more his attorney's fault. Let's be real here, if anything the prosecutor will probably lose her job for overcharging and saying crazy things like "we want justice for Trayvon" which is wrong and she should know better.

I know the media has got everyone on one side of this thing, I was a victim of that too, but after looking into the case Zimmerman is most likely innocent. There is absolutely NO basis for a murder 2 charge, and this shouldn't and probably won't even see trial.

If there is any conspiracy it should be about why this prosecutor set the stage for a riot and if she will be held responsible when they start (after Zimmerman goes free).

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Time4aChange

Another question would be.. was he even aware of how much money had been brought in at the time? Did his attorney make him aware?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The guy was in jail for a week do you think he was doing his Pay Pal and facebook while there. He probably had no clue how much money he had. Pay Pal would be running on automatic. The real issue here is why are the parents suddenly back together do they want the money being thjey sold the dead thugs sole and coppyrighted it
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Another question would be.. was he even aware of how much money had been brought in at the time? Did his attorney make him aware?

Kinda doubt GZ had his mind on surfing the 'net. But no way to really know if he knew how much was in the account, when the money rolled in, or much of anything about it (other than what we're fed by MSM).

From what I've read, the attorney says he didn't know about the fund until Zimmerman told him.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The talking heads on the TV 'news' channels all say the amount for bail was appropriate.

The news is now talking that the amount of his bail may be revisited because he was able
to collect money - briefly - on a paypal account.

People around the country are donating to his defense.
Imagine if he had been allowed to keep that paypal account open.

He might actually have been able to afford some smart lawyers like Alan Gershowitz
who would bring some sanity to the situation in Florida.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Maybe, but the book may have had a different ending had the judge had all the pages that were supposed to be in the book.......

Zimmerman is doing himself no favors.......
edit on 28-4-2012 by pizzanazi75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time4aChange
I have a question. Was Zimmerman sworn in and/or under oath during the bond proceedings? Cause if not, then it wasn't perjury.

Although the elements of perjury vary between individual states and federal law, the elements of perjury are similar. In order for a person to be charged with perjury, he or she generally must have 1) been sworn in or made a solemn legal promise to tell the truth; and 2) made a false statement or told a lie on purpose

Perjury charges are usually very difficult for prosecutors to prove because perjury is a crime of intent. This means that a defendant charged with perjury can only be found guilty if the prosecutor shows beyond a reasonable doubt that he or she intended to make the false statement under oath, or, that the witness told the lie on purpose

...if a party said something untrue under oath but recanted before the statement had any legal effect, such as before the jury considered its truth during the trial, then the defendant could not be found guilty of perjury.

What is Perjury?

Yes he was sworn in...he stood right in front of the witness stand, raised his little hand ... shackled to his waist and swore to tell the truth........

Raw Video: George Zimmerman Takes Stand, Says He's 'Sorry'

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sorry to rehash what many have already said, but the judge even knowing about the paypal account could have
ordered Zimmerman held without bail.
Bail is set on consideration of flight risk and the charges, it is not an innocent or guilty decision.
Every judge in Florida knew this case was already over publicied an every judge knew they would be stepping into the lime light if they took the case.
Zimmermans lawyer reported the account information ASAP.
The judge delayed for review of all information.
Let the system work.
It' all we have.
Unless we all act like vigilantys without hearing all the evidence, isn't that what many claim what Zimmerman did ?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Whats interesting about giving kudos to his lawyer (current) that he turned the money over ASAP is the contradiction of

1.saying its been a media storm

While

2. Claiming not to know be about the pay pal account and website.

You can even look on ats to see several threads mentioning it. There is ZERO chance that his lawyer didn't know

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Right which means zimm or his lawyer (he chose) are incompetent.

The website was publicized last month.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join