It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaur asteroid doomsday theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What if dinosaurs experienced a doomsday scenario like we imagine our own - what if they had to leave the planet because they were aware of the asteroid that was going to hit earth so long ago, and the fossils and remains on earth happen to be the ones that didn't make the escape before it hit the planet?
Not every human would be able to leave earth if facing such a threat, either.

Considering the possibility of their intelligence having evolved over time, who is to say they didn't develop highly advanced technology that wasn't destroyed over the millions and millions of years they've supposedly been "wiped out" for?
Maybe their civilizations were a lot different than ours and, perhaps they didn't feel the need for large, metal buildings like we do. They were probably in-tune with nature if so advanced. Could there not have been different kinds of resources or plants at the time?
I keep my mind completely open on the fact that we have no solid proof of every little thing that existed or didn't at that time.

Another thing to consider, though: thumbs!
Really, how far is a species capable of advancing without being equipped with the appropriate limbs?
It would take a lot of cooperation between all of the dinosaurs, wouldn't it?
Or, the ones they left here weren't very "advanced" in terms of their bodily development.
Kind of like an unfortunate deformation at childbirth is what I guess I'm insinuating.

I saw another thread similar to this recently, but these are just my own thoughts.
I don't expect them to be true or anything like that.

But you're welcome to criticize them.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Rathyas because: i didn't proof read derp

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If Dinosaurs were that evolved wouldn't we have found evidence of that with the fossilized remains?
Maybe a dinosaur helmet of shirt?
I mean if they were advanced enough to leave the planet....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

Hi there!! I wrote the thread you refer to. You put forward similar ideas to mine, but what if they became so advanced that they didnt need fingers or thumbs, what if they developed some form of telekinisis to manipulate objects and build stuff.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
If Dinosaurs were that evolved wouldn't we have found evidence of that with the fossilized remains?

That is fair point, with one flaw. You are thinking as a human, WE have clothes and protective gear, maybe they didnt have anything like that. We are a consumer based society with a BIG emphasis on fashion and fitting in with the crowd. Perhaps the dinos werent so shallow?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by shinzaun

Perhaps I should have added "spiritual awareness", as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shinzaun

That is fair point, with one flaw. You are thinking as a human, WE have clothes and protective gear, maybe they didnt have anything like that. We are a consumer based society with a BIG emphasis on fashion and fitting in with the crowd. Perhaps the dinos werent so shallow?

Maybe not a shirt or hat, I was only providing an example.
My point is, a race advanced enough to move millions off of our planet would have some sort of tools or technology. Don't you think?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shinzaun

I thought that, also.
But then thought, maybe that's a bit far-fetched.
Like I said, though - my mind is completely open, and I still see it as somewhat of a possibility.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Or another possible scenario. Maybe we never found the remains of the evolved dinosaurs because they buried their dead somewhere and not underground. Perhaps in some kind of capsule or special burial grounds. After all, we havent discovered everything that is buried in this earth. What if all we are finding are just the remains of the dinosaurs that were not evolved.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What if they became so advanced that they didn't need their bodies anymore at all, and they made the asteroid kill their bodies on purpose?

The what-if game is kind of pointless if you see where I just went with the previous sentence.

I mean, like, what if we could just go back in time and see what really happened?

What if ...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

lol, Thanks.. Although now that I think about it... They probably need more than tiny thumbs and hands to bury and carry things around

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

It's been a really long time since they've been dead. (Or whatever)
Would their technology have remained intact, even?
I mentioned different resources, plants, etc.
They could have been made with more degenerative minerals than what we have today.
And just because of the degenerative properties, doesn't make them any less advanced in terms of whatever their use may have been.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist

lol, Thanks.. Although now that I think about it... They probably need more than tiny thumbs and hands to bury and carry things around

Did dinosaurs even have thumbs? Lol
Shows how much I know.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rathyas
reply to post by GmoS719

It's been a really long time since they've been dead. (Or whatever)
Would their technology have remained intact, even?
I mentioned different resources, plants, etc.
They could have been made with more degenerative minerals than what we have today.
And just because of the degenerative properties, doesn't make them any less advanced in terms of whatever their use may have been.

BUT when something becomes fossilized it's because of the conditions.
Those conditions would fossilize anything.
You can't just lay bones on the ground and expect them to turn into fossils.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

what if nope

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Not sure I completely get what you're saying.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Shows how much I know.

Or something lol

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Shows how much I know.

Or something lol

Look up "Iguanodon".

So cute and thumby.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Shows how much I know.

Or something lol

That thing is ugly.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

there has never been a single dino fossil skull showing any signs of being large enough to hold a brain capable of ,rational thought or the ability to build spacefaring vehicles

top topics

<<   2 >>

join