It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy sucked after speaking to someone ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Simple, boredum.

If you're speaking to someone that isn't interesting, you 'switch off' so to speak.

If you're part of a conversation that has no interest to you, it is mentalty destimulating, resulting in your mental energy decreasing, into a somewhat near sleeplike state, when your mind is less active.

Usualy, boredum results in either frustraition (twitchyness, uncomfertable, restless, etc etc) or fatige (sp).

No vampires here, just general boredum.

There's that, and it's also exhausting when talking to an argumentative person who you know will disagree with you just for the sake of disagreeing. It also happens when an uneducated and uninformed person talks to you; it's like talking to a four year old. Quite exhausting when you try to dumb down your responses to their level.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It just happens. Negative people can bring you down, especially when you yourself are down or self conscious or are lacking confidence. It's hard to do but you have to (Or I should say that I've had to) cut negative people out of my life. I just cut them out...ignore them, don't email them, don't go to their houses, they aren't on my face book or anything. When I'm with a negative person I just tune them out. This can seem very rude and most people think I'm just tired or distracted or aloof when this happens but...I have to do it. Even ATS brings my energy down when all I'm doing is focuses on the negative. Again after a while I just shut it down.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Trolloks
Simple, boredum.

If you're speaking to someone that isn't interesting, you 'switch off' so to speak.

If you're part of a conversation that has no interest to you, it is mentalty destimulating, resulting in your mental energy decreasing, into a somewhat near sleeplike state, when your mind is less active.

Usualy, boredum results in either frustraition (twitchyness, uncomfertable, restless, etc etc) or fatige (sp).

No vampires here, just general boredum.

There's that, and it's also exhausting when talking to an argumentative person who you know will disagree with you just for the sake of disagreeing. It also happens when an uneducated and uninformed person talks to you; it's like talking to a four year old. Quite exhausting when you try to dumb down your responses to their level.

I experienced both of your examples today....I'm just now getting my second wind...thankfully!

Exhausting doesn't adequately describe how I felt when I finally got home....I can't quite think of a word really.

It's probably why I don't really like socializing a whole lot.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This happens when I talk to A LOT of people, but its not just that... They constantly use conversation tactics that reveal they are negative as well. Instead of just saying how they feel about something, they say things geared to make YOU think a certain way... and it's fake, but it's easy to read what they are trying to accomplish when they are attempting to speak to the subconscious of others because their insight is stunted even compared to relatively average people... so they are easy to read but often find other people to be weird or unusual or like some big mystery that they have to dig at. They will directly go after any perceived weakness in a person that they find themselves focused on and try to find ways they can get away with to play on it... and it often goes back to their insecurities and they don't even have a reason to be focused or curious in the first place. They probably don't even understand why they are focused. They will even do things like bait you into the conversation just to shut it down... so that you'll feel slighted like no ones listening... or start talking to you just to argue, or even just interrupt. It's all forms of self exaltation. And YES... they are negative. They are missing something. They will extract it from others just like a magnet or a negative ground pulls energy down.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Anton Lavey in the Satanic Bible made reference to psychic vampires as well. In the movie Lifeforce, released in 1985, we see some space vampires and their spawn draining lifeforce out of people. The movie reminded me very much of my ex-wife.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join