It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy sucked after speaking to someone ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Matteus

I was with my ex for almost 15 years and we separated over 3 years ago. Every time I so much as THINK of him now, the energy just drains from me.

He was ex-military and my God he was hard work to live with.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

Thanks...that was the intent.......clowns are my creepy in so to speak. Granted I understand what your saying and it very well could be the case....yet Im so developed in my ability I don't shy away from others anymore. I barely notice those types that would put you under. I usually just shunt it back to them and they get the hint that I don't want to talk. Usually dont have to say a word to most people before they understand what Im telling them.

Now if I could keep complete strangers from telling me stuff I have no business knowing from their personal lives. Not sure why I attract that...it's like a moth to a flame.

It is my hope that the clown picture gives some nightmares......

edit on 29-4-2012 by BooKrackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It could be that or it could be cognitive dissonance. Consider for a moment the conversation the OP mentions. If the outcome was not as expected, or there was a conflict in the OP's mind about some aspect of the situation, it could cause cognitive dissonance.

For those who don't know what this is like, it's similar to the feeling of wondering if you've left your car windows open, or if you've left a wallet or keys somewhere unusual. It's also the same feeling that comes from rejection, it's the feeling most commonly from a denied date, a denied job application, or even a reprimand of some type. Cognitive dissonance may result in a foggy, drained feeling and that's possibly what is going on here.

TY, I have heard of it, but the explanation was helpful, the same thing happens on a forum.

But then do we have the power to stop the drain, we can chose to, or chose not to let it affect us.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I agree with you, DarkBlade71. I am sensitive to these emotional draining people. Sometimes one can feel totally exhaustided. I have found that alot of the times these type of people are high strung!
I try to keep conversations with them short and sweet...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
People who claim they suffer from psychic vampires draining their energy need to get the farg off their couches and go to a gym. How can you be so lazy! Can't stay awake to have a conversation? Wow.. Even if it's boring you should be able to focus and show respect but I guess that's too much energy for you? No wonder the world is full of a bunch of self entitled lazy sacks. They all suffer from psychic spaghetti monsters draining their energy field. How could I have been so ignorant??

You people literally FAIL @ LIFE
edit on 29-4-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here is a site which attempts to explains this.

Let's begin our discussion by looking at what really happens when two humans interact. There is an old mystical saying that where attention goes, energy flows. Thus, when two people turn their attention to one another, they literally merge energy fields, pooling their energy. The issue quickly becomes: Who is going to control this accumulated energy? If one can dominate, managing to get the other to defer to his point of view, to look at the world in his way, through his eyes, then this individual has captured both energies as his own. He feels an immediate rush of power, security, self worth, even euphoria.

But those positive feelings are won at the other person's expense, for the dominated individual feels off center, anxious, and drained of energy.1 All of us have felt this way at one time or another. When we are forced to defer to someone who has manipulated us into confusion, thrown us off balance, shown us up, we suddenly feel deflated. And our natural tendency is to try to win energy back from the dominator, usually by any means necessary.

This process of psychological domination can be observed everywhere, and it is the underlying source of all irrational conflict in the human world, from the level of individuals and families all the way to cultures and nations. If we look realistically at society, therefore, we see it is an energy-competitive world, with people manipulating other people in very ingenious (and usually quite unconscious) ways. In light of the new understanding of the universe, we can also see that most of the manipulations used in this regard, most of the games people play, are the result of basic life assumptions. In other words, they form the individual's field of intention.

When we move into interaction with another human being, we must keep all this in mind. Every person is an energy field consisting of a set of assumptions and beliefs that radiate outward and influence the world. This includes beliefs about what an individual thinks other people are like, and how to win in conversation.

Everyone has a unique set of assumptions and style of interaction in this regard, which I have called control dramas. I believe that these "dramas" fall along a continuum ranging from very passive to very aggressive.

www.planetdeb.net...

It's a good read this book.
edit on 29-4-2012 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Guess nobody's heard of anxiety around here.... Or your really fat...
edit on 29-4-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Matteus

too vague of a question.

is it an argument?

is it casual conversation?

is it mundane speech; hi by see u later gn?

if you find yourself in loosing arguments pick your battles with your proper enemies.
if your in a situation of which u need to communicate with that person and have no self interest what are you omitting from the op besides the "energy drain" that is correlative to your communication with that person?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm a psychic and I can say that if you feel drained after talking to someone, it usually means one of two things

either:

1. You really care about the person and feel like you have to protect them in some way and you end up doing this via transmitting energy to them.

OR

2. They are a negative being who is either consciously and/or subconsciously draining you of your energy.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace

people manipulating other people in very ingenious (and usually quite unconscious) ways. . . .
"dramas" fall along a continuum ranging from very passive to very aggressive.
www.planetdeb.net...
It's a good read this book.

I've met sociopaths who use this talent and
passive/aggressive tactics/ drama to 'drain'
people, in order to intentionally control their victims.

AVOID THEM !

Personally, myself I am more of a spiritual soul, and
find that when in the company of like-minded that the
mutual energy grows.
The company of those who are materialistic or
self centered is very draining, esp. being with a
sociopath. Best to
just avoid them, for your own well being.

I find hypochondriacs, fakes, and narcissistic people
also draining.

edit on 30/4/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Matteus

In spiritual (not religious) people energy flows up the spine and down in the front
and is conducted and experienced as bliss and fullness.
In non spiritual,ego centered people, energy flows down the spine and is vomited out
the front in many ways and is experienced as emptiness.
Thus for spiritual people to be around non spiritual people is a draining experience
because of the connection of energy fields.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I've had one or two people around me that just drain me.
Some friends, some exes.
The annoying part is you can't get rid of them, every time you try to get them out of your life they pop back in.
Well you can get rid of them it just seems harder then getting rid of other bad baggage in your life.

Strangely I've have people accuse me of being able to alter their moods or convince them that my way is the best way even when it is bad for them.
When it comes to my friends though they aren't complaining, they are saying my ability to manipulate how people feel is a good thing.
Even if I've used it to their detriment.

Makes me a great salesman that's for sure.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I think it also applies to people who thrive on negativity and drama.

I usually avoid the "poor mes" because they're unable to realize just how much they're holding themselves back.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

I sincerely feel the same when sober being around drunks or when drunk around sobers. The different states of consciousness just do not mix.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The draining of energy you are feeling is due to another's imposition of their oppressive aura attempting to manipulate and coerce you to accept their indoctrination and is actually a mixture of the other person absorbing your energy as well as you subconsciously expending even more energy to stop it. I feel the best way to shield yourself is to be sure of yourself. It's also said that clasping your hands and crossing your feet protects against someone sapping your energy but I can't tell you it works for sure, as my aura burns with an adamant confidence. So in essence, reinforce your backbone! =)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

You are kinda missing the point of "energy" but, either way, lol =)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I have known someone who just drains the life out of me for about four years now. I absolutely
despise this man, I have let him know this. I have been left feeling physically ill more times then I
can count.
Even being in this man's auric space makes me feel sick in my stomach. For some reason my, in
my partner's eyes this man can not really do any wrong and she tells me that I am being nasty when
I vent my frustrations.
It is most unusual as my partner is usually very supportive but this one person has a free pass to mess
with my life. She will defend him to the death when I express how I feel so there is no point saying anything
anymore. I remain quite silent while he is here and do my own thing while he visits.
I am highly empathic so this whole situation causes me nothing but sickness, in the physical sense and extreme
fatigue.
Energy/Psychic vampires are real, Hollywood movies fictionalise these ideas with intent, to hide the truth.
This is what I think.
Right now I am suffering a migraine on account of this man's presence in my house. His aura is full of sickness.
He is mentally ill. I do not know what to do.
I love my wife and I am a pacifist, I let this man have run of my house, for now, while I conserve my energy as
it literally will be drained by him and then, if I say anything in complaint, I am left arguing with my wife whilst
she defends him.
These vampires are as real as they come. You must invite them in, they cannot do what they do without permission which is what is driving me totally crazy as I am giving them permission, by default anyways.
Peace.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matteus
Hi,

What does it mean when you feel sucked your energy and tired after speaking to someone ?
What does it mean about that person, his/her intention ?

Thanks everyone.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Matteus because: (no reason given)

Perhaps someone has already mentioned this to you, but try reading "The Celestine Prophecies," or some M. Scott Peck....might give you some insights as to this phenomena.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VicenteAutumnus

I can say it does work, and very well. I've had coworkers do it with me in meetings and absolutely it derailed any speaker who "needed" energetic feedback. Surprisingly the speaker either loses their train of thought, or paradoxically gets livid with the audience. Either way meetings were shortened significantly!!
GRINS!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jenlovesturtles

ROFL!! That equally makes me a bad friend as a woman I know can't take a hint either. She is very negative and glommed onto me, while she appears helpless, in fact she rules her tiny world with chaos. I feel bad for her family.
She's so toxic to be around hazmat should be involved.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join