It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy sucked after speaking to someone ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hi,

What does it mean when you feel sucked your energy and tired after speaking to someone ?
What does it mean about that person, his/her intention ?

Thanks everyone.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Matteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I've had that happen to me quite a bit with my boyfriend and to be honest with you it feels scary. I would be talking and then all of a sudden I begin getting tired and no longer have to energy to speak so I just kinda sit there. I usually just wait it out and when we get out of the car or stand up and walk around, I feel my energy coming back.

Im curious to see if any psychics out there might have an answer to this

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a typical description of an Energy Vampire. Find out more HERE or google anything by Dr. Bruce Goldberg.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Matteus

It means you live in some sort of delusional bubble,and talking to somone that removes your ignorance makes you uncomfortable.

Did i get it?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Something you are describing would be called a psychic vampire, most don't know they are one, i don't like the term though, i just consider them someone more in tune with energy

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matteus
Hi,

What does it mean when you feel sucked your energy and tied after speaking to someone ?

Thanks everyone.

What was the conversation?

link   
reply to post by Matteus

it means you have a hole in your energy field and that person is taking energy from you. you can't blame that person though cause this exchange cannot happen without mutual consent meaning you have to allow the person to take it. this is all unconscious though, so the person who is taking usually does not know that they are taking and the person who is giving away usually does not know that they are giving away. this happens to most of us on a fairly constant basis.

this all happens on a very subtle level but if you take a look at what your interaction was/ take a look at what you were talking about/ thinking about/ etc... you can work to identify the hole and close it up. this takes work/ time but is all part of healing the self.. aligning with the true self.. breaking down the ego, etc....

link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

LOL, talking about ignorance, did you read what you typed?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Take advice from the man:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matteus
Hi,

What does it mean when you feel sucked your energy and tied after speaking to someone ?

Thanks everyone.

Prolly what happened was it was a very stressful conversation and your adrenaline was high then you crashed and burned afterwards.
edit on 023030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The world is full of psychic vampires.

A lot of people don't realize they are even doing it, in fact, I would say almost ALL people that do this are not aware of it or they would change themselves as not to drain people.

Usually it is someone that is very emotionally needy or pushy.
You feel mentally and emotionally drained after talking to them.

It happens.

You could go into the whole energy transference idea with this, but it is also psychological.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Simple, boredum.

If you're speaking to someone that isn't interesting, you 'switch off' so to speak.

If you're part of a conversation that has no interest to you, it is mentalty destimulating, resulting in your mental energy decreasing, into a somewhat near sleeplike state, when your mind is less active.

Usualy, boredum results in either frustraition (twitchyness, uncomfertable, restless, etc etc) or fatige (sp).

No vampires here, just general boredum.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It could be that or it could be cognitive dissonance. Consider for a moment the conversation the OP mentions. If the outcome was not as expected, or there was a conflict in the OP's mind about some aspect of the situation, it could cause cognitive dissonance.

For those who don't know what this is like, it's similar to the feeling of wondering if you've left your car windows open, or if you've left a wallet or keys somewhere unusual. It's also the same feeling that comes from rejection, it's the feeling most commonly from a denied date, a denied job application, or even a reprimand of some type. Cognitive dissonance may result in a foggy, drained feeling and that's possibly what is going on here.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
For whatever reason, para or not,
I know this exists. I have to talk to clients
for about 2 hours each . 5 of them a day.
The ones that exhibit unhappiness and are just
generally grumpy or mean, drain me most.

The light-hearted more relaxed clients
pull almost no drain at all .
Even with the same amount
of conversation. Now whether this is my brain
processing info or whether it's an energy exchange I don't know.
I had a witch tell me Hematite works if worn by the person
who gets drained. Maybe I'll try it?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Of course the problem could be to do with you.

No offence intended as I don't know you, but could it be you were actually talking to someone who was listening properly. Can be quite stressful, you need to explain your relationship with said person.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Simple, boredum.

If you're speaking to someone that isn't interesting, you 'switch off' so to speak.

Well that answered my question. Thanks !

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
im empathic, so often i have the ability to suck/drain energy from others as i absorb/take on their emotions. And yes it will effectively drain the target of energy..in the sense your talking about.

I usually do it without the others consent to calm them down if they are irrational or panicky. On the same token however, i have the ability to make others feel what im feeling....i can also amplify it to physically incapacitate someone on an emotional level...but i only do that when someone is in danger.

chances are your talking to an empath, and even they don't know it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolet

Proverbial nail on the head Nicolet.

OP. Read "Energetic Boundaries" by Cyndi Dale. She gets heavy into this and many other things.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I think to claim that they are emotional or needy is going to far. You can't really blame the other person for your inability to manage your own energy. If you look at it with an inside out perspective it will be easier for you alter the way in which you allow your energy to be used both by yourself and the people around you.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtIsMadness
reply to post by Darkblade71

I think to claim that they are emotional or needy is going to far. You can't really blame the other person for your inability to manage your own energy. If you look at it with an inside out perspective it will be easier for you alter the way in which you allow your energy to be used both by yourself and the people around you.

Yeah, that was kind of judgmental of me. My bad, and you are correct. You have control over whether or not you allow someone to drain you once you become aware of it. I have had to use a lot of psychic shielding before when dealing with people who drain like that. In my volunteer job, it was actually an every day thing to encounter.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join