It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jesus is only a man but a very powerful psychic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I mean if he was a Psychic I'm sure it will explain some of his miracles

Here are his powers and abilities

•Jesus had the ability to have direct communication with Father God. The bible presents this fact when Jesus went to the garden of Gethsemane to speak directly to God. He had asked God to lift the burden of his Passion and God obviously answered Jesus, for he then said, “Thy will be done”. In modern terms today, this ability is called “clairaudience”.
•Jesus prophesied the word of God, predicting the future of man, foreseeing future events, and enlightening others on the truth of God. Prophecy is another term for what we call “clairvoyance” today.
•Jesus was a healer. He healed many people in his life journeys, from sickness, injury and even death. This is called the “laying on of hands” and has always been a divine gift. Even to this day, the laying on of hands is still practiced and used in many cultures and religions.
• Jesus was also credited for things like; walking on water, calming the storm, turning water into wine, filling the fishermen’s nets with fish, making just a few fish and loaves able to feed a multitude of people, and even raising the dead back to life.

Read more: relijournal.com...

Source: relijournal.com...

I mean Jesus being a powerful Psychic actually makes more sense than him being the son of God.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Name one "psychic" that has shown any of these abilities?
You can't even attribute miracles performed by Jesus to "psychic abilities".
His death caused earthquakes.
Definitely the SON OF GOD in my opinion.
To each his own though.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

If Jesus were to have been nothing but a talented Psychic as opposed to the Messiah or a Prophet, depending on which book one reads..then almost everything to follow based on his identity is in question as well. Heck, the whole faith is predicated on the 2nd coming of Christ as the Savior and Messiah, not simply a memory of a 2,000 year old, long dead, psychic from the past.

It's a disturbing thought if I hadn't seen "the light" as I think of it in some of the 'Believers' I know. There is something to it, even if it isn't my choice for belief systems. ....I also look at the Old Testament particularly but some of the New as History book as much as theology since it was written at various points to serve as much as the former as the latter.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

What if jesus is only a character in a book?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
In mythology, Jesus could have acquired his fantastic gifts anywhere, considering it's mythology.

Just like Mithra, Zeus, and a wide array of other mythological figures.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque
In mythology, Jesus could have acquired his fantastic gifts anywhere, considering it's mythology.

Jesus is also recorded in other historical writings other than The bible.
Proving he isn't a myth.
Don't ask for a list either, google it. Be a big boy.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
To each his own though.

Earthquakes,, huh...i guess the earth was sad ??

It cannot be "to each his own" when all of your beliefs are from others, and from history that has been played with, to play you.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Proving he isn't a myth.

That's cute. There's also historical documents that suggest Mithra existed too. Just because it was written didn't mean it was real -- be a big boy and Google it yourself if you're curious.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am sure that is part of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If people can in fact possess such abilities it would not surprise me if this is the case. As to whether or not people can practice these abilities, people who truly posses them are likely to be a part of an order with strict rules against publicize them. I imagine that learning to do such things would take training and knowledge from such a group. Could explain why we don't see stuff like this with any frequency

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Hmmm there was a legend that said he went to India as a young man so that may explain how he obtained unsual powers

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Proving he isn't a myth.

But are not the stories that is meant bring to a group embalished to choose that group. How can you be sure that Jesus was so special than buddha when the ones who tells about him have something to gain by exagerating. Its like Christians are trying to sell me their religon/group and are marketing it very hard while buddism keeps a lower profile and where you have to seek to get information more. Christians seems to be caught up in duality more and that is a very smallminded approach and from my point of view qounterproductive to finding god within.

The true Jesus is probably just another awakeened/enlightened seed/messanger. Some psyciscs are awkeened also and some are just getting things a bit different. Are you a psycic if you are notecing the synchronicity around you? How much do you understand to be called a psycic?

There is no reason to just look at Jesus view of the message when it might be written in a easier way to understand for you in another source. And when you come far enought why read the message outside at all when you can find it within with your own thoughts and logic that will be guided to the answer.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

To each his own though.

the exact skepticism you're using, you don't use on your own beliefs? ironic.

there is no god.

this is a good theory. but there is no proof as this poster said.
edit on 27-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well, this is how he said he could do miracles.

Matthew 21
18 Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.
19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!
21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If Jesus were only a man then the whole of Christianity would be null. The issue with the question here reminds me of something Chesterton said. If I may paraphrase, "it's not that you can't see the solution; you simply can't see the problem."

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What if Jesus was only a psychic? What if Jesus was only a man? What if Jesus never even existed? What if Jesus was truly the Son of God as the Bible claims?

What if...? What if...? What if...?

It's all going to come down to what you believe. Some believed Jesus was an illegitimate child. Some thought He was a sorcerer. Some thought of Him as a political revolutionary. Some believed and recorded Him as being the incarnate Son of God.

As a Christian, I accept and believe that He was who the Bible said He was.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
I mean Jesus being a powerful Psychic actually makes more sense than him being the son of God.

I think that humans get caught up from words. Words are words, when someone is trying to communicate a word I would not be so hard on them. I give thanks that we are smart enough to make words in the first place, let alone find the correct word that we are absolutely sure would explain everything. It is known that God has many names, pick your choice.

A son of God would be a better description than some Christians who say that Jesus is God. Jesus could not have been God because Jesus admitted that God created him. How can you have a father son relationship with yourself? So that is ignorace in all Christians if they think that, because getting reunited with God in spiritual form is obviously different than earth, but that is where we get to the miracle and magical capabilities.

It does not matter if a human turns water into wine, or makes a piece of paper float in the air with his mind, it is still defying logical reality because nobody has seen that before, we have only seen magic tricks. It would determine which definition of magic you use, if you are talking about ancient magical rituals, something people consider is evil, something that may in fact bring up some type of power, who am I to say that a pagan ritual would have an influence on the 'magic' that an ancient pagan would create. Are they really making things happen or are they thinking things to happen? Have some of these ancient magicians been born spiritually and found a way to do miracles without really having to do with the rituals? Spiritually in human form is just that, so we cannot make all the conclusions that we do.

Whether Jesus did miracles or the ancient magicians before Moses's time did miracles, those miracles would be defined as magic. It does not change that Jesus had a very involved spiritual destiny, I am a believer it is most likely the greatest on earth.
edit on 22-5-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It really is as simple as that, isn't it. We either believe what the bible says about him or we don't.

And now I hear the feet of those who would say the bible is untrustworthy, a book of conflicting facts and fairy tales made up by man and not God. They will condemn us and say that we should do our due diligence in research to find out how false the bible is.

Isn't that what they'll say?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
If people can in fact possess such abilities it would not surprise me if this is the case. As to whether or not people can practice these abilities, people who truly posses them are likely to be a part of an order with strict rules against publicize them. I imagine that learning to do such things would take training and knowledge from such a group. Could explain why we don't see stuff like this with any frequency

Which is why i can. i am not part of any order. i was trained by my own spirit through intuition. All the secrets have been revealed to me and do not have an oath to abide by within any earthly organisation.

That's how i can be here helping those that wish to find the path to true spiritual realization as i have. explaing symbolism, the trinity, the number of the beast, genesis and creation, mathematics and consciousness. are all very clear to my understanding since i have achieved said spiritual realization.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Jesus came from the Essene group that knew more about ancient religion than anyone. They even valued the Book of Enoch, which gave them deeper insights into how things came to be for Jewish religion. The also believed in reincarnation.

That would e a kind of psychic power to better read the past.

Jesus blood was considered special, as it appeared to be the special type O negative which is long a part of a Royal Bloodline. When Jesus tells he was a "Son of God" it appears to be from this blood type and being blonde and blue/grey eyed.

What Enoch's views tell us is the story of the Annunaki, and the Jesus themes on Yahwah appear to address this as the "Father" and the source of his powers or inspirations.

The healers learned their methods from these ancient folks, as did Hippocrates. Myrrh was a special medicine that runs clear back to the times of the Annunaki and the story of Eden and the Fertile Crescent. It treats leprocy, was used to treat gladiators, and a powerful medicine for wars.

From the confusions and embellishments of these old times that lost the story for the even older times, the predictions of Revelations that tell there is going to be a great awakening didn't take much of a psychic.

Jesus, the man, tried something older, failed the inclusion for the older ways, survived, moved on.

What is left, the Bible narratives, is a scrambled mess and what is told isn't the reality of the times.

top topics

join