It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Expose Food Adulteration in Less Than 5 Minutes!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We are all knowingly being exposed to harmful chemicals in almost anything that is not grown in your own home. Here are just a few tips on how to recognize some of these "ingredients".

Official systems set for food safety and prevention are constantly outdone by a hidden and booming food adulteration business.

The onus of safeguarding one's family against contaminated food, unfortunately falls on citizens themselves. Here are some quick do-it-yourself tricks to expose some common adulteration techniques used by the food industry.

From loose packed ground spices, to wet produce such as milk, to dry spices and grains, almost everything you can buy has a potential of being adulterated, even if purchased from a reputable grocery retailer.

While some of these could be less harmful, such using as water or bran, chemicals and coloring agents such as Metanil Yellow, Lead Chromate, Sudan Red III, are known to be carcinogenic.

The chairman of the Consumer Guidance Society of India, Dr Sitaram Dixit lists a few commonly used food items and simple home tests that take no more than 5 minutes.

1. TUMERIC

Adulterant
Metanil Yellow and Kesari Dal (Added to enhance the yellow color of a food substance)

Test
Dissolve half a spoon full of turmeric powder in 20 ml of lukewarm water. Add a few drops of lemon juice or any commonly available acid at home. If the water turns pink, violet or purple, it shows the presence of Metanil yellow.

Harmful Effects
It's highly carcinogenic and if consumed over a continuous period of time it can also cause stomach disorders.

2. GREEN CHILIES, GREEN PEAS, OTHER GREEN VEGGIES

Adulterant
Malachite Green (To accentuate the bright, glowing green color of the vegetable)

Test
Take a small portion of the sample and place it over a moistened white blotting paper. Colored impressions on the blotting paper indicate the presence of Malachite green.

Harmful effects
It's a colored dye that has proven to be carcinogenic for humans if consumed over a long period of time.

3. MUSTARD SEEDS AND MUSTARD OIL

Adulterant
Argemone seeds (used to add bulk and weight)

Test
When pressed or crushed, argemone seeds are white inside and have a rough outer surface whereas mustard seeds are smooth on the outside and are yellow on the inside.

Harmful effects
The consumption of these could cause epidemic dropsy and severe glaucoma. Young children and senior citizens with poor immunity are more susceptible this.

4. EVAPORATED MILK, CONDENSED MILK AND SOME SOY MILKS

Adulterant
Starch (used to give it a thick, rich texture)

Test
Take a small sample of the product in a test tube, add 20 ml of water and bring to a boil. Cool to room temperature and add a drop or two of iodine solution. If the solution turns blue, it marks the presence of starch.

Harmful effects
Unhygienic, unprocessed water and starch can cause stomach disorders. Starch greatly reduces the nutritional value of the ingredient.

5. ICE CREAM

Adulterant
Washing powder (used to add a bright white sheen and lightness of flavor)

Test
Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice on the ice cream. If it starts to froth and bubble, it marks the presence of washing powder.

Harmful effects
It can cause severe stomach and liver disorders

6. BLACK PEPPER

Adulterant
Papaya seeds (used to add bulk)

Test
Float the sample in alcohol. Mature black pepper corns will sink where as papaya seeds will float to the surface.

Harmful effects
Papaya seeds can cause serious liver problems and stomach disorders.

7. INSTANT COFFEE

Adulterant
Tamarind seeds, chicory powder (used to add bulk and color)

Test
Gently sprinkle coffee on the surface of water in a glass. The coffee will float whereas chicory will start to sink within a few seconds. Also, the falling chicory powder will leave a trail of color behind due to the large amounts of caramel it contains.

Harmful effects
These can cause diarrhea, stomach disorders, giddiness and severe joint pains.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Now I would have linked more info from the site fraudfood.org, but they have very strict guidelines for copying info from the site, but what it doesn't say is that you cannot share it with others so they can do their own research

www.foodfraud.org...

In new research published in the April Journal of Food Science, analyses of the first known public database compiling reports on food fraud and economically motivated adulteration in food highlight the most fraud-prone ingredients in the food supply; analytical detection methods; and the type of fraud reported.

Based on a review of records from scholarly journals, the top seven adulterated ingredients in the database are,

olive oil

milk

honey

saffron

orange juice

coffee

apple juice

The database was created by the U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP), a nonprofit scientific organization that develops standards to help ensure the identity, quality and purity of food ingredients, dietary supplements and pharmaceuticals.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

And here is the article and many more here
www.ift.org...

If we cant make them tell us what is going on, we can at least educate ourselves instead.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is why I have my own garden.
I never buy vegetables and spices from stores.
I do however buy other things from grocery stores.
I tend to buy less meat since I hunt a lot.
My goal is to one day not buy ANY groceries.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

5. ICE CREAM

Adulterant

lol... seriously? What moron would put washing powder in ice cream, it's completely insane.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
that sucks, so many businesses anything to make a quick buck!

dont forget Monsanto, the 'adulteration' is built-in toxins for the sake of pesticide (including herbicide) =-invincible crop!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
SF, I just wish they would stop using all of these additives. I am half blind, so whether the food is high def in vivrance meanss nothing. I am more of a smell and texture guy. I am going to try one of these test.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Good post, people need to know this stuff
S&F

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Thought I would add another little known about effects from...

Titanium dioxide---whitener, additive

Comments section below article too.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

5. ICE CREAM

Adulterant

lol... seriously? What moron would put washing powder in ice cream, it's completely insane.

Who?

The Greedy profit driven whores of industry.

Check your pantry, there will be worse things than washing powder to worry about

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

5. ICE CREAM

Adulterant

Who?

The Greedy profit driven whores of industry.

Check your pantry, there will be worse things than washing powder to worry about

Maybe you can list some more things, this is good to know, informative, and searchable.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Corn flakes have metal filings in them

Here is another test to confirm that Corn Flakes contain iron fillings:

I conducted the test as well, and sure enough, the corn flakes were following my magnet around the bowl.

In fact, i'll try it on other cereal as well. Any suggestions? (I'm Australian, so we have different cereal than America).

S&F

edit on 28-4-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
omg just read this and the gulf oil crisis with the mutant shrimp,and the otherday the flouride post ,and here in the uk the poor get mercury fillings,and these arnt the only posts of the same ilk,if you look from outside the box ,it would seem the human race is being poisened deliberately .i think someone should start a thread detailing all the diffrent systematic killing of the human race ,...
sorry everyone but it might be to late to fight back,they already have complete control,and three quarters of the plannet appear brainwashed

just edited this to say "peace and love to you all,"thought id get this in as ive been eating this stuff
edit on 28-4-2012 by stuthealien because: to spread peace and love,instead of greed and tyranny

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I also did that test by myself at home, I used different cereals. One thing I dscovered is 2 types of cereal of the same brand had different results.

Kashi is safe.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I've never seen my corn flake cereal have rust in it when I leave it on the counter all day. I would have to say that one isn't true for Canada.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
www.google.com... onsumers-deluge-kelloggs-kashi-pesticide-co%2F&ei=v9ybT5_3OMH5ggekhrz8Dg&usg=AFQjCNE-JzL1LUUAIkWSz8ERaujEotpSHQ

For those of you who are comforted by the organic all-natural Kashi...there are no guarantees unless you have saved grandma's seeds and grow your own.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Catatonic because: not doing a very good job at linking up evidence :/

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Thanks so much, op. When the first item on the list was turmeric, I knew this was info I needed. I buy a lot of it, drink a tsp in water for health, with a couple fish oil pills or a teaspoon of coconut or olive oil. Even though I buy Cert. Organic Turmeric and its a duller color, so not adulterated - some day I'll probably need to do that very simple and easy to remember test to make sure a brighter turmeric isn't going to poison me with coloring.

S&F

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catatonic
I've never seen my corn flake cereal have rust in it when I leave it on the counter all day. I would have to say that one isn't true for Canada.

You should try the test though. If it's happening in the USA and Australia, chances are it could be happening in Canada as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have to wonder, just how long it will take before the website is shut down by TPTB, as it exposes their secrets and harmful practices in making profit while poisoning us.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Iron sawdust in corn flakes? Who, why? Are they trying to kill you faster? No one's accused?

Intestinal cancer anyone? This is the most freaking thing I've seen here for months.
edit on 28/4/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
what morons would do this? the morons who will do anything to make a buck, Profit is the be all and end all, the more the better.

I remember an article where they tested a bunch of brands of agave syrup, as you know it is VERY expensive, people like it because it is low glycemic......

a couple were the real deal, most were cut with a lot of cheap corn syrup...anything to make a buck...is there a way for consumers to check if it is agave or if it is corn syrup??

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
great post! thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join