It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil deGrasse on The Daily Show - Upcoming Asteroid Mining!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
www.thedailyshow.com...

I remember hearing of this some time ago. I'm glad they're pulling through with it.
Definitely going to be a huge leap considering the possibilities for new, undiscovered resources that could benefit us much more than anything on earth.

Remember, it's Larry Page, Eric Schmidt, James Cameron, Peter Diamandis, and Ross Perot, Jr. handling this.
Oh, no.
I hope someone doesn't make an outrageous connection between "Project Blue Beam" and James Cameron.

Here's an article if you don't feel like being humored.
www.forbes.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

If we don't stop these guys they will probably end up mining the gases from Uranus!

Uranus' atmosphere is about 83% hydrogen, 15% helium and 2% methane.
That's a virtual gold mine for all those Hydrogen powered cars that we will be driving.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
No Bull #hit!

I'm jus' sayin.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm so stoked on this. Alot of sci-fi from the past paints corporations as the space leaders. Some point to governments, but I've always thought the real space race would be profit driven. And since most of the old sci-fi I read as a kid has become real science...the future is looking bright to me

Now though, the governments will get in the way...you can't this and that...tax this and that.
I hope this Seattle based company won't get squashed by big government.

top topics

join