It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This might sound silly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
But is there any possibility to make your brain remember everything you've done, seen, read etc. in your life? I'm practicing meditation for a while and lately i feel like there's so much to know about everything out there but my brain can't just keep up with the tons of information it's recieving.
I trained 'light speed reading' or 'super fast reading' and i now can read large books or documents in a very short time but i often forget most of it no matter how hard i empty my mind and concentrate. It really frustrates me and i'm wondering if anyone knows how to enhance your memory and/or how to have better access to your memories.

Yeah. I'm really interested in this and what i've found on google doesn't really satisfy me so i wonder if anybody here has achieved this. I've been into meditation and astral projection for over 1 year and respectively 3 months now. I feel that the astral projection is bedtime stories and it's never been proved to be real, but i really think meditation is the way. I think it's everyone's dream to have full control of their bodies/brains/organs using their mind, huh?

So there was my question which i think you'll might call silly. Every reply will be appreciated. Thanks.
Peace.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Alexander382 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You have two types of memory: short term and long term.

Think of it this way. You want to call a repairman. You look up the number, repeat it a few tomes, then dial it. That's short term memory. Once you've finished with the info, you discard it.

Long term memory is obvious. I know there are people with photographic memories, but I don't know if that's a skill you can learn.

Just one last thing. Your brain rids itself of the "useless" information for a reason.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't know how to enhance memories but for me, the practice of mediation is about existing in the present, being in the now. memories are past or future tense, the mind loves to be in both those places. the practice is about getting the mind to focus on the now so I don't think meditation would be overly helpful in this area, that's my 2 cents anyways.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think you can remember anything that's happened in your life if you can find the right cues of the environment somewhere in your head and start piecing together what it is you want to remember, when, what etc...

Think of a random day in Grade 5.
Where were you sitting on a random day?
What do you remember specifically about that day or time, or moment that makes you able to remember it?

You can trace your memory back by using the environment in which you found yourself at that time creating the memory. Don't think about the memories themselves as much as what you were doing in the moment that would make you remember.

or something, this is just off the top of my head, I was able to randomly look back at Grade 5 to imagine myself what I was doing etc..i'm sure if I took the time to scan any memory of my past it would be possible.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Hmm.. i think you might be right man. As i've just learned that the brain discards useless information...

Thanks for your replies but i still won't give up.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure that meditation could necessarily allow you to remember your past in perfect detail, however there are ways through meditation that you can achieve a better memory. I highly recommend you look into developing visualization skills, as they are vital for meditation, and the better you are at visualizing, the better you will be at spiritual meditation.

That's a video I made about visualization and how to do it. Once you're able to observe a picture, image, or memory and visualize it in great detail, you're on your way to acquiring a better memory and overall a better meditation.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The mind has to be trained and disciplined to remember and recall in the way you want. Hypnosis is very helpful in accomplishing this.

There are different schools of thought on memories, But I'm convinced our brain never forgets anything. Everything we have ever experienced is all there. Accessing it is another matter though.

new topics

top topics

join