It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting "Mozart's Symphony 40".....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I am by NO MEANS a music aficionado........not when it comes to "googley-eyed' adoring fans of.....anything.....I happen to like many types of music......from "Classical" to....well, most of the range. HATE rap.....so, let that be out there......HATE RAP!!!! (Hope that is obvious!)...

While bumping around on the Internet, on YouTube....found this version of Mozart's Symphony 40, and just wanted to share.....I was BLOWN away by the arrangement by the conductor .... adding the timpani as an "underscore" was.....well, "inspired"....to my "tin ear" , anyhow.......

So, enjoy:

(edit)...YT link....should be fixed.

And, yes....occurs to me that Mozart might well be "spinning in his grave" right now!! (lol)....but, I liked it....and anyone else who liked it, should be proof positive that a person's work is worthy of others' creativity.....
edit on Fri 27 April 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Very nice indeed!
By the way i love rap too

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ExploitedAliens

Thanks, but:

By the way i love rap too

....I still DON'T!! (Sorry).

Anyhow.....music is amazing.....as I tried to express in the opening...it is SO versatile......like, this......try to understand how so "few" notes can be 'arranged' in so many, many, MANY ways:

The above ^ ^ ^ has in the first part, the Mozart "Symphony 40".....but, jump to the end, and hear the rest!! (With a nice glass of wine, maybe??)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
awesome! I'm a huge classical fan, the middle eastern flare from the percussionist's is a perfect fit.

Here's some other great ones for you

hard to pick a few out of hundreds of astounding pieces

and some sinatra for good measure
aweeee yeahhhh.....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Great, thank you!!

More I think on this......"composing" is only a part of the process.....WOW!! Just look at the people who MUST all come together, in an orchestra, in order to bring it all....to "completion'!!

WOW~!!!!!

for all af those folks......whether here and alive now, or in past......

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Yeah its like answering a phone call from the past, a history lesson of sorts. Music allows you to step into the shoes of people centuries ago and feel what they felt. So awesome.

new topics

top topics

join