It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is It With Some People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't get how a journalist / professor, specifically mine, can pride them-self as someone who essentially invades someones personal life, revealing the most intimate details, yet when you ask THEM questions in order to get your work done properly, they can't take it. They tell me to hound people for detail, yet when I want detail from them, it is supposed to just be completely obvious.

Its almost like they can dish it, but can't take it. Its like they get along better with complete strangers than people who are not.

Are some people just inherently negative?

Cognitive dissonance much?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's the same attitude many people have. Yes, you need to dig for details, but not in MY life.
In other words, 'do as I say, not as I do"

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Surely you have more details than that. This is a rather unfocused rant. What happened?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I called my professor with questions about how to crop images with the proper specifications for my final project. I explained what I did, she said thats not how to do it, then she says exactly what I told her but with different terminology. Its like I said "Oh thats a cute canine," but I'm wrong for not calling it a dog.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am not sure what you are trying to say, but if i get it right, this might help.

You learn from every person you meet, the hard part is to understand what you just learned, and then search the answer by your logic, other persons, or by doing.
I do most by logic and doing, and learn from my mistake, can be embarrassing, but it's a part of learning.

It will take time and patience, but the knowledge of it all is you understanding.

I am a knowledge guy, but i am still learning every day from every person, and my self.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
reply to post by schuyler

I called my professor with questions about how to crop images with the proper specifications for my final project. I explained what I did, she said thats not how to do it, then she says exactly what I told her but with different terminology. Its like I said "Oh thats a cute canine," but I'm wrong for not calling it a dog.

I don't suppose your professor's name is Mrs. Phage by chance?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Maybe she just knows that canines can also mean teeth and was trying to get you to be more precise. Or maybe she was just having a bad day...
TGIF? (Thank God It's Friday)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You began your rant by complaining that she would not reply to intrusive questions about herself. Consider if she is a public figure and what ethical boundaries exist concerning this.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Not intrusive questions about her. I was saying that she has no problem asking intrusive questions when she hounds a story subject for detail, but when you ask her for detail about anything, in this case photograph dimensions, she can't take all the questions. Then she says I'm wrong.
edit on 27-4-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Maybe she just knows that canines can also mean teeth and was trying to get you to be more precise. Or maybe she was just having a bad day...
TGIF? (Thank God It's Friday)

If that example was real, there wouldn't be a need to do that. There is a dog / canine present so I wouldn't be talking about teeth.
edit on 27-4-2012 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
well you bring up a good topic of thought. Since its education, you need to learn a process of thought or what have you that the class offers.Not a relationship with the teacher of the class

where I end up at is soon in your application you will not have your professor to ask questions.
The professor is neither the horse,(you) or the water (your applied education), he is the facilitator which leads the horse to the water, or gives you a map where the water is and you lead your horse if this is a little less offensive, which I am not trying to be.
edit on 27-4-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by racer451

LOL. Your not being offensive. Unless you F-YOU to me, I'm not going to take it as an offense given the nature of the internet and the all too common loss of translation it brings.

That being said, its funny you mentioned a horse. That is pretty much what this project is about. Horse racing.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

wow how did I know that
there you go. Hit the stables where the answers are.

ETA: do you understand the value of backwards planning to reach an objective?
edit on 27-4-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join