It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Dad Defends Couple Who Caught Ball as Son Cried

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The father of a little boy who broke down at a Texas Rangers game after not getting a ball tossed into the stands said the couple who got the souvenir has been unfairly demonized.

Kyle Shores' three-year-old son Cameron had his heart set on the ball tossed to the crowd by Rangers first basemen Mitch Moreland during the eighth inning of Wednesday's game against the visiting New York Yankees. When Sean Leonard, who was sitting nearby with his fiancee, Shannon Moore, ended up with the ball, Cameron's waterworks began. That caught the attention of Yankees broadcaster Michael Kay, who lambasted the couple on air, calling them "greedy."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what's wrong with America. Not every fan gets a ball from the ball game. Not every kid gets a trophy for taking part. Kudos to this dad for defending the couple who caught the ball.

The expectations set for this kid by the media in this case are ridiculous. What will happen next time he goes to the game and doesn't get a ball?

Turns out that the team gave the kid a ball at the end of the game when they "realized what happened". Hope they're prepared to give a ball to every single kid in the stand who cries when they don't get something.

The couple caught the ball fair and square, the kids' parents obviously weren't quick enough. Case closed.

Apprently, in America, when you don't get what you want, you can throw a hissy fit and everything will be made better.
edit on 27-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Apr 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

At least the father is stepping up and saying that people are unfairly treating the other couple. He understands what happened.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Apprently, in America, when you don't get what you want, you can throw a hissy fit and everything will be made better.

Yep, pretty much! If you look up entitled in the dictionary it should have a map of The United States next to it.

Future leaders of America right here.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Cameron, who took home a ball from a game last season, was so sure that he’d get another souvenir that not getting that one was too much to handle, Shores said.

It seems to me that the whiny kid is the greedy one.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by underduck

At least the father is stepping up and saying that people are unfairly treating the other couple. He understands what happened.

Yup, this happens daily, at ball games around the United States (the idea of kids not getting balls), Not sure why FOX NEWS wants to make a big deal out of this story. It's the lead story on their website right now. I think it's because the broadcaster made such a big deal out of the kid not getting the ball, but this is hardly a lead story.editby]
edit on 27-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Im just wondering why is this a "social issue" and why is ATS in general becoming a place for general gossip? Im not sure what a fox news report about a little boy has anything to do with anything above top secret.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Reply to post by DrumsRfun

What? You mean you dont get a ball every game?

A whiny kid, some poor slob who actually caught the ball being hated for it and a father who sounds like has some sense.

Why is any of this news? Why the hell is it NATIONAL news?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

Im just wondering why is this a "social issue" and why is ATS in general becoming a place for general gossip? Im not sure what a fox news report about a little boy has anything to do with anything above top secret.

It's a "social issue" because it shows what's wrong with the "social issues" in America. The sense of entitlement that this kid has is astounding, and shows what's going on with social values in America today.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The couple caught the ball fair and square, the kids' parents obviously weren't quick enough. Case closed.

Yeah but, I'd give that kid the ball either way. I don't fault them for catching it, but I do think it's a little heartless to keep it knowing that crying child is crying because they wanted it, and really, wtf does that ball mean to you? To you? to that kid, it would mean the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think its a social issue that is less about this kid, Kids always cry when they dont get their way mine do every kid I've seen does. This is more and issue about the adults that teach our kids that.

The dad said they did offer it and he the dad refused it to teach his kid a lesson. look at the video hes smiling the dad is because he is not upset.

The announcer and the media (my local was awful this morning a station I have watched for 11 years and they acted like children trashing the couple) are the problem here at how they jumped and damned the couple with out even knowing the facts at all! That is what is wrong the instant YOUR GUILTY mentality clearly shown several weeks ago in Florida as well!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
We as a nation will have a huge problem if we continue to allow our children to grow up with a sense of entitlement.

Life isn't fair. Sometimes it stinks. You don't always get the ball so you better have strategies to cope with failure.

Giving the kid the ball won't help. He's learned a tantrum gets him what he wants. If he hadn't got a ball, what would he have learned?

*You don't always get what you want.
*When you feel disappointed, you deal with it.

What a great father this boy has.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
why national news?

its demonification of greed
its part of beeing steered into the hive mentality
hive ..what was I thinkin..
I ment communism
edit on 27-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I caught this on the news last night while watching with my boyfriend. It started a big discussion on the small and large ways children are "set up" at an early age to expect that the world and all of its inhabitants are there expressly for their own entertainment. I had said, were it our little one crying, I would have taken the opportunity to explain, in an age-appropriate way, that a person's value is not defined by what they have or do not have, and to show how large our hearts can be, we show that we are happy for someone else when they find fortune.

Kudos to a parent with a brain acknowledging a whole big world beyond their own child.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
why national news?

its demonification of greed
its part of beeing steered into the hive mentality
hive ..what was I thinkin..
I ment communism
edit on 27-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Let me get this straight. You think Fox News is pushing a communistic mentality? Hmmmmmmmm

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't blame the kid for crying about the ball. That's what 3 year old kids do. They think they get everything simply because they want it.

It's the 20 year olds that act the same way that I have a problem with.

It's a damn shame that the media has gone fully puzzy spreading this around and reinforcing to the "entitled" generation that this is acceptable.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Does it really matter? Seriously, does it?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
"you don't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need" - Jagger / Richards

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Yeah but, I'd give that kid the ball either way. I don't fault them for catching it, but I do think it's a little heartless to keep it knowing that crying child is crying because they wanted it, and really, wtf does that ball mean to you? To you? to that kid, it would mean the world.

Yup, maybe, but the kid also needs to realize that not everyone in the stands gets the ball at the ball game.

It would be a nice gesture to give the kid the ball, but not when he's throwing a tantrum cause he didn't get it, and behaving like a spoiled brat.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters and really, wtf does that ball mean to you? To you? to that kid, it would mean the world.

Who's to say it didn't mean the world to the couple that caught it? Not you, anyway....

That said, good for the parents of this kid speaking out against the unfair treatment of the couple who caught the ball fair and square. Watch the video, they don't even realize he he is that upset.

The couple and the kids parents got along great during the game, talked through out ( Before and after the ball incident) and they are being demonized unfairly. They did nothing wrong. They caught a ball.

I side with the parents of this children who were actually there and know all the details. They caught it fair and square. It's a lesson in life. Well....It should have been...That you can't always get something just because you want it.

Was it sweet that they got him another ball later? Of course. Was he entitled to any ball in the first place? Not in the slightest.

Again, good for the parents speaking up in defense of the couple who caught the ball. We need more people like them.

edit on 27-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

wow spoiled brat

hes 3 do u even have a heart?

3 year olds cry. not because there spoiled

top topics

<<   2 >>

join