It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Flogging A Dead Horse At the Labour Party Conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   
As thousands of pro-hunt protesters gather at Brighton today on the day Prime Minister Tony Blairs delivers his keynote speech protester dumped two dead horses at the railway station near the Conference centre.Thousands of police have been drafted in for security reasons.This follows the violent clashes in Westminster a couple of weeks ago when the hunt ban bill was debated and passed.On that day 5 protesters stormed the House of Commons chamber itself.

Thousands of demonstrators are staging a protest outside the Labour Party conference in Brighton in protest at government plans to ban fox-hunting.
The demonstration, led by the Countryside Alliance, coincides with Tony Blair's keynote speech.

Thousands of protesters and their working dogs from hunts across southern England are taking part.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I can see this getting out of hand today,

I think the meeting starts shorlty, and the protesters are already gathering,

I would not like to be security there today.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
these freaks are a very small insegnificant minority of the population of this country. The vast majority of us do not want fox hunting in any form. They claim that thousands of hunting hounds will have to be destroyed but they kill them anytway at about 5 years old!!

The civil rights argument just makes me laugh, what about the fox's rights?

I live in the country (Dorset) and most of my friends do too and I have yet to find ONE person who is pro hunting.

they didn't listen to 2 million protestors over the war so why do they think that they will listen to a couple of hundred inbred mutants protesting eh?

also it was the first time I was actually on the side of the police when they were dispensing street justice against these pro hunt idiots

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Although I am anti-hunting I am pro free-speech and I am pleased to see that at last some group is willing to stand up and take their protests directly to the government.

On a side note, apparently the UK is to receive another increase in fuel prices soon...further civil unrest could be on the horizon.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
These so called "Toffs" are worse than the working classes.
It just shows you the mentality of these people.
What happened to the horses?
The sooner this out of date "TOFF" pastime is stopped the better.
By the way you can't say" HUNTING WITH DOGS"...The "Toffs" like to refer to them as "HOUNDS"...Sounds much nicer.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Although I am anti-hunting I am pro free-speech and I am pleased to see that at last some group is willing to stand up and take their protests directly to the government.

The reason for the whole debate on fox hunting is the fact that it is a cruel blood sport. Dumping dead animals into fountains and at railway stations isn't the best way to protest their cause.

This quote from that article made me giggle:

Originally by Baroness Mallalieu
"The saddest thing is that we are seeing the police being deployed to protect the government from the people - and I never thought I would see that under a Labour government."

These people don't pay much attention to civil liberties until it happens to them and then they're shocked by the way the riot-police handle things. Welcome to the twenty-first century!

As for the argument that banning hunting is against their civil liberties, if that is the case then why can't I enjoy a joint in a pub?

The whole issue is just a fish thrown to the seals so that they can flap their fins at the great liberal and fair hand of Tony Blair's New Labour in an attempt to hide the lies of WMD and the unjust wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. At the bottom of the article is this quote:

At the weekend Tony Blair suggested a compromise might be reached such as for hunting to continue under licence.

Two million anti-war protestors don't make a difference, but a couple of disgruntled hound keepers can move mountains.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by shanti23]

top topics

join