It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opus Dei To Hunt Down Vatican Whistle-Blower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Vatican staffers who have been leaking embarrassing letters about corruption and nepotism inside the tiny city state are to be hunted down by a crack squad of cardinals led by a senior member of the religious group Opus Dei.

Irritated by the anonymous release of documents to the press this year, Pope Benedict has named Cardinal Julian Herranz, 82, to lead a three-man team which will haul in staffers for questioning and rifle through files until they catch the perpetrators of what has been dubbed "Vatileaks".

members.beforeitsnews.com...

Opus Dei not a threat? think again.. It would be nice if the Vatican had more whistleblowers... oh what a treasure of knowledge the vaults of the Vatican must hold.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So rather than root out the corruption and nepotism, they are going to root out those who have disclosed evidence of the corruption and nepotism?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Well of course. That would be bad for business wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
So rather than root out the corruption and nepotism, they are going to root out those who have disclosed evidence of the corruption and nepotism?

With an 82 year old man leading the charge. If that dude came up to me, making demands, and talking about wanting to either kill me or haul me off...I'd just push him over.

To go along with the fixing the problem instead of continuing with current methods, it shouldn't be so shocking to anyone. This seems to be a reoccuring issue modern man has when it comes to..well...everything. Sad to see.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This just shows how great religion is for the world. How do people follow people like that? It just sounds like another political party with their own self serving agenda.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Duh, they're conservatives.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yet again the Catholic Church proves they would rather plug the leaks than deal with the problems inherent in their system.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Prophesy of St. Malachy is getting more believable every day. Satan's running shop at the Vatican IMO. This is sickening when the church behaves as bad as the government. Although, I know the media is going to spin this into the biggest scandal they can. It looks awful at this point.

en.wikipedia.org...

Next up: Last Pope #268:

Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills (Rome) will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I reckon fair's fair. Since the church is responsible for the loss of so much history and culture in the past (eg South America - the Spaniards and Alexandria -christians plus muslims = destroyed library) the vatican should open up it's archives for public viewing. I guess this is called looking through rose coloured glasses

Warm wishes

Steve

top topics

join