It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My odd dream about 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well here it is... I NEVER thought I would feel like I needed to post about a dream I had. However, my mom has always had prophetic dreams. She is extremely intuitive. My son is as well. I use to be, but I shut all of that out because it was too overwhelming. I hate confrontation and have always tried to stay neutral and after learning the hard way, I post mostly about news that can be backed with an article on this site. But here goes!

I fell asleep watching Grey's Anatomy last night. So it's not like I was watching anything that could have triggered the dream. While I think about 2012 and everything related sometimes, it is not something I focus on.

I woke up around 2am my time in insane pain. Somehow both of my arms managed to fall asleep while I was sleeping... then I remembered my dream. I was frantically running around in this huge group of people. It looked as though we were without power or any real shelter. It looked like we were in the middle of the desert and a fire was keeping people warm. The sky looked dark orange. I was telling people that we messed up. We were through. We had our chance to pull together as a race and we failed. We were being tested and failed that test, so our time was up. Instead of uniting in times of duress, we turned on eachother. Instead of working together towards a common goal, we have all of these class wars and hatred towards one another. Nobody was listening to me in my dream. I said something like "There's no stopping this once it starts." And then the sky went from orange to black. I was looking for the moon or some sort of marker as to where I was standing. I didn't see any stars or anything. Just solid black. I remember getting dizzy and falling down. That's when I woke up with my arms asleep!

Sounds like a scene out of a movie.

Apparently in my dream, I was trying to get everyone to realize that we are suppose to come together as a race if we want to survive.

I don't usually dream in detail like this. Or I don't remember my dreams. I thought it was worth mentioning. Or worth a laugh. However you look at it.

BTW... I also had a dream that Obama got re-elected.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

BTW... I also had a dream that Obama got re-elected.

That's not a dream...that's a nightmare.

2nd.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hi

I like to read about dreams, and I really don't care if its true or not.

I would like to know, how do you know it was about 2012? Was it just a feeling you had about it being 2012?
And are you a Christian?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

hmm so we had a chance to get rid of Obama and failed

life got ruined?

Makes sense actually

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Oddly, a friend of mine was discussing her dream with me a few weeks ago. I got an eerie feeling as she went on to describe it. Even stranger still was the fact she was describing scenes similar to what I had been dreaming as of late.

An odd world, like something out of a mad max movie. Few survivors, no 'fight' left in people basically milling around seeking food and shelter in a shock-induced stupor. Most buildings had no roofs, most of the vegetation was all dried up. The ground was hard and cracked and like in your dream, the sky was a pale orange, like you see at sunset. The sun was high in the sky, shining down through some sort of haze. The eeriest thing about the dream was the silence. You could hear dry branches groan and creak, you could hear the breese blowing and the shuffle of feet on the pavement.... but no one really spoke.

Both of us can remember the gist of the dream and a few details, but neither of us can remember what came about to leave such a state.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Just over a year ago, I also dreampt that the sky was on fire, that the fire was rolling toward us, sky's was nice and blue, few clouds (in the USA), it was summer time, in the future around mid day... I heard a voice in my head telling me we'd have 2 days from the "witnesses" before the huge fireball event was to occur....I'd fallen asleep during the day and this dream woke me up .. I felt terribly startled ..it seemed so real.

A few months back, where I was outside at night and looked up at the sky only too see the most amazing shooting star display ... with what seemed like the sky rolling up behind all the racing across the sky activity..the roll up revealed utter darkness .. nothinginess..it was an exceptionally vivid dream.

I went back into the house and holed up in the (pre-prepared ) basement with family, friends & aquaintences to wait it out, "knowing" that if any of us stepped outside we would instantly die/be vapourized while this was going on.. sadly a few did go outside ....

The dream ended before I knew if normality returned ...

edit on 27-4-2012 by AliceBlackman because: sp

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Be nice if we get a few more postings of these types of lucid dreams here, along this "looming disaster theme" ... perhaps we'd be able to piece together something .... (even if it's only a good idea for a book / movie).

That would be funny if this is what the getting together in the OP dream was about ...

Going out on a total limb..but can you imagine if a number of us have little clues as to what might unfold and between putting the clues together we figure out how to avoid / survive whatever is coming ...

I like the idea

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

I agree, my friend and I kind of thought it odd that we had such a similar dream within the same time frame. I'm open minded and in the Native belief dreams are either a lesson or a message from the spirit world. I wondered if this is some kind of warning or message... but it's cryptic and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
reply to post by AliceBlackman

I agree, my friend and I kind of thought it odd that we had such a similar dream within the same time frame. I'm open minded and in the Native belief dreams are either a lesson or a message from the spirit world. I wondered if this is some kind of warning or message... but it's cryptic and I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do with it.

Yes, that's how I felt about the 2 odd dreams I had, so funny I keep scanning the internet looking for the "witnesses", as if I would just know if I saw it ... which is why I decided to flag the post ... just in case ....

I have had some really mundane prediction dreams when I was a kid, where I was even told the day and time for basically inconsequential happenings ..which then came to pass .. I was dumbfounded by those dreams .. I mean how about lottery numbers or something unusual / cool .. but no just people I hadn't seen before and their conversations that weren't really about anything much....
edit on 27-4-2012 by AliceBlackman because: sp

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I started a thread on this a few months ago, with a nuclear theme, and posters came out of the woodwork to share their dreams. People are picking up on a vibe, I believe, and it isn't pretty.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The dreams posted on this thread are very similar. It would be nice for people to work together, but that will not happen until the S hits the F, and not until things settle down. The transition from a selfish existence to a helpful cooperative will be painful, but hopefully it won't take people long to figure it out.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

I just "knew" it was 2012. I read something a while ago about how 2012 is about enlightenment and so on. We need to pull together as a race instead of being so divided. I'm sure that's what got stirred up in my dream.

I believe in the Christian God. But I don't believe in how the churches teach things. I believe in living a life like Christ. Being loving, accepting, non-judgmental, not self-serving, etc.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Yes! I was running around all frantic and nobody was caring. People were just sitting there, staring off into the fire. It was bizzare.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
Oddly, a friend of mine was discussing her dream with me a few weeks ago. I got an eerie feeling as she went on to describe it. Even stranger still was the fact she was describing scenes similar to what I had been dreaming as of late.

An odd world, like something out of a mad max movie. Few survivors, no 'fight' left in people basically milling around seeking food and shelter in a shock-induced stupor. Most buildings had no roofs, most of the vegetation was all dried up. The ground was hard and cracked and like in your dream, the sky was a pale orange, like you see at sunset. The sun was high in the sky, shining down through some sort of haze. The eeriest thing about the dream was the silence. You could hear dry branches groan and creak, you could hear the breese blowing and the shuffle of feet on the pavement.... but no one really spoke.

Both of us can remember the gist of the dream and a few details, but neither of us can remember what came about to leave such a state.

Well, to be honest. I'd never intended to post details of any of my dreams on here but three weeks ago I had a similar dream to you and PassedKarma.

The sky was dark orange. It was dry and dusty.
I was in like a small community and the buildings seemed shack-like.
I was also telling people that we blew the chance we had and that more people should have listened.

I also felt we were hiding or being hunted. I'm not sure.
But the deserted landscape really stood out and the emptiness.
The group I was with seemed to be searching for food and water.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

No way!!! That's insane! And kinda creepy. REALLY creepy.

The landscape was so dusty and everything was orange and red. The wind was blowing. One man in particular stood out to me. He seemed so empty. Had dark hair and was staring into the fire.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Yeah, it's weird.
When I saw your thread on the main page I was gonna give it a miss but decided to have a look and to be honest, it was like you were describing the exact dream I had.
I'm not into this dream stuff and all that but over the years, certain dreams have stood out with me.
These dreams have become real but don't get me wrong, they've been good ones.

It's just that this one was one of them that stood out and it made me feel uneasy when I woke.
But as I say. Your dream was near enough the same.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I saw your thread and I have to say very interesting.

I don't know if my dream had anything to do with a nuclear theme, and when I asked my friend if she remembered how the world got to be that way, she didn't remember either. Just dry and dusty, but I remember drawing water from a well, so there was some water underground.

I still can't believe so many people have had the same sort of dream though!

join