It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A vague warning from the top

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

"Anyone who borrows money for at least five years will lose everything they have."

Unfortunately i have to agree with you and your friend that warning is crystal clear and that senator doesnt have to even say it.

I have seen the signs here economical speaking and they aren't good. And by that senator warning does he expect a Global Market Crash or should say Economical Crash to happen?

And Redneck i am wondering is our both countries unemployment rate much higher then what the MSM is reporting it?
edit on 28-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I've known not to borrow money for the last 30 years..

how is news ?? and why doesn't the senator want to be named?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

That is clearly an off hand comment mentioned by your source.

As well as a somewhat personal inference to the subject matter.

The devaluation of The U.S. Dollar is an apparent concern.

The U.S. Central Bank backing of the European Monetary System

is a massive liability at this point.

Amongst other things that most of us are deftly aware of. S&F

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think the senator was warning of deflation. Sooner or later, we're going to end up with it if the economy doesn't improve. It is the logical conclusion given the consequences of globalization on our once vibrant manufacturing base. Deflation will make it hard to pay back loans as jobs become scarcer and wages continue to drop.

Any recent college graduate can see the germinating seeds of deflation. Those who manage to get the few jobs available typically end up making a pittance compared to what their superiors started at 20 years ago. They receive little experience and low wages because money and knowledge are being hoarded. Companies are afraid to pay--they are placing a higher value on money-- and that is the essence of deflation. Money is now an item to be rationed rather than quickly invested. Everyone is tightening his belt, and no amount of quantitative easing is going to decrease the value of something people will not let go of.

When the majority of firms and individuals in the economy BELIEVE money is more valuable it BECOMES more valuable. There is nothing the government can do about this. Poor economic expectations cause people to tighten their belts-- they instinctively hold on to whatever they perceive is valuable, and the importance of the almighty dollar is so ingrained in our brains that even rational people have a difficult time parting with it in times perceived as dangerous. Despite the government's cheerleading, the American people continue to possess a negative outlook on the future, and ironically that alone may be our undoing.

Deflation could cause serious damage to our economy. If people began to see dollars buying more buy the day, they could potentially move massive amounts of money out of investments. Many businesses could fail as a result. The dollar fever could grow until people again realize money must be invested in order to grow over the long haul, although by that time economic damage could conceivably be irreparable.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If you can't trust a mod....who can yea trust?

ForrrGet about it!!! lol

All fun aside....thanks for sharing...I know how hard it is...specially when it comes to ATS....can be a tuff crowd...but again I say...if you can't trust a mod....life as we know it.,,,

No serious,,Ty

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It reminds me of this

edit on 28-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jakeistheone

Stop drinking tap water. It means interest rates are going to skyrocket and or the value of the dollar is going to plummet. Like what happened just a few years ago. It's going to happen again only worse because there will be no bailouts this time. Instead of a bunch of people loosing their homes it's going to their jobs.
edit on 28-4-2012 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
So I suppose a hair cut would be in order.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I guess it's as simple as saying live within your means. Get rid of the materialism and the personal insecurities and mental tangles that come along with it. One can have what one wants if he knows it's truly for him - all what a person has to do is wait.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Because this was said by a US Senator, I deem it to have little to no credibility.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I suspect this comment was a generalisatuion about the increasing probability of hyper-inflation. Take another look at the thread on the 22 red flags posted recently and remind oneself of the list -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm now coming o the conclusion probably the best thing to invest in is food, the way things are going something as mundane as a can of beans may be worth $10 in five years time.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Thank for the message, but I'll be damned if I'm going to live my life in fear of words coming from one man.... I've heard to many ominous warnings from the super rich and powerful to the poor and helpless. Message is always the same....

Something bad is always going to happen... I just know that people that believe this, will never be surprised when it comes and actually expected it.

Hence the rise of every government ever constructed around fear....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
That seems weird to me.

The only thing I can think of is anyone with debt will have their assets sold out from under them to pay off the debt and institute debtors prison.

Considering a car loan and mortgage is debt that doesn't seem likely.
Not to mention the country itself is in debt.

It seems like the only conclusion that is safe is to say those with debt are screwed in general as the economy will shift to a cash and carry economy as no one will sell things on credit anymore.

Which at least the 18-30 year old age range now is shifting to using cash or debit card instead of credit cards.

So the economy is already shifting to a cash and carry world.

Anything else seems like either fear mongering or hinting at some huge upset which would cause riots.
Which could be, not that your friend or the senator would be fear mongering.
Rather warning that it could be hitting the fan soon.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I hear you and believe you RedNeck, as it confirms my own suspicions. Societies generally reach a peak of decadence just before their collapse. In our current times, decadence is at an all time high, the disparity between rich and poor is wider than it has ever been. The cultural focus on wealth and physical appearance is peaked out. All the signs are telling us that the world infrastructure is due for collapse but the weird thing is that the financial markets are just a symptom rather than a cause. The markets are the way they are 'because' of other circumstances, based around avarice which is actually lauded in our societies...

Didn't Gecko say that "Greed was Good"... that was supposed to be a *warning* by the film-makers, not a call to arms. Did people not 'get' the point of why that speech was included in that film? Anyways, regardless of the effect of a film from the 80's, *everything* will go down the pan.

Maybe the governments have done a better job of hiding the reality of what is coming that I though, although, maybe this is just a tremor.

The thing is, the machine of society is generally a constant process of expansion, when it goes belly up it is because somebody somewhere has thrown a spanner in the works. I believe that the *end game*, the destruction of the society machine as we know it, is predicated on the loss of oil supply. However, tremors are felt from other 'components' such as financial markets. The financial markets are useful but prone to the damaging effects of greed which cause it to overheat. This is overheating and like all machines, it will fail - component broken.

We all need to start making the changes. Yes, tell people, but don't be evangelical about it, nobody will listen. Just remove yourself from the ties of corporate control and live as free as you can within the world we have created. It'll mean making sacrifices for some, they will have to pass by the temptations of consumer toys (new TV, new GameBox, new car, new this, new that), but the ultimate aim is to build your own castle (figuratively speaking) and set yourself up so that you can protect you and yours. Get involved in local projects to grow local resources, wood, food, anything that you can create and sustain locally. Barter and trade will become a normal event as no man is an island. Communities will have to work together to build their own estates. Government by the people, for the people - in your own backyard!

Get out of the cities for sure, even the suburbs... They'll be the first to be supported by the governments but the also the first to fail when the government gets it all wrong. You can't grown corn in a window box to feed a family and you don't to be trapped in the cauldron when the water starts boiling.

Thanks RedNeck, all the signs are helpful, we just have to listen and use our intuition.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It might mean something. Then again - it might just be his personal opinion.
It all depends on how well connected the politician is and what he has overheard.
Something to keep in mind anyways.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Four pages of waffle... All based on an unclear, non-interpretable statement by an unknown government personality. No offense, but this is one of those times that the whole thing smacks of disinformation.

Having said that... What do I know? Tres Proceed...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hmm... I have school loans to pay off already... I might have to do something about that.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Watching my regular sources, and with a little logic, it means that by the end of the year the market and derivatives will collapse. Derivatives will be the key factor to watch. The price of fuel will collapse, but who will afford it. Inflation will be what causes the average person to loose everything as jobs and income disapears. Lots of loans will be called in default and re-secured or foreclosed by banks, and the collapse will ensue. Thats also why there FEMA camps being built. To house the people who go anarchist. But that will fail fairly rapidly and be overwealmed and anarchy will ensue. Once the dog eat dog mentality becomes un-containable the military will step in. Shortly after that nationwide martial law and Dictatorship will ensue. Why? Because none of you had the guts to fight the government corruption when you had a chance, your tv kept you fogged out and sated.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Here's the deal with unemployment...

The figures we see from the MSM in the US are based on how many people are drawing unemployment. Therefore it does not include:
  • People who have been unemployed so long they have exhausted their benefits
  • People who worked for businesses small enough to be exempt from unemployment
  • People who ran small businesses that were forced to close their doors
  • People who have managed to find part-time or subsistence jobs, even though their income is a tiny fraction of what it was.

It's not a new ides. For many years now, the reported inflation figures do not take into account food, gasoline, or electricity. Nice simple way to keep people calm and uninformed about just how bad it really is. If you really want to know how the economy is doing ask a truck driver, not a news reporter.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Let's say that in 2017 or afterwards, house prices completely crash and salaries too

So let's say a house that is now worth $200,000 is actually in 2017 worth $2,000

A salary that is now $60,000 per year is in 2017 $600 per year

Whereas your debt of $50,000 is still $50,000. There's no way you can pay that back or cover the interest.

It would make sense for TPTB to do this, they are effectively going fishing. They create money out of thin air, then lend it to people in the hope that they won't be able to repay, than when you can't meet your payments they reel in a company or a house etc. The money itself is no big deal to them, they want something real back in return.

So there's clearly a good incentive for the Bankers to do this, they've got a lot to gain.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Rubinstein because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join