It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say What?! Zimmerman's Website Received $200K In Donations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Say What?! Zimmerman's Website Received $200K In Donations

newsone.com

ORLANDO, Fla. — George Zimmerman’s attorney says a website created to raise money for his legal defense has raised more than $200,000.
O’Mara says the bail amount may have been higher if the judge knew Zimmerman had raised $200,000.
The website used to raise the money has since been shut down, but O’Mara said he’ll likely start a new defense fund for Zimmerman.
O’Mara did not immediately return a Thursday evening phone message by The Associated Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com
www.cbsnews.com
www.wftv.com
www.thespectrum.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I say IF because i don't know ,but 200k raised to pay for his legal defense i guess as long as it goes to lawyers cost and not into his pocket its all good because he is fighting the state and they got all the money they need.

I myself have taken the position in this case of observing from sidelines,it dose seem that Zimmerman's lawyers have come up with compelling evidence against the charges against Zimmerman.

On the other hand it would be a travesty if Zimmerman is guilty and gets away with this.

This almost seems like a reverse situation of the OJ Simpson case ware the racial positions of the defendants has been reversed, although Zimmerman dose not have a dream team.

newsone.com

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostcooler

I say IF because i don't know ,but 200k raised to pay for his legal defense i guess as long as it goes to lawyers cost and not into his pocket its all good because he is fighting the state and they got all the money they need.

I myself have taken the position in this case of observing from sidelines,it dose seem that Zimmerman's lawyers have come up with compelling evidence against the charges against Zimmerman.

On the other hand it would be a travesty if Zimmerman is guilty and gets away with this.

This almost seems like a reverse situation of the OJ Simpson case ware the racial positions of the defendants has been reversed, although Zimmerman dose not have a dream team.

newsone.com

everybody who owns a gun should be for Zimmerman, if he is found guilty is gonna set a bad precedent

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I will donate to his defense. There is enough reasonable doubt that he should not get convicted at all imo.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It raised that much in a short amount of time. It has been shut down.

Good for him. He's a fella who has lost his job and can't get out of the house
because of all the hype and spin (and death threats) but he went and found a way t
o get money to help himself and not burden the tax payers with having to provide
a free attorney.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostcooler

George Zimmerman’s attorney says a website created to raise money for his legal defense has raised more than $200,000.

Good for him!

I have avoided threads on this topic because this is just so ridiculous.

Why do I say that you ask......

If you are an innocent person and somebody is following you and you have time to make a phone call is it going to be to your boyfriend / girlfriend or the police?

This would never have gotten any press if it happened between two people of the same race.

They are playing you for a fool!

As far as your thread why the hell do you care how much money was donated to the man. It's none of your business. How much money was donated to the Martin family? I don't know and really don't care because........ it's none of my business.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
His bail was set low because he pled he was indigent.

Attorney said in court Zimmerman was indigent; now says website raised $200,000Attorney said in court Zimmerman was indigent; now says website raised $200,000
George Zimmerman's Attorney Claims His Client Is 'Indigent' & 'Broke'

Here's where things get really messed up - after copping being "broke and indigent", he now claims he has all this money from donations, but there's no court oversight of this donation process, for all we know it came directly from his family or it's his own money donated back to himself via a willing third party.

The lawyer (O'Mara) is now getting some heat for not disclosing the donation site to the court and when he was asked, claimed it was only a few hundred to a few thousand.

Judge delays decision on Zimmerman contributions

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Wow that is some enlightening information thank you.
Now i am sensing deception on the part of Zimmerman's party after reading your links.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Ghostcooler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

The media has made it our business invading everyone's life with this case,think about it if they didn't want it to be our business this whole case could have been privatized behind closed doors.

Thank you for your input,but assumptions are not welcome!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Zimmerman was locked up before the bail hearing. I'm pretty sure that people awaiting arraignment don't have internet access to check paypal accounts. Also if I'm not mistaken, O'mara only became Zimmerman's attorney shortly before the bail hearing.

It's my understanding that bail is set based on several things. Severity of the crime accused, flight risk, evidence presented by the prosecutor, and least of all on financial circumstance of the defendant. Murder two is serious. Zimmerman isn't a flight risk as he willingly returned to Florida to be arrested. The evidence in the PC statement is thin. Would knowledge of this have changed the bail set? Zim's attorney says it might have. Regardless $200k minus bail leaves $185K to pay his lawyer who charges $400+ an hour.

What I'd be most interested in seeing is the average size of donations. If Zim's family or a couple deep pocketed people who took interest provided most of the money that's one thing, but if the money accumulated by thousands of people giving small donations $20-$50 that's another. If the latter is the case, I find it encouraging that so many people saw through the Crumped up narrative that the MSM spewed 24-7 up until we actually started seeing facts presented to the courts recently.

Personally, I haven't donated to Zim, yet. I'm seriously considering doing so though. I'm expecting both a state tax refund any day now and a bonus from work at the end of June. If this is still going on when I get either. I'm probably going to throw a small bit of cash Zim's way.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I wouldn't say it shows deception, just he is crafty and knows his way around the courts.

Could be from those three previous criminal charges he got off on which gave him plenty of courtroom experience, could be from having a retired magistrate judge for a father, could be from the fact he hired a primo high-priced lawyer, could be from the circles of ALEC/stand-your-ground defenders using this case as a showdown, etc., etc., etc.

I for one don't believe Zimmerman is nearly as naive as he pretends to be.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well you know it's hard to check his donations from jail and they did know that he had a website to get donations so I would say they are trying to make him look bad and soon the parents will want a full accounting so they can have the money. They hav sold their sons soul you might say

FREE ZIMMERMAN!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't know why your surprised....
Racism is still very strong in this country....

Before Zimmerman killed a kid...
He called 911....
He was told too STOP FOLLOWING...GO HOME....COPS WILL HANDEL

That's murder in my book. He was itching to be a hero!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

And the kid came up and tride to rob him. It's the old don't bring a knife to a gun fight. If your going to tell a tale tell it to the end.

Locally we have collected quite a it of money for Zimmerman and are just waiting for the dust to settle. He'll be a free man by Christmas and many people will burn down their own neighborhoods. Good for the economy

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There's a lot of threads discussing the Zimmermann-Martin case:

Everything Zimmerman and Trayvon

This being the main thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.
edit on Fri Apr 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join