It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights recorded in Antofagasta Chile 04/19/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Amazing video , the guy recording says that's it's impposible for a 4x4 to move around those hills.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by simon2k7

Interesting video , I don't know what it is but I believe the guy filmed it in good faith , just checked his channel and as far as I can see this is the only UFO video on there .... which makes a refreshing change .

Here's the embed for you

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Certainly shows some unusual blinking and flashing. No obvious answer as far as I can tell. Anyone else?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wow ... curiouser and curiouser , this UFO was filmed 3 Feb 2012 in Antofagasta and unless its some kind of reflection is pretty impressive

UFO from .41

Slow mo of the UFO .

So what was that ?

UFO from simon2k7 video .

UFO from the skate park Antofagasta 3 Feb 2012

deathby1000papercuts.com...

edit on 27-4-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add pics

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
At first it looks similar to automobile head lights, but as the video progresses in becomes clear, in my opinion, that that's not what it is.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Wow ... curiouser and curiouser , this UFO was filmed 3 Feb 2012 in Antofagasta and unless its some kind of reflection is pretty impressive

UFO from .41

Slow mo of the UFO .

So what was that ?

UFO from simon2k7 video .

UFO from the skate park Antofagasta 3 Feb 201

deathby1000papercuts.com...

edit on 27-4-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add pics

Whatever it is, it appears (at least) to be on the other side of those lights and hauling a significant amount of butt.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Oops, wrong thread.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I guess it's a rod filmed in slow shutter speed/long exposure time and interlaced video.

See also this 8'00 extract of the documentary "Monster Quest" that fully explain how it works:

On a side note, remember that one of the more outspoken defenders of rods as aliens is Jose Escamilla, host of the RoswellRods.com web site... which by itself is a clue of what rods really are...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

The thought had crossed my mind but it doesn't look a any " Rod " I've seen and it does appear to me to be beyond the lights .
My first thought was a reflection but the camera doesn't move and I see no source for it , I don't know it just looks odd .
Maybe it is the same thing that's in the OP video and they have come back .... it is 2012 .... and it is South America

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There's two UFO in the video , one seems to be moving and the other one is stationary. I don't think theres any relation with the video I posted and the other video that takes place in a bike competition.
edit on 27-4-2012 by simon2k7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
South America seems to be a hotbed for UFO/paranormal activity. I'm in the wrong country.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
South America seems to be a hotbed for UFO/paranormal activity. I'm in the wrong country.

I live in Chile and have a decent camera to go UFo hunting at nights , all I need is a car to get me to those andes mountains..lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Dosen't look much like a rod, the skatepark video is intriguing.
It's strange that South America, namely Chile has become a hot-spot for UFO activity, I hope we have some Chilean ATS'ers who can aim their cameras to the skies!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As far as the OP video, would need a daylight pic to make a decent assumption on what it might be. Gortex' video is certainly interesting, doesn't look like a typical rod, but certainly travelling fast.

I think Gortex video is CGI

edit on 27-4-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gloomz

Maybe because of the Andes Mountains.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I agree that this is the most likely case, I wonder what their fascination for this beautiful landscape is?
I heard somewhere once that in parts of South America mineral and biological life is so diverse that they could be used as a sort of Petra dish for us as a word populous. Perhaps therein lies the answer?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Interesting vid and it's certainly not the first time there has been freaky UFO reports from the Antofagasta area - here's one involving an unknown object harassing policemen and then submerging into the ocean:

Bizarre Police UFO/USO Case from Tocopilla, Chile, 1971.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I don't understand why there are tons of Rod videos but no one has thought of getting a huge bug net to catch one? I don'y know if it's possible but I would think worth a shot. From all the videos I have seen they are pretty common and tons fly around all the time. Just an idea.

new topics

top topics

join