It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is devil worshipping ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Out of curiosity, when people do receive answers or perceived miracles, what is your response to that?

Let us see, second line....coming out of my butt....

Oh, and whether or not they are two sides to the same coin of one another - does it invalidate either belief systems? Why is there only one way? Atheism, Secularism, or Religion? We have more than one mental state. For example, sane, insane, schizo, bi-polar. Another example would be politics. Are you right or left or fall in between picking and choosing what you like and don't like?

Just wondering...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

It is worshipping any idea-figure in history

you think the devil has walked the earth some point in the past like jesus did ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

and you can't worship any devils at all without believing in some kinds of devils.

aren't personal experiences with these kind of beings necessary to believe ?

The majority of supporters of the Ancient Astronaut story, have no had it validated by person experiences. Some have, though I'd put severe doubt into the legitimacy of these "Experiences."

Idealism, Indoctrination, Arrogance, The interpretation of evidence to support it, Pressure from peers, ect. There's many things that influence peoples beliefs.

Personal experiences are weak, self contradicting, and prove everything if everyone's experience is valid. You have to admit experiences can be false, otherwise everything ever would be true and in contradiction with various interpretations of it and other things.

If people believe from personal experience, they believe in it regardless. Which doesn't disagree with my point, you have to believe in Devils to worship them.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Allow me to clarify some misinformation in this thread.

First off, SATAN IS NOT A CHRISTIAN CREATION. I will not go into detail here because there is a multitude of source material available, but the figure Satan is an evolution of numerous ancient pagan deities, generally from pantheons of deities. Some examples of Satan's origins are Enki, Melek Taus, Loki, and so on. Satan was "demonized" by the christian church because the figure of Satan represents the natural world and pagan religious practice, which were reviled by the early (and modern) christian church. Again, the figure of Satan IS NOT A CHRISTIAN CREATION. Do some research and you will likely be surprised by what you discover.

Devil worship:
Contrary to what was stated earlier, devil worship is in fact the faithful worship of an entity believed to be named Satan. This is often known as "orthodox Satanism" and the followers of this path do indeed believe and place faith in the supposed deity, Satan. The actual practices of orthodox Satanists vary from sect to sect, but all view Satan as an actual, living being.

Archetypal Satanism:
This is typically known as LaVeyan Satanism, and views Satan as an archetype. This means that followers of this path do not believe that a deity named Satan exists, but still feel drawn to the imagery for whatever reason, as a source of strength and power. LaVeyan Satanists embrace emotion and the carnal nature of the psyche instead of denying them.

There are numerous other versions of Satanism, but the two above are the most commonly practiced. There are countless resources available online if you are interested. I hope this helped.
edit on 27-4-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by icepack

Devil worship is anything that's not worshiping God YHWH Christ.

If you worship any god but YHWH, you're devil worshiping.

If you worship money, materials, the world, you're devil worshiping,

If you don't accept Christ and you worship things your mind has made up, you're devil worshipping,

I'm ready to get flamed for this post by all the devil worshipers and looked down upon by the unsaved,

But this is Gods will.

Amen.

This is the biggest load of bulls**t you will read on this topic. Ignore this person's post entirely, as it contains only twisted ideas of an insane individual whose "god" is every last bit as evil and vile as any Satanic figure has ever been.

I must say that your view is disgusting beyond belief. Not even most Satanists are so absolutist, and most are far more tolerant of other belief systems than you. Your view spreads hate, division, and weakness far more than any Satanic view. You are corrupt, pompous, and a psychological terrorist. You should be ashamed of yourself for spewing such divisive absolutist nonsense.
edit on 27-4-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

What in the name of Matt Lauer did I just watch?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I was wondering what exactly is the definition of devil worshipping ?
Is it listening to pop music, having a credit-card, having a fancy car ?
Or is it like a ceremony or ritual, where people wearing robes making sacrifices ?

What is your definition of devil worshipping ?

edit on 27-4-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

Devil worshiping is engaging in ego parasitic behaviour. Doing actions that is good for you but hurt someone else or everybody else. Since the goal of capitalism is to win and everybody else loss it is a ego parasitic power pyramidscheme.

These are how my mind see it when i question if something is moral or not. I do not care what people do to each other as long as nobody get hurt by their actions. If it is a symbiotic thing then it is good.
edit on 27-4-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by icepack

Devil worship is anything that's not worshiping God YHWH Christ.

If you worship any god but YHWH, you're devil worshiping.

If you worship money, materials, the world, you're devil worshiping,

If you don't accept Christ and you worship things your mind has made up, you're devil worshipping,

I'm ready to get flamed for this post by all the devil worshipers and looked down upon by the unsaved,

But this is Gods will.

Amen.

Thank you for that message that was totaly filled with Christian duality. Do you wanna think some more and change your answer or is this your final answer you will give god of what your view of him is?
edit on 27-4-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I think its pretty self explanitory. You Worship the devil.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by icepack

No,

Satan and the demons would rather if people didn't believe in them and stay hidden,

The less someone believes in Satan and demons, the more wrapped up satan and the demons are in that persons heart,

Tell me, who is it, what particular crowd that haunts ATS, always talks about Demons and Satan? Who? I believe you belong to that group, don't you? Ever hear the rest of us talking Demons and Satans all the time? Fess up.... who it it promoting Demon and Satan worship, really?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

As a Wiccan, I can directly relate.

do you contact spirits ?

Yes, on occasion, I do. I am in constant contact with 6 mean who have been with me since I was a small child, kind of my protectors, you might say. Even saved my life on two occasions. This is normal behaviour around here, though. We have the Spirit of a little girl living upstairs in out house.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thats pretty wild...

You have any pics?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by lbndhr

Out of curiosity, when people do receive answers or perceived miracles, what is your response to that?

Let us see, second line....coming out of my butt....

Oh, and whether or not they are two sides to the same coin of one another - does it invalidate either belief systems? Why is there only one way? Atheism, Secularism, or Religion? We have more than one mental state. For example, sane, insane, schizo, bi-polar. Another example would be politics. Are you right or left or fall in between picking and choosing what you like and don't like?

Just wondering...

I agree I just shortened my reply, however your elaborating is well written defining a truth.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

reply to post by lbndhr

It is worshipping any idea-figure in history

you think the devil has walked the earth some point in the past like jesus did ?

According to the bible Lucifer did and still is on earth, in genises it tells Lucifer tries to overtake the heavens so he was cast to (drum roll ) earth. So if you are a bible believe person then I suppose that answer would be yes.
Myself, born raised protestant, sometime around 13 years ago I started waking up, and I don't follow any faith, I do believe something higher knowledge-power has everything to do with human experience. I won't know anything until my clock stops ticket.
edit on 27-4-2012 by lbndhr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

This is my opinion- No matter how you look at the information that we are given- Satan was a Arch-Angel of God. Some kind of arguement happened between Satan and Michael and Satan was thrown to the Earth. But the truth is God Created Satan and allows him to do things without intervening. I see no reason for humans to have to go through Death. I see no reason why children would become sick or die. There are things that happen in this world that should not!

I dont know all of the answers! I can say that I think Satan has been blamed for things that he has not done. I think that he was outcasted and just wants to be loved. Most evil things that have happened in our world have been because of human mis-conduct. As far as worship- To each his own! I was raised Christian but I think what I was taught goes allot deeper!
edit on 27-4-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I am not sure what it is but sure seems like Lady GaGa is one of them...... Personally, I don't believe in all that religious mumbo jumbo, but damn...that thing (GaGa) is scary!

I Googled "lady gaga devil worship' and got over 2,000,000 hits.....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by krazykanuk

So since many people think so it must therefore be true? I am not sure why that Lady Gaga thing is "scary".

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by krazykanuk

So since many people think so it must therefore be true? I am not sure why that Lady Gaga thing is "scary".

But she is scary in a way for some people. She pushes open mindness hard and she makes people think. From my point of view her influence is mostly enlightning.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

edit on 28-4-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I guess wether or not one "believes" in God and Satan would be "key" to wether or not you "worship" them. I understand many who have posted here do not believe in either, and for much of my life had felt the same way, it just wasn't "logical" or "rational", but I have to tell you the more I have looked into this subject recently the more I just absolutely can't "de-bunk" God and by extention Satan.

Something is much "bigger" then we understand, and many, many testimonies of people that have gone through near death experiences are convinced that thier "souls" leave thier bodies and go somewhere else, and it seems to be a really good place, or a REALLY bad place, and those that go to the really bad place NEVER want to go back!

I will post a couple of videos I found very interesting, and one of the many reasons I think your best to stay away from Satan and Co. Some very bad people do believe in him, and do with "intent" seek to harm others.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join