It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is devil worshipping ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Parksie

if you are in the darkness without any light, are you more vulnerable to the offers of the devil ?
and how do you get into this darkness in the beginning ?

Imagine a tribal man belting away on a dead animal carcass with a semi sharpened stone, seeing the strange 'ghost' man come along and make fire out of a single crack of thunder, to cook it...

suddenly they have light... Are they now more vulnerable?

You have to know evil thoroughly, in darkness and in light.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

What is your definition of devil worshipping ?

• Devil = "a powerful, supernatural entity that is the personification of evil and the enemy of God and humankind."

• Worship = "an act of religious devotion usually directed towards a deity"

Obviously devil worship is the act of intentionally showing devotion or admiration for a supernatural entity that you believe to be the nemesis of God. It would be something that you need to be intentional in acting out so things like jaywalking, stealing a bracelet from Walmart, or even shooting someone in cold blood wouldn't be considered "devil worshiping". Devil worship wouldn't even necessarily be an act that is considered illegal. You could simply sit in your living room and chant to the devil in admiration of his power.

Worshiping something like fire wouldn't be actual devil worship per se but more along the lines of ignorance of what fire actually was.
    edit on 4/27/2012 by dbates because: (no reason given)

• posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
    link   
    reply to post by icepack

I agree

Like when I read those books it was only because I was messing around with this chick that was into paganism/witchcraft. I used to buy her Pagan Books from the freaky section in the bookstore. I noticed the Satanic Bible when I was buying her a book and was interested,I took it with a grain of salt even back then but they are an interesting read.

But back to the chick,she was just watching too much Charmed or Buffy I think
    Alot of people just jump on a bandwagon or try to be 'different'.
    edit on 27-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:36 AM
    link   
    reply to post by mainidh

You have to know evil thoroughly, in darkness and in light.

wasn't it darkness = evil and light = good ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
    link   
    reply to post by dbates

Worshiping something like fire wouldn't be actual devil worship per se but more along the lines of ignorance of what fire actually was.

what was fire actually ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
    link   

wasn't it darkness = evil and light = good ?

Not literally but those are common attachments to good and evil. Darkness is merely the absence of light where evil is not just the absence of good but work in opposition to good. If darkness were actively seeking to put out light then the comparison would be the same.

The Devil is supposed to be one of the most powerful and beautiful elements of creation and if you were to actually meet him I imagine it would be a dazzling bright experience. The amount of energy/power he possesses would most likely throw off a lot of light.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Germanicus

that's how life can turn out, you find a girl attractive and all over sudden you stand in a group of people with a robe on and play with snakes.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
    link   

what was fire actually ?

The rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light

en.wikipedia.org...

Fire is just a chemical process of nature. I suppose you could worship it but it would be as silly as worshiping the formation of ice from water.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
    link   
    I would say the first clarification is that Satanism is not Devil Worshiping.

I'd define Devil Worshiping as someone who has a religious believe that involves a demi-god style evil antagonist, and worshiping that character instead of the god sanctioned by the religion.

It's impossible to worship a Devil you don't believe in, and for those who don't know, the vast majority of branches of satanism(many ideologies give themselves this name) don't hold such a belief. Nonreligious people, or people with religions that don't have an evil figure, can't be devil worshipers.

For those actual groups of people, mostly christians(Thanks to Satan being such a prominent figure), who somehow have the delusion to join a side that's both evil and guaranteed to lose, that's what qualifies as devil worshiping.

Though many, as if thinking they can argue by equivocation attribute other gods, or the lack of gods, to Satan, and call any non-christian a Devil Worshiper. That's bull. You can't worship satan without believing in Satan(essentially being a dissident christian), and you can't worship any devils at all without believing in some kinds of devils.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:51 AM
    link   
    reply to post by dbates

if you were to actually meet him I imagine it would be a dazzling bright experience.

dazzling bright ? do you think like angel made of light ? sounds like lightbringer, lucifer to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
    link   
    reply to post by icepack

Devil worship is anything that's not worshiping God YHWH Christ.

If you worship any god but YHWH, you're devil worshiping.

If you worship money, materials, the world, you're devil worshiping,

If you don't accept Christ and you worship things your mind has made up, you're devil worshipping,

I'm ready to get flamed for this post by all the devil worshipers and looked down upon by the unsaved,

But this is Gods will.

Amen.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
    link   
    reply to post by icepack

Here you go:
    Church of Satan Official Site
    Satan, or Devil worship, is a mirror image of Christianity. Satanism was founded in 1966 by Anton LaVey. The Rituals are sad to be drawn from the rituals and ceremonies of occultist Aleister Crowley and the philosophies of Friedrich Nietzsche and Ayn Rand.
    Here is the Joy of Satan website.

I have known a few Satanists in my travels, and they are quick to say that they are a lot like the Gay Community, in that they are forced by Society to hide their personal beliefs. As a Wiccan, I can directly relate. Freedom of Religion means All and Any Religion, not just one.
    Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 makes it illegal for any employer to discriminate against an individual on the basis of his/her religion. You are also protected as to landlord/tenant agreements and leases, and service in public places such as restaurants.
    It is important for everyone of us to know the law and your legal rights concerning your personal religious beliefs.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:00 AM
    link   
    reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

and you can't worship any devils at all without believing in some kinds of devils.

aren't personal experiences with these kind of beings necessary to believe ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:02 AM
    link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
    link   
    reply to post by icepack

No,

Satan and the demons would rather if people didn't believe in them and stay hidden,

The less someone believes in Satan and demons, the more wrapped up satan and the demons are in that persons heart,

It doesn't matter what people believe, it matters what's real.

If someone steps out a 8th story window is it gonna matter if they believe in gravity or not?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Iason321

and you worship things your mind has made up

what things do you mean ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
    link   
    reply to post by autowrench

As a Wiccan, I can directly relate.

do you contact spirits ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
    link   

Is it listening to pop music, having a credit-card, having a fancy car ?

edit on 27-4-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

Yes. Yes it is. Devil worshiping at it's most evil. Because on the surface, it's actually not "devil worshiping" at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM
    link   
    Germanicus is right. Anton Levey created The Satanic Bible as a parody of Christianity. It started out as a joke between him and other occult friends. He has admitted this repeatedly in many different interviews. He had no intention of creating a new religion and was surprised by the overwhelming support for him to do so. What could he do? Miss out on the millions? After all, Church doesn't mind the millions filling their coffers. Why should he and his own?

Try checking out some of the ancient grimoires of our heretical Christians. All of Levey, Crowley, and Buckland's concepts originated with them, anyhow. Of course, those rituals of our early heretical Christians also had ancient information to draw upon, and the long chain letter seems to continue. Handed down again and again with new wording and updated correlations.

Of course, if you'd ever read the Satanic Bible, you would know that there is nothing in it about rape or killing. In fact, it was the first effective place I learned how to defend myself against "psychic vampires". Wicca back in those day's was very new and "fluffy bunny". It didn't address the problem adequately. You know, those people who leech the energy right out of you until your soul weary. I'm empathetic and have a very hard time around large crowds of people. Shoot, sometimes all it takes is one person. Drains the energy right out of me. The Satanic Bible taught me my first effective "meditation" to guard against this. Psychic shielding.

Anyhow. I've never met a satanist I didn't like. And man, do they have style!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:45 PM
    link   
    reply to post by icepack

Devil worshipping is exactly the same as Jesus worshipping. It is worshipping any idea-figure in history and lifting it to a devine level then worshipping it while expecting answers and miracles.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join