It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is devil worshipping ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I was wondering what exactly is the definition of devil worshipping ?
Is it listening to pop music, having a credit-card, having a fancy car ?
Or is it like a ceremony or ritual, where people wearing robes making sacrifices ?

What is your definition of devil worshipping ?

edit on 27-4-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Anyone who does not bible :B hurrr durrr

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

but atheists are no devil worshippers, they are just infidels.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You should read some Antone LaVey,he founded the Church of Satan.

I have read 'A Devils Notebook' and 'The Satanic Bible'.

Its not about Satan at all. I really like how the guy thinks and I consider myself a Satanist of sorts.

In essence Satanism is doing what you enjoy and what makes you feel good as long as it doesnt hurt anyone else.

People that think true Satanism is worshiping the 'devil' are misinformed or silly.

en.wikipedia.org...

He was kind of a flim flam man but like I said,he speaks alot of truth.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This right here. This is devil worship.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
We have a tendency to worship whatever we place on a pedestal. Devil worship is no different from God worship. If you place the Devil as a high priority in your life, He is what you will worship so to speak.

If you are talking mechanics, the aforementioned Anton LeVey is as good as any.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

In essence Satanism is doing what you enjoy and what makes you feel good as long as it doesnt hurt anyone else.

are you sure ? i heard the some satanists do ceremonies with blood sacrifices, sometimes even children got killed.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I see it as a form of severe depression. When you are at your lowest and you hate the world a lot, when you are capable of pressing the launch buttons on atomic weapons and the only thoughts that are in your mind are of self destruction and danger to others. When you are in this state of mind, it becomes what religious people love to hate. They love to burn these kind of people on stakes or hang them. It's the spectrum of negative feelings that combine into what people see as a servant of evil.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

are you sure ? i heard the some satanists do ceremonies with blood sacrifices, sometimes even children got killed.

There would be some that claim to be 'satanist' that would be insane freaks. But the Lavey Satanism is pretty much the opposite of the Christian 'Original Sin'. Christianity is all about shame and denying your desires. Satanism is about embracing your desires.

It appealed to me because I grew up Catholic.Not strict Catholic but enough to scare me when I was a kid.

A Lavey Satanist does not believe in God so they dont believe in Satan either because 'Satan' is a Christian creation.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

if you are in the darkness without any light, are you more vulnerable to the offers of the devil ?
and how do you get into this darkness in the beginning ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I was wondering what exactly is the definition of devil worshipping ?
Is it listening to pop music, having a credit-card, having a fancy car ?
Or is it like a ceremony or ritual, where people wearing robes making sacrifices ?

What is your definition of devil worshipping ?

edit on 27-4-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

Depends on who you ask. To many Christians (and similar religions like Islam), "devil worship' can be anything that doesn't comply with their particular decided-upon rules and personal interpretation of whatever version of their holy book they happen to be reading at the time.

In fact, even other denominations of Christians are called "devil worshippers" by the other denominations. You don't have to say "hail Satan" to worship. Apparently, you can be worshipping Satan just by watching Harry Potter.

You would think, by that rationale, that you would also be called a God worshipper if you did something good, like show brotherly love by giving to charity. But no.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

they dont believe in Satan either because its a Christian creation.

i thought, satan was a jewish or babylonian mystical figure.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

You don't just fall into darkness, you create a unique version of your own when negative things are happening around you. When you are trying to see the bright side of things and it just isn't happening you know you are there in the darkness. When you flip out because other (Good) people won't leave you alone they will blame it on the devil because these (Good) people are too good to do anything wrong.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Apparently, you can be worshipping Satan just by watching Harry Potter.

yes, i heard that, too. hollywood, entertainment, video games, all of this is given by the devil.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

they dont believe in Satan either because its a Christian creation.

i thought, satan was a jewish or babylonian mystical figure.

Well I think you can link him to Dagon or Enki or any number of things. The Christains stole stuff from many early religions. They used Pagan stuff and just switched things up.

But a Lavey Satanist does not believe in the Christian version. And they dont buy the Christain version of Satan.

Christianity is so ludicrous when you look into it. Its a relief for a poor kid that was forced to go and make a 'confession' at a young age. I remember my 'First Confession'. I was a nice kid and couldnt think of anything I had done wrong. I ended up making stuff up
Then Im sent out to get on my knee's and do Hail Mary's. Its a horrible thing for a kid. And then there is all the burning in Hell for eternity.

Christianity is about fear and shame. It is also terrible to put a kid through that stuff.

The Church of Satan will set you free

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Apparently, you can be worshipping Satan just by watching Harry Potter.

yes, i heard that, too. hollywood, entertainment, video games, all of this is given by the devil.

Yeah, by those standards, I'm a card-carrying Satanist. I haven't seen Harry Potter yet but my wife and I plan to go through the whole series. This makes it worse since I KNOW it will seal my fate among the ranks of heathens.

Maybe I'll have to give up my Tarot to balance it out, hah!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

But a Lavey Satanist does ...

would you join their ceremonies with naked women and snakes and all that stuff ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I just read some books. I did know some Satanist's that lived in a place I used to live in. Im pretty sure they were just in it to pick up Art Students from Uni
They had a Church and stuff. And hot Art Student groupies.

I do fine without that stuff

Lavey Satanism is a joke religion really. Almost a parody. Its just making fun of 'religion' pretty much.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

This makes it worse since I KNOW it will seal my fate among the ranks of heathens.

same here. i love science fiction movies and rock.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

for a lot of people satanism or even christianity is just a fashionable, fancy, trendy thing to do. like you become a harry potter or star treck freak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join