It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain This Photograph?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
www.google.com...:&imgrefurl=http://milodonymadrono.blogsp ot.com/2012_01_01_archive.html&docid=o9xnAuERI3cHuM&imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VVIuhVlu9XM/TxrP5ejJVzI/AAAAAAAABq0/CqtDtmMEJcw/s1600/museosalama nca.JPG&w=644&h=395&ei=qcaaT-DBA

More info on this photo and website.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

It appears to be a arbor press of some sorts, but it looks ancient too.
Very odd photo indeed.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HBM333

Try clicking the LINK button above where your comment is typed and paste the link there. The links you are trying to add aren't working.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
es.paperblog.com... google image of the photo and not translated.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HBM333

Good find!

Text:

Reproducción de una logia masónica en el Centro Documental de la Memoria Histórica de Salamanca. Una bizarrada que os encantará visitar.

Rough translation:

Reproduction of a Masonic lodge in the Documentation Center of Historical Memory in Salamanca. A bizarrada that I love visiting.

Source (Thanks HBM333!)

The Historical Memory Docmentary Centre (SPAIN) . The Historical Memory Documentary Centre in the city of Salamanca safeguards a valuable collection that can be used by the citizens, directly, by consulting the original documents in the Centre building, or indirectly, by requesting the required information through the Centre's information service. The Centre is also entrusted with copying, conservation, description and promotion tasks, in order to guarantee the permanency of a part of the nation's documentary heritage and offer the citizens the enjoyment of assets that guarantee their rights and the knowledge of the most recent historical past.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRichards
I think the red box on the pillar is an old projector. Maybe it projects a light show onto this obvious display? You can easily tell that the men are not real by the shoulders and the head shape. But it seems like they may use this for ceremony purposes.

I agree it looks like a display, mainly due to the shoulders proportion/shape in the middle figure along with the very fake looking eyes that look like they are on the outside of the hoods and the figure on the right of the pic looks like it has crumpled over a little to the side too.

Also, did anyone notice the compas/square symbol on the lage blackboard on the wall on the left side is upside down? Was this a mistake? Also it is way over the top with the same symbol all over the place and cluttered with no room to move.

Maybe a display in a tourist/historical dungeon or even a night club for all we know, but don't think it is a real masonic lodge.

ha!, by the time I typed out this post and posted it, Druid 42 had just posted a pic explaining it all and showing it is indeed a tourist/historical display.
edit on 27-4-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: edited due to the point I was making was confirmed pictorially before I managed to post what I had typed.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
[sarcasm on]

Who the heck took a picture of my restroom and posted on the web?

Is there no privacy or decency online anymore?

[sarasm off]

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

I just have to know where this picture was taken,

Salamanca, in Spain.

who these men are,

Museum displays.

what they are doing,

Sitting.

and why they are wearing those garbs.

Can't answer the last one.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hahah thank you for that enlightening post lol

All has been answered now.

Haha

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

You will note that the wall hanging behind the hooded figure has a word that is "La," the Spanish word for "The." Also, the start of the next (hidden) word is a typical Spanish word beginning. It could be from Spain, Mexico or a bunch of other countries. I have witnessed in Zacatecas, Mexico, a Catholic church ceremonial parade that was literally frightening with the black-robed participants and general proceedings.

That doesn't answer all of the question of what that display represents. "Display" of what? Is it about some past event or organizaton or is it current?
edit on 27-4-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Whatever it is, I truly believe it would be of better use to humanity if it was reduced to a pile of charred remains, then razed with a Caterpillar toward a natural sinkhole, where it belongs.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by someguy0083
I wonder why the freemansons are so secretive. if they don't want conspiracy theories, why don't they open up and allow the rest of us to join?

all you have to do is ask.
that's all, just ask.

Its not worth asking. There is nothing special about free-masons. I don't need to join a secrete society to learn about life and help my fellow man. In all honesty I think its an absolute joke. I don't know why they deny blood oaths and such either, even if it is only symbolic.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Can you tell me about the statuette behind the left guy'sshoulder?
2nd

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I know this isn't a very great contribution to the thread, but:

The mask reminds me of the KKK masks, only black and a bit more animated.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski

Originally posted by network dude

I wonder why the freemansons are so secretive. if they don't want conspiracy theories, why don't they open up and allow the rest of us to join?

all you have to do is ask.
that's all, just ask.

Its not worth asking. There is nothing special about free-masons. I don't need to join a secrete society to learn about life and help my fellow man. In all honesty I think its an absolute joke. I don't know why they deny blood oaths and such either, even if it is only symbolic.

And thanks to free will, you don't have to.

Wouldn't a blood oath have ........blood involved?

Too many regulations with Blood Borne Pathogens these days. We will leave the blood to the MMA.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FenderWolf

The orgies, man, they don't want us in their orgies.

Bingo.

And yes, this indeed looks like a real Masonic lodge. Latin America, and south America have a strong Masonic community... There's minor differences in some of the lodge regalia, but overall, it's all pretty normal.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
OK. its a pic of a six year old boy, goofing around with dad at work in an illegal gambling hall hidden in back of a Tavern & restaurant in Santa' Fe" New Mexico around 1995 or 6, he's now twenty three years old, his dad lost the job a few weeks later & got fired from the Janitorial Co. he worked for, over accusations of theft that was never proven.The dad passed away in January, the boy works at a Subaru dealership in Fresno Cal. its cute & funny! also the deco is very Masonic indeed, but completely harmless.
cool pic. keep coming back ! ! thx.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DUBACK
OK. its a pic of a six year old boy, goofing around with dad at work in an illegal gambling hall hidden in back of a Tavern & restaurant in Santa' Fe" New Mexico around 1995 or 6, he's now twenty three years old, his dad lost the job a few weeks later & got fired from the Janitorial Co. he worked for, over accusations of theft that was never proven.The dad passed away in January, the boy works at a Subaru dealership in Fresno Cal. its cute & funny! also the deco is very Masonic indeed, but completely harmless.
cool pic. keep coming back ! ! thx.

I live near Fresno. Time to go on some Illuminati huntin'!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Skepticesque

Haha head down Bullard into Clovis. You'll find the Clovis lodge.

Head down Clinton toward first street and you'll find my mother lodge, las palmas ponderosa.

Unfortunately you won't find any illuminati anythings..... Just us masons.

Oh yeah, the Scottish Rite temple is off stanislaus st, down town.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
that looks to me like some kind of museum exhibit - perhaps a masonic museum (?). some creepy symbolic overkill in one space for sure.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join