It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain This Photograph?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
mason photobombing ?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I believe this is a Spanish or Portuguese Lodge possibly "Ordero Templi Orientus" The masks look photo-shopped and the figures may be mannequins. I think most Western Lodges have the alter centered. There seems to be no lettering for Ancient and Accepted and the assumed Worshipful Master has a Phoenix Symbol as a Jewel. It is definitely not a regular lodge.

Good luck!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

centauro996.wordpress.com... This is the Link for the Lodge the photo is taken in. The lodge is under the Jurisdiction of the Northern Pacific Grand Lodge in Mexico. This is Ordero Templi Orientus and European in background and I believe in initiates both male and female.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ok, once and for all:
FE = faith
ESPERANZA = hope
ALDOGADU = I'm not sure about the ALDO part, but GADU is the contraction for "Grande Arquiteto Del Universo" which means "Great Architect Of Universe"
The overkill of symbols is a little bit odd because each and every of these symbols are specific for the day's rite and special ceremonys
The skull and bones are a representation of the "death of the old man", used in initiation rites to symbolize the death of your "old self" and if you pay close attention you'll see the hammer over the skull, which is used to simbologically "kill" your old self.
The hoods with "blank eyes" is used for a judgement ceremony, where the ones judging should "not show any feelings" to be 100% impartial.
Some other things a non freemason would perhaps not notice: The pillars got names and symbols, note in the right of the picture, the first pillar says "Enero", which means "january" and a goat over it which is the symbol for the astrological sign "Aries"(don't know if in english it is different, but its the sign of those born in january)
The broken tool in the middle is a sort of press(don't know the name in english, but its a tool used when you glue pieces of wood togheter and press them till the glue dries), it represents the knowledge and union of the lodge that will "stick the members togheter, like in a pact
There are also statues of greek divinities, which I never saw in any lodge whatsoever.
The red and black box in the center I got no clue what it is doing there, looks like "the widows box" used to make donations for charity purposes, but I'm not sure;

I hope I could help...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The 3 mask look fake unless they have those kind of eyes?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
reply to post by charlyv

I don't know whether it is a thumb-screw or a vise, but I do know that it is mis-placed...it doesn't belong there at all because it is not a Masonic working tool.

What you are calling an Altar is actually the station of the Worshipful Master.

In most Continental Lodges the Altar is placed where this is sitting.
edit on 27-4-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

I recognise that, it’s a fly press….have no idea what its supposed to symbolise though

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
reply to post by QueenofWeird

It's down the hall second door on the right, turn the light out when your done

What light? I want him in the pitch dark.....

Anyways, in my first post on this thread I wrote that I think that Masonry is a modern version of a mystery cult, notably the Mithras one. Any ideas on that?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gsmcconnell

its not portuguese, hope in portuguese is "esperança"

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join