It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain This Photograph?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ok, so what is the statue? Either a guy with boobs or a woman with a small cup B. Furthermore above the timpanon there is gilded starry thing with strange letters. What is it?

You know, I still have no clue what Free Masons are about but I think that they are connected to the mystery cults of Greek and Roman times, particulary the Mithras one. Mystery cults originally where about fertility but evolved into becoming one with the deity after death.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrils r cool

You are mistaken, the regalia and furnishings are Freemasonic according to the traditions of Continental Europe.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I am also going to assume this picture is a fake as well.

But, I spoke with a mason before and he explained something to me. If he were to try and explain the ritual of a marriage ceremony to a 4 year old, he probably wouldn't be able to comprehend because he is clueless and not a part of the ceremony himself. Same goes for Freemasons. We are neither educated or a part of their rituals so we cannot understand them.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

It's a Dominican Masonic Lodge that is used as a "Blue Lodge", "Scottish Rite" and "York Rite" initiation temple. Hoods are very common in Euro and Strict Observance lodges, as well as some US lodges. If your not a Mason, then how would you know if hoods are used or not.

A.L.G.D.G.A.D.U = the first letters of each word of a phrase used in the Scottish Rite which refers to the Grand Architect of the Universe ie. G.A.D.U, albeit this particular one in question would be in Spanish.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cthulhu93

It is actually in Spain but otherwise your post is correct. Welcome to ATS! Cthulhu f'tagn!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

The only statue I can ID is Hercules. Statues aren't present in a Lodge but can be found outside in the foyer. The strange characters are Tetragrammaton.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
reply to post by cthulhu93

It is actually in Spain but otherwise your post is correct. Welcome to ATS! Cthulhu f'tagn!

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Thank you for the welcome.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am a Past Worshipful Master of a lodge, but I have never seen one like this, not even of a Grand Lodge of a State. Either this Lodge is a usual decor of Spanish Lodges, or this one is very odd. I've not seen Skulls used as any decoration or props at any American Lodge I've been to. It might be their version of a Grand Lodge, they are much more formal than regular lodges. Its also possible this is staged, and not a real lodge in session, but I don't know why someone would do that. So, very odd indeed. Maybe a Spanish Mason can shed light on this for us. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The eyes are a result of the reflection of eyeglasses. The little nerd is no threat to anyone over 12 years of age. If you somehow fear this panty waste there is no hope for you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Did the OP state how he got this pic? I will have to re-read and see.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It looks like it is a lodge in Spain from when Franco ran the country.

See this link: Freemason Discussion Group

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TurtleS

Oh so a mason told you something and now you are wiser for it? lol!
The only masons that openly speak about their craft are the ones that know nothing!
The ones who know anything of importance dont speak a word of it, and for the ATS members with masonic affiliation, this is your purpose!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whenandwhere
reply to post by swan001

I will admit that I am not on top of all foreign Grand Lodges be them regular or irregular , I more or less worry about my own Grand Lodge and those here in the US .But as stated above , after a search of the acronym I found that it is the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of the Republic of Venezuela
edit on 27-4-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

I agree with your comment, while also searching those letters I found this

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaeus
Okay, this is going to be a minimal post, so I apologize in advance.

So, I was browsing an image board the other day when I came across this image:

Okay, so right of the bat there it is obvious that this is some sort of Masonic lodge. I have seen photos of Masonic lodges and I have even been inside a few, but none have looked like this. This looks like a makeshift lodge or something. Also, I have never known Masons to wear hooded garbs such as the ones seen in this photo.

I conducted a reverse image search on this photo and came up with one hit only.

My question is: does anyone know where this photo could have originated?
Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Use Google Translator. There is some really heady stuff at that site and that's just from a quick scan. I'm going back there to peruse a little more deeply.
edit on 28-4-2012 by starrmtn001 because: Posted in wrong place.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Whatever dude, I guess it's better than being called liars. What the Masons here are sharing with ATS is what we are permitted to explain, but think about what you are saying for a moment. You think that we are talking because we don't know the truth that I assume you think only the hierarchy knows...but somehow you, a non Mason, are aware of?
edit on 28-4-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
reply to post by lestweforget

You think that we are talking because we don't know the truth that I assume you think only the hierarchy knows...but somehow you, a non Mason, are aware of?

Welcome to Secret Society Thread paradox. Those in-the-know aren't, those outside the particular group are. It'd be tantamount to me presuming to talk smack about the Knights of Columbus and gainsaying an actual K of C member even though I'm Anglican and not a member in way.

In the real world, I believe that's referred to as hubris.

Fitz

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by TurtleS

Oh so a mason told you something and now you are wiser for it? lol!
The only masons that openly speak about their craft are the ones that know nothing!
The ones who know anything of importance dont speak a word of it, and for the ATS members with masonic affiliation, this is your purpose!

You are correct. 100%. No doubt.

But then again, when we were curious enough to want to know the truth we became members to do exactly that. You are still sitting on your hands thinking that You Tube has provided all the truth you need. Excuse me while I say.....BWahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
When I WAS A Mason... I found that I had to fight for it all. Then when I did, I found that there was nothing in it for me save more fighting. So... I stop being one. Fighting gets you in more trouble than you know.
Especially when you're all alone in those fights. Tis not bravery. Tis a death sentence.
in all my fights I've come this close to dying (For WHAT?!?) --->

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
sorry ask this here but I cant creat topic yet, but I have this question.
I have noticed that some members like Network dude, no1smootha, and Sauron are masons, or freemasons, and my question is, are all masons or freemasons bad, that just want to rule the world?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CowabungaPT

Welcome to the secret societies forum! That's the root of pretty much every theory in here. I recommend flipping through the SS pages. You'll find the answers, and probably some more questions.

IMO, no we aren't evil, and no we don't rule the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join