It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain This Photograph?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

Its for voting in new candidates, white ball / black ball...very common in Masonic lodges...

Sniper

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
From the symbolism overkill to the awkward way in which everybody's sitting, and the lame hooded masks, I reckon this is a wax museum of some sort in a Spanish speaking country. ^_^

There you go!
edit on 27-4-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
A.L.G.D.G.A.D.U.
That's written on top of the central guy. I'm reasearching it now...

Got it! Check out that link.

dir.groups.yahoo.com...
edit on 27-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

using Google Translate this is what that text says

"Electronic Forum of the Civil Guard and American Baby Worshipful Lodge No.2, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, under the auspices of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of the Dominican Republic. Group created exclusively for Masons East regular national (or linked to this), preferably Spanish speakers, who are in constant search for truth among his brethren, as formalized as the topics for this group are Masonic or other issues concerning the search of light."

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pillock

Actually, Google translated it wrong. A spanish student corrected the translation: ''baby'' is not supposed to be there. See the posts that followed.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What's up with the skull and bones? Are these Masons pirates too?

Originally posted by FenderWolf
OH MY GOD!!!

I found it! Here is a thread from 2004

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Spanish? Illuminati??

Lulz..., the 2nd poster in that thread is banned. Check out his personal title

Ashlar
israel must fall
Matt 25:27- His Blood Be on Us

edit on 27-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

The mask in the center is the Hoodwink and worn by the Masonic Entered Apprentice (1st) Degree preparing for initiation. Its all part of the ritual of becoming a Mason.

THE HOODWINK

The symbolism of the hoodwink is twofold: First, it emphasizes the veil of secrecy and silence
surrounding the mysteries of Freemasonry; second, it represents the mystical darkness, or
ignorance, of the uninitiated. It is removed at the appropriate time, that is, when the candidate is
in the proper state to receive Light.

PREPARATION FOR INITIATION

If a man senses the stirrings in his heart for a deeper understanding of life than that he has
heretofore found, he will seek until he finds the fraternity. This longing of the heart is the
beginning of his initiation, which is why each candidate who comes seeking Light is said to be
first prepared in his heart. While Freemasonry is not a religion, its rites are of a serious nature,
dignified in their presentation, and which impart teachings that, if properly understood, obligate
a man to lead a better life. To get the greatest good from the rites, a candidate should prepare his
mind and heart to understand and absorb the teachings of Masonry. The candidate should pay
close attention to every part of the ritual. The forms of the rituals may be new and unusual to the
candidate, but such forms have always been part of the initiation traditions of the world.

ENTERING THE LODGE

As an Entered Apprentice takes his first step into the lodge room, he enters into a new world: the
world of Masonry. He leaves the darkness, destitution, and helplessness of the world for the light
and warmth of this new existence. It is not an idle formality, but a genuine experience, the
beginning of a new life in which duties, rights, and privileges are real. Entrance into the lodge is
symbolic of the movement from the outer to the inner, from the world of material senses into the
world of his true self.

If a candidate is not to be an Apprentice in name only, he must stand ready to do the work upon
his own nature that will make him a different man. Freemasonry offers no privileges or rewards
except to those who earn them; it places working tools, not playthings, in the hands of its
members. To become a Mason is a solemn and serious undertaking. Once the step is taken, it will
change the course of a man’s life for the better.

I hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
What's up with the skull and bones? Are these Masons pirates too?

Originally posted by FenderWolf
OH MY GOD!!!

I found it! Here is a thread from 2004

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Spanish? Illuminati??

Lulz..., the 2nd poster in that thread is banned. Check out his personal title

Ashlar
israel must fall
Matt 25:27- His Blood Be on Us

edit on 27-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

In some of the Masonic rites from older days, over a century and a half ago, certain rites swore to protect the secrets of pirates and thieves.

These parts of ritual were later excluded because they no longer applied, but I would imagine, even in certain countries today where masons are hunted and persecuted, they still apply. How could they not? Enemies of freedom and liberty be damned.

Interestingly, at a very recent meeting of Masons I attended there was a suggestion proposed before an open lodge of masons..... ( officially I'm not allowed to discuss such things, but you guys will like this).

A motion was made in a lodge of masons, that we make ' Deny Ignorance ' an unnoficial creed.... Because masonry has been the topic of discussion amongst a lot of peeps lately.... Just today I was accused of being in the illuminati, by my neighbor! Couldn't believe it..... Any way....

Thought ATS would enjoy hearing about that. I was the only member to mention that deny ignorance was the mission of ATS but it was widely encouraged. Masons in this district take denying ignorance seriously enough to talk about it at a stated meeting.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

edit on 28-4-2012 by blochsteve74 because: decided not to comment after consideration

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It was helpful for me tonight to read the FREEMASONARY Wiki.

I'd hope that other members (who aren't already Freemasons) read it too. It's very helpful to remove the ignorance being displayed in this thread.

I now have a less mysterious view of the Masons, thanks to the wiki and the comments provided by other members. Members with the Mason symbol as their avatar are very helpful in explaining what they believe, and I'll give them kudos for that.

(Off-topic: Another member questioned the link between the Illuminati, the Masons, and the KKK. I will have to do research on this, and I find myself fascinated by the whole "secret society" thing. I'll post my research in another thread.)

From what I've read, Masonry has been around since about 1723. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's a fairly modern non-religion. It's a brotherhood. A social group, in which they don't talk about "politics" or "religion." Such talk is forbidden in lodges. Crap. They say they talk about philosophy. How the heck can you talk about philosophy with including religion in the discussion? What do they talk about? Every current event except the upcoming election? How could you talk about the economy, for example, without bringing up politics.

I'll assume they are just a group that meets, pays their fees (tithe), and talk about whatever. Otherwise, I am forced to conclude that they are planning a world takeover, in the works for years.

There are about 6 million Masons worldwide (fact check very welcome), an elite group if you consider there are 6.7 billion people on this planet. Their beliefs, founded upon ancient traditions, are so twisted and convoluted that I cannot find myself wanting to be a part of such.

Their philosophy is to make a few people better, with all sorts of confusing symbolisms.

Ok, I'm not being fair. I'll end the rant.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

Looks like a lodge is just showing off their collection. I see some original Civil War period stuff etc...
edit on 28-4-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Crazy looking photo.

I met a Mason the other day.

He had a fat gold ring with the Mason symbol.

I asked him straight up if they had rituals.

He said " Meh.. We do stuff, but its really traditonal things.

I asked him, if they were the type of secret society that controls things.

He was like, "No No No, we let anyone in our club, its not even secret, we accept everybody, Blacks, Jews, Mexicans... anybody. We dont hide stuff."

He then said, "Why would I lie?" Then he said that I was welcome to come down to their lodge and join up if I wanted to.

But THAT photo is creepy.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I challenged the assertions of that poster and was never responded to. There is no evidence of freemasonry and the kkk having anything to do with each other.. At all, ever. The suspicions and conspiracies revolving around Albert Pike are false, and provably so.

Aside from that, brotherly love, relief and truth doesn't really line up with the bigotry the kkk spreads. It's a non match.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This is a Free Masonry Lodge. Please note that all Lodges have their own little "quirks". Not one lodge is the same , well , most of the time.

Lodges in America , Britain , Latin America , and the Middle East all have differences , though they teach relatively the same message.

This is nothing special. Looks like they are preparing for a Ritual , though I cant really tell which one as they are not holding certain positions , actually their positioning looks awkward like I don't know ... not a live person.

In short , this is a Free Mason lodge.
edit on 28-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Exactly what I thought.
Looks like a mock up complete with fake hooded men/women and fake candles!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Awww they look like they're having fun!

I think they are having a good time, and I am sure they are just gleaming underneath those masks

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I'm quite sure this image would be most telling to finding the era of the world. At first I thought Spain because of the decor, but with skull and bones I would even think mexico.

It's obvious that the site is a conspiracy site.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

Masonic lodge. Since a non-member is present, or the picture is taken and could be revealed to non-members, those present will cover themselves. Secrecy prevails.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If this group is for real and exists in spain I wonder if they have branches in portugal if so maybe the police should ask them if they know what happened to Madeleine McCann. Only joking (or am I ?).

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I think the OP's Photo may be an attempt to reproduce the look of what is actually seen in the real
museum,as there seem to be many differences.
In fact... there does not seem to be the same amount of space around or near the alter area.

Can someone side by side the two pics ??

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar666

This question sounds like it could make a very Interesting thread.
Maybe someone will give it a try.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join