It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain This Photograph?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
reply to post by Druid42

Ask away, I wouldn't know where to begin. Anything specific You see that you want to know about?

Wow, is that an open offer? Can I ask your position/status in the Masonic Ways? I also thought you guys weren't supposed to share the secrets.....

Uhm, to start, I noticed the black columns against the walls have the months in Spanish above them, (to the right) Enero, Febrero, etc. Why do you list the months of the years on the pillars? Is that a standard feature for every lodge?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Looks like some sort of Illumanati convention about to happen. Probably about to discuss a treaty with the Reptilians to save themselves while the rest of humanity is to be enslaved

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

There are some secrets I can't share but I am free to tell you that I am 31 degree about to receive my 32 and I serve as the Secretary of my Lodge.

The 12 columns of the east and west in the Continental tradition represent the zodiac, hence the month name and images of the zodiac at the top.
edit on 27-4-2012 by no1smootha because: Spelling

edit on 27-4-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmertSpionam1
reply to post by FenderWolf

If you want to join, put your hand in the box.

The box is a ballot box. White balls (or black if you're voting down an applicant) go in. This was pointed out pages ago. FFS, does nobody actually read a new thread before launching-in with idle speculation?

Fitz

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I assume you'll claim they went in and roughed everything up to make it look older?

Not at all. I'll assume the OP's photo was shot near the end of the month, and it was dusty as heck. A little furniture polish and everything is sparkling new again. I'll also assume they clean the museum displays something on the order of once a month, but I'm not a curator in a Spanish museum. I can only speculate on their cleaning schedule, and only offer my guess in the difference in clarity.

However, you won't get me to say it's been 'shopped!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

That was a good catch!
those are some loooong skulls in the railing...one would figure, you'd either use 2D skulls(so they would'nt protrude too far into any potential walkways) or simply human skulls.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Druid42

There are some secrets I can't share but I am free toethel you that I am 31 degree about to receive my 32 and I serve as the Secretary of my Lodge.

The 12 columns of the east and west in the Continental tradition repress the zodiac, hence the month name and images of the zodiac at the top.

Why are you really afraid your going to have your tongue ripped out or your thumb pulled out. They do some crazy rituals don't they?
:

link   
reply to post by Brenidi14

No, that isn't what is represented at all. The figure standing is TGAOTU and the kneeling figure is taking a hammer and chisel to the rough Ashlar.

link   
reply to post by Druid42

Not at all. I'll assume the OP's photo was shot near the end of the month, and it was dusty as heck.

Errr... did you even look at the picture I posted? That is not dust. The cloth hanging on the right clearly shows that the golden trimming is terribly worn. A little bit polish is not going to fix that. Please try to provide rational arguments if you're going to reply at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

No, because I respect the privacy of my Fraternity. Plenty of former Masons have published exposes and have kept their tongues and guts but they have lost the respect and trust of their Brethren.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

I understand that there are "mysteries" to your religion/way of life. I in no way am asking you to share them. That said......

I also noticed the animal pictures about. January looked like a unicorn, February, a bull. Does the Masonic Zodiac correlate to the more conventional Zodiacs? Are they based upon the same ancient system? Is it a requirement to study astrology and astronomy, or just the former?

Sorry, I have a bunch of questions. I understand if you have more pressing needs, but I am finding your answers to be very informative.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

reply to post by shamaniski

No, because I respect the privacy of my Fraternity. Plenty of former Masons have published exposes and have kept their tongues and guts but they have lost the respect and trust of their Brethren.

THE MURDER OF CAPTAIN WILLIAM MORGAN

The Masonic Order is normally seen as a fraternal organization that runs hospitals and “lodge” meetings, which sounds pretty boring to most ADD people in today's world -- just a lot of sitting around and talking.

However, in 1826, a man named Captain William Morgan attempted to publish the exact details of the first three degrees of Freemasonry for the general public.

Morgan’s book was entitled Illustrations of Masonry by one of the Fraternity Who has devoted Thirty Years to the Subject. It was finally released in 1827 in Batavia, New York on an independent label.

Freemasons are taught that anyone who reveals the secrets of the Order will be brutally murdered. Morgan was indeed kidnapped and killed by fellow Masons – despite having a wife and two children.

45,000 MASONS ABANDONED THE ORDER

The murder of William Morgan became a very public scandal -- and ultimately led to over 45,000 out of 50,000 total Masons in the United States “disfellowshipping” and leaving the Order.

Over two thousand lodges completely shut down – including virtually every lodge in the Northern states – within less than a decade.

This is an incredibly important moment in American history. It all happened roughly 180 years ago. I never heard a word about it in the Rockefeller-financed American public educational system.

Batavia, New York erected the William Morgan Pillar in his honor on September 13, 1882, as you see here.

A huge political movement called the Anti-Masonic Party was formed soon after Morgan's death. A variety of high-level meetings occurred at the state government level to address the problem – and hopefully eliminate it.

Remember that in those days, under the Constitution, the states carried most of the political power. Therefore, a meeting in the assembly hall of the state capitol of New York was extremely significant.

FINANCIAL TYRANNY: Defeating the Greatest Cover-Up of All Time - Section Two: The History

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

Obvious scaling issues. (Candle size/:/Person size/:/Railing material thickness) Candles aren't real.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Good catch! No, it should be the standard zodiac, the animal (goat) for January is correct but someone misplaced Taurus and who knows what others. Lends credence to the idea that Masons aren't the curators.

BTW Freemasonry isn't a religion.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So what are you getting at? Please clarify what you want as an explanation. There are similarities between the pictures, enough to convince me they are from the same location, especially if you factor in that it is a museum, and probably goes through different periods of maintenance/revisions. There's no time stamps to deal with, so possibly the OP's pic was from years and years ago, (the OP found it on a picture forum, no way to tell) and the wall hanging had deteriorated, so was sent out for repairs. I'm speculating. I'm sure the tourists that visit the museum take lot's of pictures, and from the few we've found on the interwebs, I'm sure that not all of them are going to be exact.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

There's no time stamps to deal with, so possibly the OP's pic was from years and years ago, (the OP found it on a picture forum, no way to tell) and the wall hanging had deteriorated, so was sent out for repairs.

That is quite possible and certainly a more rational explanation. However, the aged appearance makes it look much more genuine and spooky, so I can't see why they would want to ruin that look by making everything look brand new again. I am still of the opinion these pictures show two different places.

edit: furthermore, I highly doubt that the trimming would fade away so significantly merely by sitting in a museum display. We know that both these pictures had to be taken after digital color cameras were invented and that is no where near enough time for such a large difference imo.
edit on 27-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Druid42

There are some secrets I can't share but I am free to tell you that I am 31 degree about to receive my 32 and I serve as the Secretary of my Lodge.

I would like to ask you a question. I just read this:

There is no degree in Freemasonry higher than that of Master Mason, the Third Degree.[20] There are, however, a number of organisations that require being a Master Mason as a prerequisite for membership

What are these organizations? If the 3rd degree is the highest, how are you about to be a 32 degree?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Whether Capt Morgan paid for his treachery with his life or absconded to Canada, who knows but I don't see how it's relevant to Freemasonry in the modern era.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

T.G.A.O.T.U. (The Great Architect Of The Universe)

Now imagine me standing in lodge with my head bowed in prayer between Brother Mohammed Bokhary and Brother Arjun Melwani. To neither of them is the Great Architect of the Universe perceived as the Holy Trinity. To Brother Bokhary He has been revealed as Allah; to Brother Melwani He is probably perceived as Vishnu. Since I believe that there is only one God, I am confronted with three possibilities:

They are praying to the devil whilst I am praying to God;
They are praying to nothing, as their Gods do not exist;
They are praying to the same God as I, yet their understanding of His nature is partly incomplete (as indeed is mine — 1 Cor 13:12)

It is without hesitation that I accept the third possibility..

Thanks for that clarification!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join