It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analyse and paralyse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
A recent study reveals that if people think too deeply about religious belief then disbelief increases.

"The study, which is published in the April 27 issue of Science, finds that thinking analytically increases disbelief among believers and skeptics alike, shedding important new light on the psychology of religious belief."

www.sciencedaily.com...

In some circles this is known as "analyse and paralyse". It is why "thinkers" may have problems in believing in a "higher power".

Perhaps sometimes it is better not to ask too many questions in order to have a spiritual instead of an emotional life?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

That study is flawed,

I think about God, I research God, I pray to God, and I read Gods word, for a minimum of 12 hours a day, every day, and then I sleep and dream about God,

God is literally on my mind 24/7, and I think constantly, I research things more than anybody else I know,

So.....yeah.....your study isn't correct

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

There is another thread on this .. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Yeah..that's it...the man has spoken. Study is flawed obviously, because he prays to god everyday.

The study shows that you have to be a bit of a "non-thinker" to believe it.

As for the OP' question, I would say that thinking "too much" about it has gotten me ever so close to true spirituality. Without it, you are stuck in surface dogma and superstition.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Well yeah, because fundamentally it is an illogical situation. Everything has existed forever. There is no single beginning. Our big bang, could have been one in an endless looping from a singularity until all matter is once again draw into a point of existence.

So 'thinkers' hit a bit of a wall while pondering the problem ad infinitum, while 'believers' simply go "Oh, this is all rather too hard. I think I'll believe in God, if it's all the same to you."

And the more we evolve technologically, needing less faith while seeking knowledge, some people continue to set the highest bar to god.

*Raw Meat* .. Ugg good Spirit.
*lightening* .. OOH Hot, Fire, Great Spirits!
*fermentation* .. Oh great heavens above! Fire water!
*gun powder* .. With God on our side...
*quantum physics*.. Damn you, God Particle..
*big bang* .. oh I give up now, you win, God...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

There is another thread on this .. www.abovetopsecret.com...

As stated above, please use the original thread to continue the discussion. Thread closed.

top topics

join