It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Series of explosions hits Ukrainian city of Dnepropetrovsk ahead of Euro 2012, 27 injured.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Series of explosions hits Ukrainian city of Dnepropetrovsk, at least 14 wounded

rt.com

Four explosions have shaken the Ukrainian city Dnepropetrovsk injuring over a dozen people. The blasts struck in series at various locations in the city center. Local authorities have launched a terrorist investigation into the incident.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27-4-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Maybe not huge in its self but when you consider the second biggest footballing competition in the world will be starting here in a month, well you get the point.

Someones making a pretty big statement. Is this a precursor of what to expect at the Olympics.

False flag activities maybe. Whoever takes responsibility is going to have a lot of attention placed on them.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Bet ya can't say Dnepropetrovsk five times fast.

Thanks for the link, I'm going to keep an eye on this. I think this could be a dry run for an event during the Olympics.

EDIT: Honestly, this could go in Breaking News, it's actually real. Seems like the bombs were planted around transportation... 7/7 & Madrid, anyone?
edit on 27-4-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Dnepropetrovsk is within 300km of 2 of the stadiums to be used at the Euro 2012 competition and was an original candidate that got dropped in 2009.

Due to its proximity to the venues a lot of people will be using this area and airport during the competition.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Good point on where this topic should be. A question. Why isnt breaking news forum in the "News" category. Instead its at the bottom of the forums page under "Off-Topic".

Please move if required.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Well that didn't take long. Authorities have already labelled attack as terrorist motivated. Don't suppose you could say otherwise.

Wonder what terrorists will claim this one.

Got friends going out for comp. Hope they will be safe.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch
Good point on where this topic should be. A question. Why isnt breaking news forum in the "News" category. Instead its at the bottom of the forums page under "Off-Topic".

Please move if required.

I wish I had a good answer. If anything, the "Alternative News" should go there.

CNN has nothing up on this yet. Strange...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I just read the article......27 wounded now.

It's sad this is one thing we all have in common. Terrorists.

Dirty rotting #ing cowards. I hope they find the people responsible and hand them over to the victims' families.
They won't but they should!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Crap. Just checked schedule and my mates will be at Donetsk for 2 games during the competition. 200km from this area. Just texted them to see where they are staying and travelling from.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Who wants to bet that this is just a small precursor to what will happen at the Olympics?
One thing is sure in my mind. The 2012 Olympics will be a very special event and I don't mean that in the good way. The world is very unstable at the moment... It won't take much to destabilize it to a point where society collapses. One little dirty bomb or nuclear device and that's that.

IT--
edit on 27-4-2012 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
unexpected!!

could be any group trying to get attention to their cause

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I turned down work in london during Olympics (quite a lot of money). Cant stand the place and was there during 7/7 so rather than be a paranoid wreck for a month I thought, you know what, its not worth it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
On the london thing. Reports of hostage situation on #tottenhamcourtroad.

As I said. Cant stand the place.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I would advise to anyone not to attend the 2012 olympics because they are going to be used to start WW3. and Unless you like radiation, your nail and hair falling, dont go there.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
All mobiles cut off in Dnepropetrovsk to prevent further device activation. Internet messages reporting up to 10 explosions (this seems unlikely though). Area has not been linked to any previous attacks. Devices classified as homemade. 9 children amongst injured, some seriously.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I've got a friend in Kiev and hope to hear more on this soon. I expect that he's rather busy at the moment.... I'll share whatever I hear.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
over 30 injured..interesting

Dnepropetrovsk has nothing to do with anything if you get my drift

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch
All mobiles cut off in Dnepropetrovsk to prevent further device activation. Internet messages reporting up to 10 explosions (this seems unlikely though). Area has not been linked to any previous attacks. Devices classified as homemade. 9 children amongst injured, some seriously.

How can they tell if the devices are homemade this fast?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalk
I would advise to anyone not to attend the 2012 olympics because they are going to be used to start WW3. and Unless you like radiation, your nail and hair falling, dont go there.

Ok... dont make the paranoid even more paranoid.... this is a silly comment to make....

i have seen no visions of this in my pre-cog state of mind so it wont happen.... what i have seen though is a big earthquake event happening in a deserted place somewhere like Arizona!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by QQXXw

Considering that the devices were placed in trash cans in close proximity to injured persons it would be safe to assume the devices are low yield due to explosion characteristics (ie number of injuries). Also shrapnel type would be a good indication.

This would be a priority as detonation type of devices would be something the police would want to know asap.

PS this is potentially more worrying that they are homemade. They have no idea how many have been made, these devices also were dropped in trash cans so are not to big. Suggests some level of sophistication.
edit on 27-4-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join