It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veneration of the pagan sun god in the beast's mark vs God's mark and seal : powerful video sermon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

First of all Satan does not ask for worship. According to your "story" (bible), Satan rebelled for the virtue of FREEDOM he was AGAINST slavery and worship.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

science is doing that logical linear reasoning for us...

surely the majority of scientific thinkers are not lefties

since when do they have a say in this metaphorical stuff anyway?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hmmm....can I be bothered spending probably one day gathering together information of history to show you the world of reality....to completely unveil to you the Satanic empire being built upon this earth right underneath your nose.....to show you all the human groups and organizations doing it .....to put together a comprehensive enough post that will alter your perception on this...to open your eyes to the world of Human sex trafficking, designed financial collapse to create debt slavery, staged false flag attacks to bring people into wars and revolutions, the major media heads being complicit in covering up the facts of the real news from you, the world of kidnapped children for satanic ritual sex and human sacrifice rituals (on the 8 high pagan holidays each year), the agency of Satan that was fully in control throughout the 1000+ odd years of the dark ages when millions of people were burned at the stake and tortured to death just for wanting to have a bible they could read in their own language. When you find out things like how World War 1 and 2 were in fact planned in 1871 by these secretive human organizations representing the building of Satan's kingdom then you might just recognize what kind of 'freedom' Satan's character truly shows.

Can I be bothered to send you on a fact finding mission that will probably take 50-100+ hours or more of your time when you clearly can't even read the posts of the exchanges between Autowrench and I where some of this history is laid out to show just what Satan's character was like during his rebellion and also just how much truth there is to the 'stories' in the Bible.

If you are actually interested in LEARNING SOMETHING I would suggest you go back and read the posts I have made to autowrench, particularly my most recent 3 part post to him on this thread. I won't let you die wondering though so I will start you off with a couple information sources to follow up on:

Revolutions, Tyrants and Wars 1:28hr documentary of history you are 'Blissfully' unaware of

United Nations and the Occult Agenda 1:31hr

The free book to read online on the Jesuit activity in America over the past 200 odd years called, 'The Secret Terrorists by Bill Hughes

If you can get through those and still wanting to learn more then comeback, I have plenty to share but I don't want to waste my time posting lengthy responses (which usually take me hours upon hours to compile) to people who can't be bothered to read them or are not actually in the search for truth, that they just want to remain in their 'happiness' and not have their comfortable belief-system shaken up. The information I will present to you is straight history and it speaks for itself....most of this history is very suppressed though....if you want to base your entire belief system on inaccurate history or based on entire aspects of society you have no idea about then it is up to you. From my perspective though, such a position is the most dangerous thing.
edit on 5-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

In order to hold onto your current beliefs Lonewolf as they are this is the kind of convoluted logic you must maintain:
- We can not understand the mind of God even when he wants us to deeply (why did he gives us the Bible to read and what is the point of prayer) when he gives us his sternest warnings (that is your basic response when I clearly outline God's mark and seal, and the beast mark your post

- That Jesus actually transgressed the Divine Law, committed a sin by not keeping the sabbath, nullified the terms of the new covenant where He was to keep the 10 commandments, failed to fulfill countless prophecies because of this then of being a spotless lamb that he would fulfill the law ect ect. In the end you are saying Jesus dying on the cross was not so that our sin could be bloated out because he was a sinner himself. Hmmm, does this sound like the gospel to you?

- You need to erase verses Isaiah 56:6,7 and Isaiah 58:13,14 out of existence

- You have to have some kind of strange understanding of what it is to accept the Holy Spirit into you and suggest that no matter what you do the Spirit can't leave you after you 'believe'. You need to forget how God tells us to walk with Him, how we wants us to love and obey him and show our faith and allegiance to Him

meanwhile all your arguments were refuted completely (remind me if I missed anything) to the point of making them look very poor indeed

God wants His people to serve Him like he wants to be served and understand Him. God doesn't hold it against you when we transgress Him and we were not aware we were hurting Him. My message to you and to the vast majority of Christians out their that are under exactly the same understandings you have been is to 'pull your socks up' and walk in faith and truth. It is my understanding of the events taking place in the world at the moment is that we are on the cusp on Satan's last day deception where he counterfeit's the second coming of Jesus and implements the mark of the beast system of Sunday worship under civil law and persecution for those who will chose to follow God's law and keep sabbath (add to that the economic control grid to prevent those who do not nominate that they will keep the Sunday prevented from buy and selling ect). I say this message with all seriousness as God asks his people to 'come out from them and be separate'
edit on 6-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
reply to post by arpgme

Hmmm....can I be bothered spending probably one day gathering together information of history to show you the world of reality....to completely unveil to you the Satanic empire being built upon this earth right underneath your nose.....to show you all the human groups and organizations doing it .....to put together a comprehensive enough post that will alter your perception on this...to open your eyes to the world of Human sex trafficking, designed financial collapse to create debt slavery, staged false flag attacks to bring people into wars and revolutions, the major media heads being complicit in covering up the facts of the real news from you, the world of kidnapped children for satanic ritual sex and human sacrifice rituals (on the 8 high pagan holidays each year), the agency of Satan that was fully in control throughout the 1000+ odd years of the dark ages when millions of people were burned at the stake and tortured to death just for wanting to have a bible they could read in their own language. When you find out things like how World War 1 and 2 were in fact planned in 1871 by these secretive human organizations representing the building of Satan's kingdom then you might just recognize what kind of 'freedom' Satan's character truly shows.

Yes, some of the do worship evil beings, but they just call it "Satan" to keep people in fear. They also want to keep people IN religion. Did you know that the government waste money to build mega-churches? Did you know that even though the Chinese government claims to have "banned" the bible, Christianity is actually a GROWING religion over there AND they spend billions of dollars on making bibles?

They also want a World War 3 to happen just so that they can get people to think that they are fulfilling the bible. They know exactly what they are doing. They represent Death, War, and Greed.

Did you know that people were TORTURED and BURNED for not accepting the bible? All religions except Christianity were banned, and Christianity was to be the One World Religion...

all of the pagan ideas were incorporated into Christianity such as the virgin mother and the sun of god, to make it appeal more to the pagan world...

Constantine even said that since he couldn't conquer his enemies he will do it "with the cross"... He used religion in order to keep things under his CONTROL. He even because the pope, the leading role of the religion!

Yes, the Vatican and all of these other so-called "holy places" they truly don't believe that they claim, but they don't worship Satan but evil power beingS (plural!) for Greed and Power. Satan is just the name they hide behind.

reply to post by arpgme

Can I be bothered to send you on a fact finding mission that will probably take 50-100+ hours or more of your time when you clearly can't even read the posts of the exchanges between Autowrench and I where some of this history is laid out to show just what Satan's character was like during his rebellion and also just how much truth there is to the 'stories' in the Bible.

If you are actually interested in LEARNING SOMETHING I would suggest you go back and read the posts I have made to autowrench, particularly my most recent 3 part post to him on this thread. I won't let you die wondering though so I will start you off with a couple information sources to follow up on:

You know NOTHING about me. I have been studying the origin of religion for YEARS. Sure, there is some "truth" i the bible, that is the best way to appeal to others, to mix true with LIES. If it is complete lies of course no one will believe.

As for the video you linked, I find it strange that people call something evil or Satanic just because it has Pagan influences on it even though there is PROOF that some of the stories in the bible were stolen and changed from older religions... Such as, for example, the global flood. As for the "occult" agenda, YES! I already said that they use magic for evil, that is the whole point, they worship evil gods, nothing - Satan is just the name they hide behind to keep bible believers in fear...

reply to post by arpgme

...people who can't be bothered to read them or are not actually in the search for truth, that they just want to remain in their 'happiness' and not have their comfortable belief-system shaken up.

The ones clinging to Bible cling to belief. They believe in Bible so they try to fulfill it (with WW3 and "microchip" thing). The bible says let them ENSLAVE the world! Do you not see how crazy the bible is ?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Jesus is OK with slavery according to the bible:

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. " (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

"Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;" - Titus 2:9

"Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward." -

"You who are slaves must accept the authority of your masters with all respect. Do what they tell you—not only if they are kind and reasonable, but even if they are cruel." - 1 Peter 2:18

So basically, this is the PERFECT but for those trying to rule the world. Absolutely perfect. Don't care for the world, just let anything happen, according to the bible, you should even choose to DIE instead of trying to get freedom.

Of course they will say they worship Satan they want to keep you believing in the bible while keeping you in FEAR so that you can be controlled.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It is clearly apparent you haven't read a single thing I have posted to other people on this thread. The whole point of the post is to call the 98%+ of Christianity who practice apostate forms of religion in Gods eyes to remove themselves from this and be separate. If you bothered to read my posts I clearly point out the massive apostasy and evil in the Vatican and point out clearly where the bible calls it the beast of Revelation, a power who's throne and great authority were given to it by the Dragon (Satan).

Please look up my Christian faith, 7th Day Adventist and list all the pagan practices you can find that are in opposition to the Bible, good luck!!!! (unless of course you consider having wedding rings for marriage overly satan venerating)

It is apparent that you have no idea about the distinction between how 'slaves' were treated in Biblical times (more like a helper around the house with their own place to stay and respect) compared to what is considered a slave nowadays............ kidnapped off the street, molested, shot up with drug and forced to prostitute yourself to feed your addiction, kept in absolute squalor, ritualistically killed when you have served your usefulness as a play-thing

Ignorance is bliss my friend.....now go and stereotype some more people away whilst failing to read properly anything they have to say (who knows, you might just find it is the opposite of what you thought of them initially)

Please ignore my emotional outburst but your comments are beyond ridiculous. My pet peeve is when someone stereotypes me as someone who supports my biggest enemy. You realize that garlic is nature's anti-virus, anti-bacterial that no resistance can be developed against. I call myself Jesuit Garlic because I consider the Jesuits and the Vatican a virus and blight on humanity and the darkness they spread to the world can only be cured by truth, the light of truth on what they truly represent and what they have done ect ect....

I am all too familiar with the Catholic plan of a staged false second coming of Christ .....I damn well even started a thread on it Dream from God: Satan's false second coming of Jesus

Needless to say I also point out how the Bible calls the Christian denominations in apostasy 'the false prophet'. Let me tell you that I have a much better eye for apostasy that you could imagine, that is why I am so confident sending you on a wild goose chase trying to pick apart my church.

The problem with you listening is that you don't recognize the role the Vatican/Jesuits have played in being the harbingers and gatekeepers of the pantheistic and New Age religions. That is were you tune out. I am trying to inform you that the people you despise just like me are in fact behind the scenes controlling your current belief system as well (please correct me if I have wrongly labelled you). If you are prepared to go down the rabbit hole to discover that truth too then I am here to help you.

Thank you for having such a clear understanding of me!!!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

It is clearly apparent you haven't read a single thing I have posted to other people on this thread. The whole point of the post is to call the 98%+ of Christianity who practice apostate forms of religion in Gods eyes to remove themselves from this and be separate. If you bothered to read my posts I clearly point out the massive apostasy and evil in the Vatican and point out clearly where the bible calls it the beast of Revelation, a power who's throne and great authority were given to it by the Dragon (Satan).

Please look up my Christian faith, 7th Day Adventist and list all the pagan practices you can find that are in opposition to the Bible, good luck!!!! (unless of course you consider having wedding rings for marriage overly satan venerating)

What you are saying here is true. There are pagan practices that have nothing to do with The Bible but they claim "Jesus" to be apart of these holidays...

reply to post by arpgme

It is apparent that you have no idea about the distinction between how 'slaves' were treated in Biblical times (more like a helper around the house with their own place to stay and respect) compared to what is considered a slave nowadays............ kidnapped off the street, molested, shot up with drug and forced to prostitute yourself to feed your addiction, kept in absolute squalor, ritualistically killed when you have served your usefulness as a play-thing

The Bible says that no matter how bad they treat you to be honest to them. In Leviticus it actually tells you who to treat slaves. It tells you that you can beat them as long as they don't die within three days, you can see your daughter as if she were an object. If a woman is raped, she belongs to the man now and is married to her.

If you read the book of revelations, it talks about the world being ruled by Satan (the beast/ dragon / anti-christ). The Vatican / Elite want people to believe that they are Satan because they want to make it easier to rule the world. If they can get people to believe in the Bible then they will WANT the prophecies to come true and it'll make it easier for them to rule the world.

In the bible it just says that whoever oppose the beast will die, it doesn't tell you to fight for freedom or anything...

reply to post by arpgme

Needless to say I also point out how the Bible calls the Christian denominations in apostasy 'the false prophet'. Let me tell you that I have a much better eye for apostasy that you could imagine, that is why I am so confident sending you on a wild goose chase trying to pick apart my church.

If the church isn't built on lies then it shouldn't crumble if I tell the truth.

The idea of a savior - son of god - is WAY older than the story of Jesus... (Horus)
The idea of a virgin mother is WAY older than Mary (Isis)..
The idea of a Global Flood (Epic of Gilgamesh) is WAY older than the story of Noah's Flood...
The story of commandments from God (Code of Hammurabi) is WAY older than Moses...
The story of The Serpent in the Garden (Enki) is WAY older than The garden of Eden...

Jesus is called "The Shepard" this is what the son of Amen was called! Amen-Ra was the Eye of the pyramid...
The pyramid is the "chief corner stone" , this is what they called Jesus in Greek in The Bible! It is all mythology.

These were stories taken from older religions and put into The Bible. If you read The Bible in Hebrew, it speaks of "Yahweh", "Elyon", "El Shaddai" , "Elohim" these are Old Canaanite Gods! Although most try to act like it is all one God of the Bible! In English they all translate this as "God" or "The Lord" to try to make it seem like one being when these are names of old Pagan Gods.

reply to post by arpgme

The problem with you listening is that you don't recognize the role the Vatican/Jesuits have played in being the harbingers and gatekeepers of the pantheistic and New Age religions.... I am trying to inform you that the people you despise just like me are in fact behind the scenes controlling your current belief system as well.... If you are prepared to go down the rabbit hole to discover that truth too then I am here to help you.

Pantheism/Paganism is ancient. The Vatican KILLED people for it, and destroyed ancient libraries to hide the fact that the Bible was copied... Lucky for the ancient Sumerian texts, and yes, they infiltrated New Age.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Thank you for your good questions!

- Some I can see the answer straight away (but I'll need to research the sourcing for you)
- Others, I am sure I will find a good answer with a little bit of research
- Some questions are non-issues...but we can discuss about that

What kind of evidence would you like to answer your question about the Global Flood...for me it is easy to prove to you the universal flood happened no worries but if you want we to discuss the story of Gilgamesh having an older origin that the Flood of Noah then you might get a more convoluted answer you might not think is clear. Something along the lines of casting serious doubts on what is perceived to be accurate recorded time periods. Seeing that the universal flood is agreed by experts to have occur around 2900BC if my memory serves correct when is the Epic of Gilgamesh meant to date to?

Also what is your source for

"If you read The Bible in Hebrew, it speaks of "Yahweh", "Elyon", "El Shaddai" , "Elohim" these are Old Canaanite Gods! Although most try to act like it is all one God of the Bible! In English they all translate this as "God" or "The Lord" to try to make it seem like one being when these are names of old Pagan Gods. "

Do you know the scriptural codex's they used and what passages specifically they are referring to? If not I might not be able to seek out a satisfactory answer for you

What is your source for

The story of The Serpent in the Garden (Enki) is WAY older than The garden of Eden
? Is this in something presented in the 'earth chronicles' book series?

I will hope to answer your questions within a couple of days once I hear back from you...I hope that isn't too long to wait

Also, do you have any questions about the bible or Christianity that would help dispel doubts of its legitimacy to you, as in proofs confirming the Biblical record so I can make it something that you can put your trust in. For me I am here to not dispel doubts that Christianity is not this or not that where I am in a defensive position trying to disprove a negative (perhaps not even a negative, just a coincidence)....I would rather say look here and look there proof that the 'stories' in the bible are true, proof that God's word can be trusted. Do you get what I am saying? I think it would be a more effective discussion because it is going to be pretty fruitless to you merely asking questions for the sake of shaking my faith, as it simply won't happen. The proof positive I have in Jesus has me able to resist any threat of torture or persecution against my life my families or my friends, any kind of harm against me knowing that I will not give up my faith and that my eternal life is assured no matter what happens to me in this life.

Can I ask what faith or theology you subscribe to?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

What kind of evidence would you like to answer your question about the Global Flood...for me it is easy to prove to you the universal flood happened no worries but if you want we to discuss the story of Gilgamesh having an older origin that the Flood of Noah then you might get a more convoluted answer you might not think is clear. Something along the lines of casting serious doubts on what is perceived to be accurate recorded time periods. Seeing that the universal flood is agreed by experts to have occur around 2900BC if my memory serves correct when is the Epic of Gilgamesh meant to date to?

I was just pointing out the fact that the Bible took that story from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

reply to post by arpgme

Also what is your source for

"If you read The Bible in Hebrew, it speaks of "Yahweh", "Elyon", "El Shaddai" , "Elohim" these are Old Canaanite Gods! Although most try to act like it is all one God of the Bible! In English they all translate this as "God" or "The Lord" to try to make it seem like one being when these are names of old Pagan Gods. "

Do you know the scriptural codex's they used and what passages specifically they are referring to? If not I might not be able to seek out a satisfactory answer for you

What is your source for

The story of The Serpent in the Garden (Enki) is WAY older than The garden of Eden
? Is this in something presented in the 'earth chronicles' book series?

I will hope to answer your questions within a couple of days once I hear back from you...I hope that isn't too long to wait

In the Old Testament it mentions Yahweh a lot, but he is an ancient Canaanite war god. Here is a picture of him [1]. And here is El. [2].

You can find much about these Canaanite Gods if you just do research, there are many, many sources and pictures on Google.

As for the story of Enlil and Enki, this is the story of the Sumerian Texts. Enlil (Sky God) was mad at Enki (Serpent God) for giving humans knowledge in Edin. The same thing that happen in the so-called "Garden of Eden" except they just call it a "Serpent".

Here is a good place to start, as for how the bible went from Polytheism to Monotheism:

edit on 6-5-2012 by arpgme because: to respond more

reply to post by arpgme

Also, do you have any questions about the bible or Christianity that would help dispel doubts of its legitimacy to you, as in proofs confirming the Biblical record so I can make it something that you can put your trust in. For me I am here to not dispel doubts that Christianity is not this or not that where I am in a defensive position trying to disprove a negative (perhaps not even a negative, just a coincidence)....I would rather say look here and look there proof that the 'stories' in the bible are true, proof that God's word can be trusted. Do you get what I am saying?

I am not sure how the bible can be trusted when most of the stories were taken from other sources and it teaches things like taking two birds, killing one, dipping the living one into the blood of the dead one, and sprinkling the blood seven times to cure people of leprosy (leviticus 14), or teaching people that the sky is water that god divided from the seas (Genesis 1:6-10). People make the case that "water is in the sky" but the sky is NOT water (sea).

It is clear to me, that no matter what evidence I present, you will still believe in the bible based on "faith". Well, no matter what, I will stand up for the truth in this subject and keep speaking about it. You may still have faith no matter what evidence is presented but hopefully others will see this and they will accept the truth that the bible is myth...

edit on 6-5-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Neither does the Divine Mother, the Goddess of all. She desires not our prayers and petitions, nor sacrifice, and provides for all of Her children.
We have but one law, "As ye harm none, do as ye will."
We gather once a month to honor Her, the Father, and dance beneath the Full Moon, and the honor each other.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yes, that's true! I'm able to meditate and connect with her energy. She is very caring and compassionate, but I know she needs energy... Maybe I'll do some meditations and bring more energy to her down from the heavens...

and now I am probably sounding like a crazy person to most people so I'll shut up now.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It is clear to me, that no matter what evidence I present, you will still believe in the bible based on "faith". Well, no matter what, I will stand up for the truth in this subject and keep speaking about it. You may still have faith no matter what evidence is presented but hopefully others will see this and they will accept the truth that the bible is myth...

Let me clarify a miscommunication by me first....I did not intend to come across as obstinate and willfully blind to any 'truth' you present. This is not the case. From my perspective though as someone with the frame that I am following TRUTH and claiming that you in fact aren't means to me that if I can only defend your attacks with valid defense to dispel its validity, then to me that is a loss. I should be able to apply proofs where I can, not only to dispel the validity of an attack but provide evidence on the topic with such poignancy that it cuts you three ways sideways to your core. That is the standard that I have for myself.

When I read some of your questions I thought, I can probably do not much more that provide adequate defense (in my eyes with the frame of already being a christian) to the attack....with my frame of standards for myself that is considered a loss (which put me into a loss-aversion defensive/survival frame of communication which is not in fact valid due to the unnecessarily tough standards I have for myself)....but with some of your other questions I will be able to defend so vehemently it's attack leaving hemorrhaging wounds (the kind of blows that could never be delivered to Christianity's foundation in the same way) which should hopefully be able to draw you to my side a little more, so that's okay still. I noticed I missed some other questions you asked in some posts a few up from here so I will try to get to them soon as well. Should I take it to mean that you are Wiccan like Autowrench?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ok I have to ask you a serious question.

I just reviewed this atheism video you suggested and I have to be honest, is this the quality of intellectual honesty you hold yourself to?

I can easily prove the universal flood and exodus stories are historical fact with all the archeology confirming it ect. This basically blows half the premises of the video out of the water straight away. It completely glosses over the flood and is intellectually dishonest about the exodus story...the guys level of scholarship is pitiful. Most of his other thing is framed imagery to lead the mind in a particular way of thinking whilst speeding through 'facts' so fast that it is obvious he doesn't want anyone's mind to ponder deeply each point for anymore than about half a second. Plus it is easy to prove designer in creation, and it is needed for origins of life questions, stability of the cosmos issues.

The serious question is.....have you had some particularly bad experiences with Christians or something in your life that has turned you completely off from Jesus or something. I say this because the impression that I am getting is that your position at the moment has come about more from wanting to run away from Christianity (and their are so many apostate forms of Christianity that misrepresent Jesus this is completely understandable to me) than actually running towards something with conviction because you have found deep truth.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Sorry I haven't replied to the other parts of your long post as yet....I had got a bit preoccupied with things and thought I probably left you with enough anyway to look into and ponder for a while anyway. Are you still waiting on my completed post or is it okay if I send it through perhaps in 3-4 days time? I am working on a new thread at the moment on the exodus story and how the proof of it happening completely invalidates the worth of ancient Egyptian religion and the the work of 'The book of the Dead' written by the Pharaoh in the story, the most powerful Pharaoh in Egyptian history, Tutmose III. It should be a good read and want to get it out in the next day or so.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I can easily prove the universal flood and exodus stories are historical fact with all the archeology confirming it ect.

OK, let's see your proof. I have seen evidence of local floods in Ancient Mesopotamia, but none of a universal, world wide flood. Please explain where all the water could come from. And please, no ""God did it?"
And you did know that the Flood Story was taken from an earlier story from Ancient Sumeria, The Epic of Gilgamesh. There have been many flood stories taken from ancient sources all around the world.

The Epic of Gilgamesh is contained on twelve large tablets, and since the original discovery, it has been found on others, as well as having been translated into other early languages. The actual tablets date back to around 650 B.C. and are obviously not originals since fragments of the flood story have been found on tablets dated around 2,000 B.C. Linguistic experts believe that the story was composed well before 2,000 B.C. compiled from material that was much older than that date. The Sumerian cuneiform writing has been estimated to go as far back as 3,300 B.C.
source
When one reads the Epic, one can see why Christianity calls this "myth," while calling their Noah story, "truth."

The Gilgamesh Flood

In reality, it was Utnapishtim’s flood, told in the 11th tablet. The council of the gods decided to flood the whole earth to destroy mankind. But Ea, the god who made man, warned Utnapishtim, from Shuruppak, a city on the banks of the Euphrates, and told him to build an enormous boat:

‘O man of Shuruppak, son of Ubartutu:
Tear down the house and build a boat!
Abandon wealth and seek living beings!
Spurn possessions and keep alive living beings!
Make all living beings go up into the boat.
The boat which you are to build,
its dimensions must measure equal to each other:
its length must correspond to its width.’

Utnapishtim obeyed:

‘One (whole) acre was her floor space, (660’ X 660’)
Ten dozen cubits the height of each of her walls,
Ten dozen cubits each edge of the square deck.
I laid out the shape of her sides and joined her together.
I provided her with six decks,
Dividing her (thus) into seven parts.’ …

Utnapishtim sealed his ark with pitch, took all the kinds of vertebrate animals, and his family members, plus some other humans. Shamash the sun god showered down loaves of bread and rained down wheat. Then the flood came, so fierce that:

‘The gods were frightened by the flood,
and retreated, ascending to the heaven of Anu.
The gods were cowering like dogs, crouching by the outer wall.
Ishtar shrieked like a woman in childbirth,
the sweet-voiced Mistress of the Gods wailed:
“The olden days have alas turned to clay,
because I said evil things in the Assembly of the Gods!
How could I say evil things in the Assembly of the Gods,
ordering a catastrophe to destroy my people!!
No sooner have I given birth to my dear people
than they fill the sea like so many fish!”
The gods—those of the Anunnaki—were weeping with her,
the gods humbly sat weeping, sobbing with grief(?),
their lips burning, parched with thirst.’

However, the flood was relatively short:

‘Six days and seven nights
came the wind and flood, the storm flattening the land.
When the seventh day arrived, the storm was pounding,
the flood was a war—struggling with itself like a woman
writhing (in labor).’

source
OK, I showed you mine, let's see yours.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Sorry I haven't replied to the other parts of your long post as yet....I had got a bit preoccupied with things and thought I probably left you with enough anyway to look into and ponder for a while anyway. Are you still waiting on my completed post or is it okay if I send it through perhaps in 3-4 days time? I am working on a new thread at the moment on the exodus story and how the proof of it happening completely invalidates the worth of ancient Egyptian religion and the the work of 'The book of the Dead' written by the Pharaoh in the story, the most powerful Pharaoh in Egyptian history, Tutmose III. It should be a good read and want to get it out in the next day or so.

Well, post it, and we shall see. The Ancient Egyptians kept some pretty accurate records, not to mention the secret societies who kept the Ancient Traditions of the Religion, such as A∴ A∴ and O.T.O and the Golden Dawn, of who I studied under at one time.
hermetic.com...
www.golden-dawn.org...
So to "invalidate" the powerful and Ancient Religion seems like an impossible task. How would you do that, exactly?
I am looking forward to your thread. Will you address the famous Arc, the Golden Box with Cherubs on top, used as a communication device and food manufacturing machine? And will you tell how Moses was a Sumerian Warrior, a Mercenary, who commanded a large Army of Warriors, and that when they sacked the city they did it well armed and with impunity? And I wonder if you will also address why there are no graves, or tombs of any slaves near the Pyramids, and no record of any Jewish slaves ever being kept?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

In that video, I do not agree with that person's atheistic view and I admit some of the things weren't true, but the point of me showing you that video was to show you the ties with polytheism and the bible.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I will give you the heads up on the Exodus thing (seeing that the thread is mostly for you and your mate anyway I might just keep it here), Here is a good article

It is a summary of the information of a video those link I have already sent you in a previous thread, a video from the Genesis Conflict Series by Professor Walter Veith '108 - The spade unearths the truth'
can watch from about 8 mins in

I would also try incorporate the discoveries of SDA Archeologist Ron Wyatt - 'Revealing God's Treasure - Red Sea Crossing' can begin to watch the the 8 minute mark (I would agree more with Veith's contention of Tutmose III being the Pharaoh at the time and not what Wyatt came up with)

Same info presented but in written form Here or Here

I wasn't planning on covering the Ark of the Covenant in the thread because it would make the post too long and I can't come across a good picture of it but my understanding is that Ron Wyatt found that already too...see this vid

Or have a good read of this article on it Ark of the Covenant found RECOMMENDED! And branch of from this page too

So I would say have a good look at all of those sources (it is okay to skip over the article versions of the Red Sea crossing though)

The Veith video shows pictures on the walls in the Tutmoses III tomb where the priests of Horus are depicted throwing a rod and it transforming into a snake. The video (and article) also shows that Pharaoh's first born son died as well (as per the 10th plague).

I wanted to do a bit more research fleshing out the dates presented for when Moses was said to be around, the date of the exodus and the date of Tutmose III death and more researching into the Monotheistic religion that took over Amun worship (the Egyptian religion of the time) for a time after this exodus event with the reign of Pharaoh Akhenaten. This single God being considered the creator of all things and in charge of everything (sounds like the God of the Hebrews to me).

To me, the suggestion that in fact the plagues did occur (the evidence of the 10th one) and that the plagues directly questioned the authority of the Egyptian religion where their multiple gods were understood to control each aspect of the environment ect. If it is so that Tutmose III, The greatest conqueror in Egyptian history, the person who wrote the 'occult bible' 'The Book of the Dead' (with his whole army) was defeated my just two men, Moses and Aaron, and their God, then gees it sure makes the 'knowledge' in the teachings from these religions and people look pretty damn inferior, and just where ultimate power lies. Maybe you will not agree with this assessment but I think it fair.

The explanation presented for no record of Hebrew slavery in Egypt is that Egyptians didn't like to record their defeats. The Pharaoh was considered the reincarnation of the Sun god and was 'Infallible'....recording such a saga of massive defeat for posterity would have been terrible for social stability, respect for the authority of future Pharaoh's and their religious system which was so ingrained into their day-to-day lives. Such non-recording of history was well known by the Egyptians when in known military defeats they would not takes records of it for themselves.
edit on 8-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

In terms of the Gilgamesh thing and the flood story I will say that it doesn't really matter to me what the god-man Gilgamesh likes to say, the facts of the matter are all the physical evidence of a 'UNIVERSAL FLOOD' across the entire earth. If Noah didn't write down the story but just past it down in the Oral Tradition until it was finally recorded for posterity in written form then that is okay with me. Check out this video for all the physical evidence of the universal flood though. Such evidence makes the debate on Gilgamesh irrelevant.

edit on 8-5-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join