It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stream of Consciousness: Deeply Embedded Into the Fabric of Space-Time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Is all consciousness from all life in the universe, past, present, and future... embedded into the fabric of space-time in such a way that it can be accessed by anyone at anytime?

When one person has a thought/idea/dream, is it then accessible by someone else? Does it become a part of an eternal "stream" of consciousness?

People like Edgar Cayce was able to tap into this stream and receive knowledge about not only our past but our future as well. Were ancient civilizations so attuned to the spirit world that they were able to tap into this stream much like Edgar Cayce was able to? Were certain concepts and ideas that were created in one part of the world by one civilization accessed by a different civilization in another part of the world? Is it also possible that this stream of consciousness was more "fresh", more pristine in the past and goes through different waves of accessibility? Over time, does it get polluted/murky (less accessible) and go through different "cleansing" periods when it becomes fresh again and more accessible?

I remember seeing this one documentary a while back that showed how this one type of monkey in one part of the world started using rocks as tools to crack open fruit, and then the same type of monkey living in a completely different part of the world started using rocks as well at basically the same time. There is a name for this: The 100th Monkey Effect... www.skepdic.com...

So is it the same for humans? Are we always able to tap into this stream of consciousness? Is it possible for two people to have the same dream at the same time or for someone today to access a dream that an ancient ancestor had 10,000 years ago?...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

S&F I will be back with a response. Going to think about this awhile. Very thought provoking keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
There is a name for this: The 100th Monkey Effect... www.skepdic.com...

Did you even bother to read the link you cited as evidence?!??!??!
The story is just made up.

Watson wrote: "I accept Amundson's analysis of the origin and evolution of the Hundredth Monkey without reservation. It is a metaphor of my own making, based—as he rightly suggests—on very slim evidence and a great deal of hearsay.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I think basically what your asking here is if thoughts,dreams stream through the fabric of reality. And if these thoughts, and dreams are accesible to other people. I think it's very possible. After all how does wireless internet work? Don't answer I know how.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The top portion shows Dr. Watson's view on "The Hundredth Monkey Effect" based on his observations. The bottom portion shows the skeptic's view of it. That way people can see both views and make their own opinions on it based on the information from both Watson and the skeptic.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Nurelic - you must have the best, the most thought-provoking, and the most overlooked threads on ATS!

I have often wondered at this myself. This can also be described as an effect of a synergy, which can most probably be further described as the tapping of an individual into past (or future!) experiences which has been encoded into the fabric of space-time.

That is my own personal belief about what "God" is - God to me is simply a directive that creates - and this directive creates for the sheer purpose of amassing experience. Experience = growth / evolution, and growth is the ultimate ideal that all creatures and beings strive for. Perhaps your explanation touches the core of this possibility - the stream of consciousness transcribes all experiences amassed at all times and everywhere.

Why is it that an athlete will practice and practice - straining with effort to break a world record and set up a new world record - but as soon as he has broken that world record, that world record immediately becomes more attainable to other athletes? That world record has simply become another milestone, an experience that has been garnered and recorded into a stream of consciousness - and as such it immediately becomes easier for athletes all over the world to attain what was not possible before.

I am certain that certain groups can reinforce ideas and beliefs within certain pathways of the fabric of the stream of consciousness - and this can inflate the synergy held by that group. A synergy is capable of altering affairs, mindsets, events and more. Makes me wonder what the true purpose is of the synergy that is being created by the "20% of all people who believe that 2012 will ring in the end times"?

Keep shining friend!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
here imbed this into our "Stream of Consciousness" if u can.

www.bloomberg.com...

South Korea Boosts Fight Against Infant Flesh-Pill Smuggling

Some things are just,,,?????serious?????

"allegedly made of human fetuses and the remains of dead infants"
unquote
allegedly,,,,i sure hope so if not,,,
Humanity is #ed.

Me.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Shimmer - I deeply thank you and it is an absolute pleasure to reply back to you.

Originally posted by shimmeringsilver73
Why is it that an athlete will practice and practice - straining with effort to break a world record and set up a new world record - but as soon as he has broken that world record, that world record immediately becomes more attainable to other athletes? That world record has simply become another milestone, an experience that has been garnered and recorded into a stream of consciousness - and as such it immediately becomes easier for athletes all over the world to attain what was not possible before.

Great analogy. It's almost as if it makes other athletes say, "well if he/she can do it, why can't I?" Just like a new idea that "springs" up into the stream of consciousness, it's a major thirst quencher to others. They add their own unique twists to it and can create many other "channels" of thought based off of the original idea. It can quickly turn into a feeding frenzy with people trying to out-do each other for bigger and better ideas. It makes it a lot easier for others because the idea is now out in the open and up for grabs. Accessible by all.

Ok so I have another question...
We have lived our lives from when we're born all the way up to this present moment in time. We have gathered many memories along the way. Each memory a scene in the movie. Is it possible to "rewind" the movie to different scenes (memories) and watch them over again, as many times as we want, at anytime that we want? Not necessarily changing the past, but simply observing it again at different points? Focusing on one memory and basically transporting your consciousness to that very moment in time again. Completely as it was. As if you really were there again. Not physically time-traveling to the past, but reawakening a part of your past-consciousness to re-live that moment in time...
Anybody see that movie 'The Butterfly Effect'?...

Shine on Shimmer!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The monkey experiment may not be true...but I don't know why that was used as an example anyways, because history is filled with examples of humans making some discovery or invention only to have it paralleled at the same time at other places in the world.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic We have lived our lives from when we're born all the way up to this present moment in time. We have gathered many memories along the way. Each memory a scene in the movie. Is it possible to "rewind" the movie to different scenes (memories) and watch them over again, as many times as we want, at anytime that we want? Not necessarily changing the past, but simply observing it again at different points? Focusing on one memory and basically transporting your consciousness to that very moment in time again. Completely as it was. As if you really were there again. Not physically time-traveling to the past, but reawakening a part of your past-consciousness to re-live that moment in time...

Good question! Certainly our brains are capable of retrieving memories - when placed in a deep relaxed state such as hypnosis, memories from the deepest recesses of the mind can be retrieved. But the brain has simply acted as a superhumongous recording device - and these memories have also been coloured by our perceptions prior to being stored. Certainly not the same as physically revisiting a memory in its purest unadulterated form.

Are we capable of physically rewinding the 'scenes' and rewatching them? Can one rewind the stream of consciousness? I dunno... some scientists seem to think that time is moving in one direction and one direction only, and that that direction is 'forward'... that time-travel into one's past is therefore impossible. If there is truth to this theory, then this 'forward motion' may be applicable to the 'stream of consciousness' as well - that the stream of consciousness moves 'forward' - plugging in experiences all along its route to a point of amalgamation and accumulation somewhere 'ahead'... almost like a stream of energy would move in one direction within a tree of life, or blood would within a circulatory system.

If however the stream of consciousness exists for the sheer purpose of amassing experience, then it follows that that experience would be available to all entities plugged into it. All past and future experiences, as you had noted in your OP. Perhaps we are already plugged into the experiences of all life everywhere - we have just not reached the point yet where we are capable of 'realizing it, sifting through it and using it'. Perhaps until we have learned to use the stream, it remains a very subconscious experience for us - manifesting at best and at the moment as a 'synergy with its subsequent subtle effects on the world'...

Great - how am I supposed to work with these burning questions on my mind! Shame on you Nurelic!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

Wow,

Are you sure your not a professor in 'advanced universal concepts'?...

Blood circulating through the body = stream of consciousness. Interesting, seeing as blood flows forward, just like time would. So if the heart is the source of the blood, what is the source of consciousness?... What makes us "alive"?...

Work can wait...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic

Wow,

Are you sure your not a professor in 'advanced universal concepts'?...

Blood circulating through the body = stream of consciousness. Interesting, seeing as blood flows forward, just like time would. So if the heart is the source of the blood, what is the source of consciousness?... What makes us "alive"?...

Work can wait...

Awww... you are so sweet...

Another good question. Who knows - perhaps there is merit to the whole 'microscopic theory'. Perhaps we are a tiny part of a giant being - plugging away at our lives here within the microcellular structure of this being. This could explain the so-called mirroring of our own atomic and microcellular, cellular and bodily structures to that of the workings of the stars, universe etc. etc. Perhaps our own systems only mirror a vaster being's system... mirrors within mirrors, wheels within wheels...

Or we may be a simulation receiving instructions via protocols, following subroutines or functions within this great program (my favourite theory - and the most discomforting one too)...

Or our entire existence may be the result of some geo-engineering and universal mechanization of a ancient civilization on the scale that we cannot even comprehend... that our universe is perceived as a 'natural creation' to our eyes, but is in fact a mechanized creation to the eyes of these beings...

Or there may be merit to the whole New Age belief of "A Nothingness so great it formed substance and gained consciousness, and became a Somethingness"... that there is a great universal flow of energy - from a source whose entire purpose is to learn. And this source creates uncountable scenarios for the sheer purpose of gaining experience. That all life is connected to this throbbing energy source via an interconnected energy "vein" system.

Or maybe it is a combination of all of these - ancient beings who lived within a universe (which is actually only a cell within some much larger being), who created an artificial universe of their own a kazillian years ago, plugged in some subroutines, feeds experience back into a central brain... within this artificial universe other beings came into existence that created a massive simulation (wherein we may ultimately live) - the original ancient beings only being a result of natural experience cycle caused by a Nothingness that became a Somethingness that wanted to gain experience...

That is the whole chicken-versus-the-egg question! But what came first! What is "God"?!

Let me have your take on this very important question.

AARRRGGGHHHH! My head hurts!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

The is the dimension of consciousness. Everything else is an epiphenoma of that..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Why would a highly-advanced civilization build a model/hologram or a damn thing at all? Is that a Universal Law that a highly-advanced civilization must get into the 'habit' of building models of artifical universe or something?

Which civilization would want to leave behind an artifical legacy of their own insignificance?

edit on 9-5-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Hold on, let me try to re-group and do the best I can to respond to that extremely well written, well thought out, mind-expanding post of yours...

The simulation theory is interesting and just as possible as anything else. Life itself is very 'machine-like'. The universe in a way acts as one gigantic computer. But it would have to be like that. It would very much seem like that because maybe that's how life keeps going. It needs to follow certain machine-type rules in order to function properly and keep alive. Like one big mathematical equation that needs every single x, y, and z to fit perfectly. And if part of that equation is off, life might not be possible.

The geo-engineering done by an ancient civilization to the universe theory is also intriguing. I mean, just how much is an extremely advanced civilization able to contort the universe? To mold it, bend it, tweak it, tap into it however they want. To what degree? Is there no limit to what beings in the universe can do to the universe?

The whole chicken and the egg thing is indeed fascinating but challenging to grasp. I think we keep getting closer and closer to "cracking" the code of that riddle by gaining more and more knowledge about who we all are as individuals, who we are as humanity, who we are as a planet, a solar system, a galaxy, and beyond. To understand what "consciousness" is. There is no doubt that we are all very connected to one another, the planet, and everything else in the universe. The ways in which consciousness exists is mind-blowing. The sun, for example, could be one huge conscious being like the Earth. But where do humans fit in? I do think we only experience something like 0.0012% of what existence is all about. But despite our miniscule amount of knowledge about the universe, we slowly build up steam along the way. Every new baby born is a new path, a new way of looking at the world, new experiences, new knowledge. Your right. We learn, we grow, we experience.

What would happen to consciousness if the universe came to a "Big Crunch"? Is that when the collective consciousness reaches it's "enlightenment" in a way, when it's at one singularity? And then when a new "Big Bang" occurs it gets dispersed again and we have to find out who we are as a universe?...

edit on 10-5-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
bingo!

Alove

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Yes - you are right about life being very 'machine-like'. I found your wording to be a fascinating concept. The basic equations can be found in all of life - and would we really be able to differentiate between those equations as used by an organic 'higher power', or those equations as used by a 'artificial creator of universes'? In our eyes the artificial creator and organic creator would be one and the same, as we would have no yard-stick for measuring 'original and true Nature'.

With regard to your second question - which is another interesting one... we have no idea what a civilization that has been evolving for trillions of years would be capable of. If there is merit to the whole 'alternate higher vibration' theory, and these beings have transcended our plane, it would perhaps be easier for them to manipulate our reality without being directly involved (unless higher dimensions are dependent on the 'lower' dimensions as a house is dependent on a foundation). But I seriously doubt whether beings that evolved would be involved in the altering of realities - as they would most likely adopt a policy of non-interference.

Unless they have evolved so much that they are closer to the 'source', and work hand-in-hand with this energy to create. That their manipulation of the universe (albeit digital or mechanic to them) is just part of creation's work. That they have some sort of 'divine mandate' to create and alter realities.

They may not even be beings 'within' our universe. They may be rogue viruses attaching to cells - each cell manifesting as a complete universe in our microscopic reality (the interstitial spaces between cells being the 'unknown space' between all the possible universes).

Or our reality and so-called 'universe' may simply be a really small experiment within a tiny glass fishbowl for them - our perception of time and space being skewed beyond measure.

What would happen to consciousness if the universe can to a 'Big Crunch'? Your questions never cease to amaze me. Let's hope that it is a point of singularity, and that all of that experience is fed into a big brain somewhere and not simply nullified. Perhaps that is the starting point of the evolutionary cycle for all beings within the crunch - starting from scratch as the most naive innocent entity having to build up the aeons of experience again.

Or perhaps the big crunch of our universe is simply when that cell dies. The cell has come to the end of its life-cycle, and it shrivels up to at some point be absorbed into the bloodstream and put through the rest of the body's excretory processes. When a new cell is born - hey presto! - the Big Bang occurs all over again!

Fascinating conversation topics for sure - and I am certain that we can speculate at length and we will only skim 0.0001 percent of the surface truth of these topics. We can agree on one thing though - the Universe is mighty amazing!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Consciousness is the state of awareness that you are when you are aware of some 'thing'. When you are awake you are conscious, even in dream state you are conscious, but in deep sleep you are not conscious. You know you are conscious because you can see or hear, you are aware of some 'thing'. In consciousness there are images, consisting of vision, sound and all sensation appearing in (your) awareness.
When you are in deep sleep mode you are pure awareness with no 'things' to be aware of, you are but you are not aware that you are. You are not aware you exist because there is nothing to see or hear. Even the thoughts stop appearing and you return to you natural state of pure being.
Pure being is your natural state, your underlying self, it does not go away when you awake in the morning, it has just been forgetten because the images detract it from itself.
Remember to check in with who is seeing the image that appears and consciousness will flower.

I highly recommend the book 'I Am That' talks with Nisargadatta Maharaj.

In this fascinating documentary, several people who had the opportunity to be with Maharaj discuss the impact of his teaching.
youtu.be...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I personally think so. I think the universal consciousness is like a huge data storage, and what's more, I think one could theoretically think with it and communicate with someone else remotely. Even if that person existed ages in the past. You'd probably be tapping into the data on that person, and translating it into responses that the person would give you if you were actually talking to him.
Wow, this stuff is fun to think about.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I also find it fascinating how consciousness exists in many different forms. The collective consciousness of humans, cats, dogs, birds, fish, reptiles, insects... etc. The gi-normous amount of lifeforms that exist on this planet, each with it's own conciousness... absolutely mind-boggling.

So, as humans, we have a collective consciousness that is distinct from other species on this planet. You can say the same thing about every other species. However, when viewing things from a planet-wide perspective, there indeed seems to be an Earth-Consciousness that encompasses the collective consciousness of all life on Earth. So what if humans (or any species for that matter) are able to tap into the Earth-Consciousness in such a way that they are able to "see" and "feel" things from the viewpoints of all past and future lifeforms on this planet? To tap into that consciousness while dreaming and become a saber-tooth tiger hunting down a bison 10,000 years ago, a stegosaurus munching on some plants on a hot sunny day 150 million years ago, a dolphin swimming above the sunken ancient ruins of New York City in the future, or an eagle soaring over Ancient Egypt while the pyramid was being built.

How does one planet's collective consciousness interact with another planet's collective consciousness, if at all? How would the two planets communicate with each other? Is there a way to send out consciousness through space? Have we ever received consciousness from other planets in the past? Will we in the future?...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join