It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 24 year old's opinion of his country and good humanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This came to me when I read an article about the Cispa legislation being passed. I decided I would post it on here and see if anyone agrees with me. Bear with me if it seems like somewhat of a rant or doesn't make sense. It was just me letting my hands type whatever came to mind at the moment.

I live in a country that awards corrupt politicians with impunity and huge amounts of money in exchange for corporate dominance. The people who are sworn in to defend and protect my freedoms are the ones who strip me of them by passing sh*t legislation. I wish people would wake up and pay attention to the importance of the american political system and its effects on the whole world. These people govern your society and adjust your lifestyle/livelihood as they see fit, and then sell you in on a crock of sh*t lie called "freedom". For every good thing that they do, 5 bad things seem to come packaged with it (as of the last decade anyway). In my opinion money is sh*t and hands down the root of all evil. I frequently take a step back and stand in complete bewilderment at the things human beings are willing to do to their peers for what is essentially a piece of paper (which at the end of the day is nothing more than a permission slip which segregates who can or can't have access to all the things our "god given" life has to offer). I envy people who can fully enjoy a life without the frequent use of money to obtain the slightest amount of happiness. I've seen bums who appear happier with nothing than I am with my middle class lifestyle (a roof over my head, a shower and soap, food, a contraption with a lever that makes my excrement disappear into a plumbing system, running water (that is chock full of chemicals that are scientifically proven by probably the same people who engineered man made diseases to cause infertility and a plethora of health problems when administered at the right dosage), and warmth. I pay a lot of hard earned money into a system that aims to strip my freedoms away from me, as if I'm just a digit that falls into a category on a piece of paper. My reward for this is they let me keep some of it to put food in my stomach just so I can sustain my existence just to keep giving them more of my money and fund their efforts to take away anything I enjoy. Meanwhile some d*ckhead in a suit with absolutely no conscience is getting in his ferrari and yawning from a hard days work ( which was spent on the golf course persuading wealthy investors to pump cash into something that statistically speaking will probably screw people over somehow) while he pushes a button to start his luxurious car that was paid for by an income earned from lobbying for a company that probably sold my neighbor a bad mortgage (which forced him and his family to live in a minivan and attend soup kitchens for a free cup of coffee and a can of campbell's chicken noodle which is packed with preservatives and all kinds of other nasty crap which provides no nutritional benefits whatsoever). The d*ckhead in the suit is probably going home to pick up his hot wife who is clueless as to what his job duties really consist of (and could probably care less about) and take her out to a dinner that costs $2,000 a plate (charged to the business visa line of credit that his employer gave to him for miscellaneous traveling expenses and etc.). Then on the way home he'll stop at a diamond district jewelry store to get her 6 carat sierra leone blood diamond engagement ring polished and use his american express no limit corporate card to flip the bill. He'll go home and put his high thread count designer suit on a hanger in the closet and then proceed to lay down with said hot wife in a king sized bed with egyptian cotton sheets and have "winning" sex. Then he'll lay down and not think that anything he is doing is wrong. He'll fall asleep comfortably and happy that he made "the right decisions" and "the right connections" in his life. I'm rambling at this point but I wanted to address my cynicism so that anyone who happens to read this can actually understand where I'm coming from when I'm feeling like I live in a slightly unfair and often times piece of crap country that sold me a flawed dream... And don't give me that "take a trip to a poverty stricken third world country like Burundi and see how they're living" retort. I just wanted to say that I think it's amazing for any human being in this country to have the mental capacity to smile at their thoughts about family and friends and other positive things while all this negativity reigns in on them from every angle on a daily basis. Simply amazing... You deserve every ounce of that smile and don't ever let anyone tell you different. My peers were dealt a bad hand from the start and have been playing against a dealer with a stacked deck, giving them incredibly unfair odds of winning (achieving the american dream) and an unlikely probability of feeling like their life was meaningful. Trust me when I tell you that it will be mourned when it comes to a close. You've more than likely established meaningful relationships and positive energy around you every chance you got. You played the odds anyway and developed something that you can actually be proud of. That's what sticking it to the man is all about. They can strip you of everything you have but you still force a smile knowing that you did some good in your life as well as others' lives.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
No one cares about your opinions.
Or your wall of text.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You and me are in the same boat my friend, I am 23 and i think exactly like that. Some days i am actually angry at everything and everyone, because i see this pile of crap before me and i dont know what to do. I want the day to come and see this system get torn down. You can only push people so far. I'm already tired of it on this planet, and im only 23...

when i try to explain it, most people think im crazy, or that i am somehow of the 'entitled' generation. Well, i went to college, i got a job. Most of my money goes to paying my bills, and putting food on the table. Rent. Gas. Do i have bad habits? I sure do. I am extremely cynical about all of everything now, i didn't know i would be like this at 23. I desperately want change in the system.. Its no wonder people are diagnosed with mental illness, its ptsd on a global scale. They've manipulated us through media, Keep us in fear. Keep us in line. Work your 9-5, pay taxes, go to the store, pay taxes. Go to college. Do what you've been told throughout life. Go to college and get some debt. Hopefully you get a job in your field for 15$ an hour. Pay the principal, twice over and then you can now move into a home since you want a family. More debt. More compound interest. 200k for a house, end up paying 400. Need a car too, gotta get to work so you can pay for all of these things. And taxes. And interest. On your hard earned money and energy. Yet all this debt is just numbers on a computer screen. Your giving them your life over ones and zeroes.

Then we have the actions of globalist corporations in foreign countries. Wars for profit. Keeping people poor for profit. Destroying the middle class for profit. Signing away our rights for profit. No one around me can see the cage that is built around us. Told what to do, what to buy. Your choices are limited no matter how 'vast' you imagine they are. You have your choice of 3 credit cards. 400 different candies. 50 different sodas. a million different movies. Meanwhile we're getting royally screwed by all of these things that are supposed to benefit society. And we're screwing other nations out of TRILLIONS. And we wonder why most of the world is povery stricken?!

We have NO CHOICE in regards to if we want to play this game and live. Sure, you can go off grid. But some people are not built for that. You could do it with a lot of money at your disposal. We have to play the game, even those of us aware that the game is rigged. I've given up trying to explain it to people because a lot of the people i talk to just will not understand. Its too much for people to believe, and the sources of information are questionable at best. I used my own mind and intuition to make my decisions. I am a sovereign person, and no one influences that.

A lot alike.

edit on 27/4/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/4/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
Or your wall of text.

Then why did you bother posting?
Go find some other thread to play in.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
Or your wall of text.

Although I feel this belongs in the "Rant" forum, I would beg to differ that no one cares about his or her opinion. Regardless of its lack of proper punctuation, the OP's post is eloquent in his or her point.

Your blatant disregard for a person who may not speak or write perfect English on the other hand is repulsive.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The USA would have been a better place if we would of had George Carlin as a President.

I see a little George Carlin in Ron Paul, and I only wish others would see it as well.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket
Thanks for your input. Go listen to some more crap music and keep "believing in love" hahahha... if i were you i wouldn't hold my breath

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Man you're absolutely right! I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do. I almost lose sleep over this type of stuff at night and the only thing stopping me from doing so is hope at this point. I'm not sure the country is really capable of repair at this point. I feel as if a fresh start is the only hope. Money, money, and more money seems to be the only thing that is valued in this world and the idea that someday I will have the choice to put a child in it is mind boggling. I'm not sure if I can put an innocent life through the circus that is bound to be the reality of the future generations of americans. People always tell me that I'm too cynical and that I just constantly observe the negative in everything. I honestly feel like this isn't completely my fault. I feel like my environment played a HUGE role in the way I think. I always want to tell them "uh have you looked around lately?". Most of my friends are more concerned with getting drunk or high and just living in their own little world while ignoring what goes on around them because "it's depressing". I don't believe I'm negative, I believe my environment is. I believe that we are the last of a dying breed called "realists". I can't go to my parents for advice because they think I'm just paranoid and will probably start to worry about me. They come from that generation of hard work and family first. They have no clue what really goes on. They literally accept whatever crap the media and politicians feed us and don't even question it. They were sucked into a system that keeps them so wrapped up in whether or not they can pay the mortgage that they don't even have time to stop and see what's going on around them. When they do decide to check it out they grab a newspaper or turn on the Fox or CNN or ABC News. That's the way they were conditioned though. "I'll turn on the news when I want to see what's going on in the world". They have no idea that news isn't reported on anymore, but rather created. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for your input, it was really good to know someone else out there thinks similar to me. Good luck with dealing with everything and just take it a day at a time man. Find something to keep you happy and make the goods even out with the bads.

p.s. George Carlin is amazing. Easily one of my biggest role models and one of the funniest people I've ever heard. I actually got to see him in person at a comedy club in toledo when I was like 17. It was one of his last shows before he died but one of the funnest nights of my life.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Sorry about the english/grammar errors but I warned you at the beginning lol. Thank you for taking the time to read what was on my mind and I appreciate the respect.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket

Go troll somewhere else little boy this thread has a lot of good points. Morality is not rewarded in the least the more immoral you are the better your chances of achievement. I wish I had less lower moral standards maybe I could get somewhere in life.

new topics

top topics

join