It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiest Vrs Christian : Collision (The Movie) - Christopher Hitchens vs. Douglas Wilson:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I am not atheist, however I find atheists very MORAL , sincerely great people . I prefer them over religious craziness .

ACTUALLY watch it before you respond !
If you are REALLY INTERESTED in a great friggin debate ... Here is a documentary of with one of the worlds most intellectual atheists, Christopher Hitchens , and very smart Christian ; Douglas Wilson . (I only love a debate when they seem intellectually well matched ) You know what's weird ? Is that they actually became good friends ....I wish we could all do that . You decide ....

Collision free on your tube : for those who love a serious debate

If anyone who is actually religious having questions about Athiets and what they may be angry about ..here ya go

edit on 27-4-2012 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2012 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Atheist are angry because you keep poking them to see how they "work".

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Leave Atheists alone

2nd

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Me? I love Christopher Hitchens ..I found the documentary absolutely surreal . I believe I am not poking atheists as much as I am challenging religious people . re-read my post ....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

Seriously , did you not at all ..watch and read what I posted ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don't think atheists are angry at all (at least the ones I've met aren't anyway). I struggle with the fact that I'm not sure if I believe in God or not. One thing I've always struggled with is the idea that I don't really think people love God, I think they love the idea of getting into heaven. This is one of the things I've chatted about with atheist friends of mine and they actually provided some decent insight. I'm waiting for that one event that really tests my faith and helps me decide which route I want to go.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I don't think it's anger as much as it is frustration. Atheists lose faith in god because they see religion for the fraud that it is, and they become frustrated with those who have yet to realize that all religion is a sham.

Atheists want to help you, not hurt you. Trust me. Atheism requires an open mind, religion the opposite.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RichieRay

Atheists are not "angry" in the sense of the stereotype ...however there are many things to be angry about that happen in the name of religion ...geez ..perhaps I had a bad title to my post

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

Thank you for bringing the Collision trailer to my attention. It appears to be something I would certainly enjoy watching as compared to the many other one sided debates I have seen so far.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Timical

Thank you . Christopher Hitchens is one of the most brilliant men , and to see him intellectually matched is quite interesting to me .

They became good friends at the end and I think they are both quite respectable people. I love good debates ..and I think this is an epic one !

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't think it's about atheists being angry in general, to me it's more about them becoming angry when unfounded claims are being made.

There are quite intellectual Christians (People of all theistic religions for that matter) who can argue their case using credible sources, and have obviously put in the effort to research what they're arguing. I have never had a problem with such people, they have shown they are not ignorant to the claims their religion makes, and the claims made against it.

I get angry when people use the bible (Or insert religious text here) as the be all and end all text for all questions that anyone will ever have on the ground that it is a divine text. They have shown no effort in their argument and are just parrots repeating that message that they have had ingrained into their brain.

edit on 27/4/12 by SnedsDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm honestly beginning to think that people are afraid of this debate .....they aren't up to the challenge....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
WOW! That woman in the second video, Greta Christina, is awesome! I don't really consider myself an atheist, but I think she just may have converted me!

I want to memorize everything she said.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I wouldn't say that I'm converted , however I really enjoy trying to see things from other peoples point of view. I'm constantly reassessing my beliefs on a never-ending quest for truth . I find it embarrassing just how horribly treated atheists or other religions that don't follow the "mainstream" get treated. I thought that by bringing forth some of the most intelligent , well thought out arguments may be an eye opener for some of the fallacies and unfair prejudices people have.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
Atheist are angry because you keep poking them to see how they "work".

Well that is how scientists do things.

second line.

top topics

join