It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Paints Romney as Out of Touch on Foreign Policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Biden Paints Romney as Out of Touch on Foreign Policy

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

In describing Mr. Romney as someone who views the world “through a Cold War prism,” Mr. Biden was borrowing from Russia’s departing president, Dmitri A. Medvedev. Last month, he criticized Mr. Romney’s description of Russia as the nation’s “No. 1 geopolitical foe” as outmoded thinking, more suited to the 1970s than the 21st century.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 4/27/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Russia, this is, without question, our number one geopolitical foe. They - they fight every cause for the world's worst actors," he said, commenting on the outcome of the meeting of the US and Russian presidents in Seoul.

"Russia - Unfriendly figure on the world stage. Fact that the president is seeking greater flexibility in relations with Russia despite the fact that he had nothing to say to the American people about the relationship with Russia - a very disturbing sign. I am very, very concerned about this. It - Russia is, without question, our geopolitical enemy number one "- said Romney.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Jeezuz is this guy on downwers?I really am beginning to believe he actually did tie the dog to the car roof......first i thought it was just hate propaganda....but now...i dont know.
Do the Chinese feel slighted now too?I would imagine they would loose some face comming in second with the largest standing army in the world....A million or two AK armed chinese wow.............my daddy always used to say if they came, we couldnt shoot fast enough to stop em, as there would be more born at the back of the line every day......

Anyways thats an appropriate start for this three thumbed boob, hes managed to piss off both other super powers already, and its only april....and he cant even count on the nomination yet.......
Perhaps hes just stupid enough to make the ultimate faux pas before the convention......and if Newt is really out, well whos left?
RRiiiigght ?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

On a fmily vacation Romeny tied the dog crate to the roof and the dog rode up there. Its not the first time it was done, and the dog liked it. The dog was in no danger so im not even sure what the issue is.

Secondly as Far as Romeny and comments at Russia go. If people did some research they would find that the comment sputin made against the US, accusing us of interfearing in their elections etc, finally admitted there was nothing to support it. It was essentially local politics in order to win an election.

Why it was needed ti win when they just stuff ballots is beyond me... but whatever works for them.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Russia has never been our foe.

It's the foe of the U.S Military and the Federal Reserve.

Stalin and Lenin are the key players in letting communism run amok in Mother Russia.

However, we are in the 21st century.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Moron is ACCUSED:
1.of fomenting hatred among the American people and the Russian people
2.. of provoking the Cold War

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Start with Mitt Romney’s foreign policy team.Fifteen of the 22 members were policy advisers under the George W. Bush administration, and six of them are former members of PNAC.

Romney's foreign policy white paper, ironically (or purposefully) titled “An American Century,” uses the same rhetoric used by PNAC and Bush-era ground pounders: It promotes American exceptionalism, force projection, and retaking control of the global landscape with seemingly little zest for earnest diplomacy.

www.policymic.com...

VOTE FOR BUSH 2012!!!!!!!!!! Bang up job! Let Neo Con freedom ring!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I never thought that the Americans are my
enemies
and why I became enemy number one in America?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
At the risk of "asking for it" I must opine... it seems ludicrous to assert that Mitt Romney is "in touch" with anything.

Can we not finally accept that Presidential campaigns are theatrical productions? That the "party" chooses the candidate not the voters? That the club of billionaires and millionaires really aren't part of the "real" world and their marketing campaigns to convince us otherwise are effective in creating an illusion.... that they actually care.

Remember asking about how much they pay for a gallon of gas... or milk? Ask them how much they spent on day care this year? Ask them how much they've had to "tighten their belts" since the depression began. That is if they can hear you over the roar of their Lear jet...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

I never thought that the Americans are my
enemies
and why I became enemy number one in America?

American media propaganda. For some reason, the main media likes to portray other countries as enemies, mostly China, Russia, etc.

It makes it easier to explain their ridiculously high military budget

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Jeezuz is this guy on downwers?I really am beginning to believe he actually did tie the dog to the car roof......first i thought it was just hate propaganda....but now...i dont know.

He DID strap the dog to the roof and hosed down the poop at a rest stop. Romney has talked about it and admitted it.

Originally posted by stirling

Perhaps hes just stupid enough to make the ultimate faux pas before the convention......

He's been trying hard, but the GOP doesn't care...it is "anybody but Obama". Romney could show up to his next event with his pants around his ankles and Fox News would slam the "Liberal Media" for reporting it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I went googling to find out if NORAD and Russia are doing the military exercises this year - it would be the third year in a row if they do, but it seems the internet is all plugged up with the supposed exercises in Denver.

I did find this, which admittedly I somewhat skimmed over - it's long.
It sounds to me, like Russia is more of a friend than most people realize.
I know they've been friends of Canada for years, but the US media has painted them as "not friends".

www.state.gov...

The co-chairs share the intention to intensify the joint efforts of U.S. and Russian agencies, business, scientific, cultural, and public circles, extending them to new areas, so as to give the Presidential Commission a truly universal character and to increase its effectiveness. The goal is to build up a multifaceted partnership between the United States and Russia, based on the purposes and principles of the U.N. charter.

In May 2011, EMERCOM (Russian Ministry for Emergency Situations) experts participated in U.S. nation level exercises in the central states of the United States focused on the response to a simulated devastating earthquake.

In late summer, both FEMA and EMERCOM sent representatives to observe the NATO Civil Emergency Preparedness Exercise “CODRII 2011” in Moldova. This exercise was organized by NATO’s Euro-Atlantic Disaster Response Coordination Center and involved a simulated earthquake with resulting victims, damage to critical infrastructure, chemical accidents, and a radiological incident.

Not foes.

top topics

join