It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hasn't there been a decent UFO movie in 35 years?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
An old film that many don't know about is from 1975 "The UFO incident",which is the story of Betty and Barney Hill.

www.imdb.com...

I agree that not many movies made involving the conspiracy part of the UFO subject.Some movies that i liked,although some are comedies were pretty decent:

Men in Black (both films)
Paul
Communion
The Astronaut's wife
The Tommyknockers (the book is much better,but i love the story)
The 4400(tv show)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Only the original, not the new rip off version with keanu Reeves

If you input b-movies in to YouTube you'll get a good selection of movie's there which are my favourite, movie's today are over sensulisr and ruins what could be some really good stories

wee mad,

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
CIoT3K is the best UFO moie in history. Hands down.

I actually think the movie "Contact", albeit with no ufos, was a greatmfilm as well.

edit on 27-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

I have never heard of CIoT3K. Is that the correct name for it?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Take a look at 'The Objective'. Its a great movie but with no ultimate answer.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think I may have found my own answer with this thread. Even in an aliens/UFO forum there seems to be very little distinction made between the actual UFO phenomenon and hypothetical "aliens". I guess we can't really expect the general public to be able to appreciate the difference.

edit on 27-4-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Movies I'd put up there with top Alien / UFO flicks besides CIOT3K, Communion, The Fourth Kind, Fire in the Sky. The original War of The Worlds. I even think IMO Sign's wasn't too bad, granted M, Night could have done so much more with it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There's also this movie with Mila Jovovich called the Fourth Kind. To be honest I hated it, but some people like it and it does indeed deal with the abductions phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Because there hasn't been any outstanding UFO Sightings in the last 35 years.

I mean come on, a couple pilots see a metal object shoot up through the clouds at an airport, a guy tapes a multi-colored snake in the sky over Texas - nothing compared to people witnessing cattle beamed up into UFOs and being beamed up into UFOs while in their cars returning with strange marks on the back of their necks. The reason why there were so many researchers taking it seriously then is because things like that did happen 35 years ago. Now every time I see a UFO video I am let down because you can tell from the title of the video before you even watch that some guy behind computer software is surely producing the short amount of stupid fake entertainment. We know the government isn't going to give a care, the guys with computer image software don't care, the individuals involved in Roswell kept silent.
edit on 27-4-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I had an idea on this but it escapes me now but it went like the CIA in charge
of the UFO topic is too busy on the internet getting UFO click money on videos
at Youtube. So production is always going on for the UFO in some way. Also do
not forget the take away program as Lyne found out when even exposing fake
presentations.
ED: The UFO topic will never die and even when dead and buried will still go
on as topics like time travel and alien life were invented by authors H.G. Wells
and many others before the need for the CIA or the people in charge of UFO
protection theories found the need.
ED+: Science is never explained to the masses so give it up for any actual
truth being give out for free or even box office tickets.
edit on 4/27/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Independence day sucked in a big way, it's no wonder the US armed forces refused to assist in the making of that film

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Most of my favorites were posted but I didnt see anyone mention "Taken". Its a SYFI mini series around 15 hours give or take.

Produced and directed by Stephen Spielburg its the best series I have ever watched on the whole alien pop culture.

Makes me want to watch it now lol. Its worth a watch or 5 imo.

If your looking for the conspiracy outlook and much much more look no further you be hooked after the 1st episode.

The newer alien movies are cut to short these days. By the time you get int it, its over.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
what about The Fourth Kind?
it would have awesome if we had ever gotten to see 1Annunaki

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
I think I may have found my own answer with this thread. Even in an aliens/UFO forum there seems to be very little distinction made between the actual UFO phenomenon and hypothetical "aliens". I guess we can't really expect the general public to be able to appreciate the difference.

What are you actually asking for?

Are you asking why there haven't been any good movies about dancing lights in the skies?

I have an answer for that.

That movie (and it's sequels) would be about 45 seconds to 2 minutes long and it is uploaded every day on youtube. They are boring and at the end of the day, no one would care about a movie about unidentified objects in the sky.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
thanks to all for naming movies I never heard of.
I'm considering calling off some appointments this weekend and watch some of them

btw. I liked "contact", "close encounters" (yeah, it's a slow one, but hey, times do change).

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by Orkojoker

What are you actually asking for?

Are you asking why there haven't been any good movies about dancing lights in the skies?

I have an answer for that.

That movie (and it's sequels) would be about 45 seconds to 2 minutes long and it is uploaded every day on youtube. They are boring and at the end of the day, no one would care about a movie about unidentified objects in the sky.

Nah, thinking more along the lines of the hundreds of unexplained yet well documented cases in the literature. If you find the UFO phenomenon boring, you haven't done your homework. You will learn practically nothing about it on YouTube.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have a funny feeling that TPTB may be preventing a serious depiction or account of the UFO Alien abduction phenom. to be portrayed in Hollywood. If not why have we not seen an accurate sincere interpretation of what is purportedly happening. With so many North Americans believing in the phenom. it would seem that little marketing and hype would be needed to sell the idea. Wasn't Dan Ackroyd denied airing when he was slated to have his doc. shown on TV , supposedly had a brush with the Men in Black too during that incident.
Just remembered that a Bob Lazar movie was in the works. That hasn't manifested yet. If hes legit can't see it getting by those powers.

The story of Bud Hopkins or John E Mack would be neat to see. Just an idea.
edit on 27-4-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Probably because your definition of a decent UFO pic is an overrated 30 year old movie. So naturally there will not be another one.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
E.T. gave me nightmares.

Super 8, however, I thought was pretty good, and shot in similar vein of style to those old 70s Spielberg classics.
I really enjoyed Super 8.

These are not exactly 'ufo' movies, but, I think they're related. Watching them together, you might think both movies were filmed the same year.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I liked "District 9" but tend to agree OP. It's been a while since we had a movie like "Close encounters". "Abyss" was close but not as visually stunning. One thing I noticed is that all the alien/ufo movies over the last 20 years depict an alien species trying to destroy humanity. Last year alone we had "Battle for LA" "Skyline" "Super 8" hmm think i'm forgetting one or two but there does seem to be a theme here. The theme being aliens want us dead.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
There have been many UFO movies featuring the plot points you describe. However, these films also feature lots of CGI and explosions.

I felt Close Encounters sucked. There's no payoff, just a huge waste of time.

Man, I've seen you make no sense in other threads, but are you kidding me? What? Because Will Smith didn't blow the mothership out of the sky there's no "payoff"? Get real. Hollywood decided long ago that aliens will only be portrayed as a hostile invading force bent on worldwide destruction. Close Encounters was too realistic and thought provoking for consumption by the masses. They don't want us considering that intelligent alien life might not destroy humanity. Now, why would that be I wonder?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join