It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unseen Hurt..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There seems to be a shortage in humankind of basic human kindness. Not the kind that is about me "look at how nice I am being nice to you", but the kind that is about you, and what it is that you might need.

Often people who might be challenged with invisible illnesses have difficulty making friends and once made, if it turns out that your not going to jump on the "Yay Them" train, well, they are gone.

Since being on ATS the very best friends I have are the ones who are invisibly ill, fragile people. I can't begin to describe how valuable they are to me.
I am a fragile person, insecure, filled with grief and unresolved issues, I keep on keeping on and I am working on becoming whole. I have illness, but hey, whatever, I am mending and that is all that matters. My friends give me courage and laughter to face the day.

I personally think that many if not most of ATS falls into this category, the fragile and ill, otherwise, they would be out there in the world instead of here with us

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I personally think that many if not most of ATS falls into this category, the fragile and ill, otherwise, they would be out there in the world instead of here with us

That is just beautiful! Thanks for that. I like it. Lots.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
There seems to be a shortage in humankind of basic human kindness. Not the kind that is about me "look at how nice I am being nice to you", but the kind that is about you, and what it is that you might need.

Often people who might be challenged with invisible illnesses have difficulty making friends and once made, if it turns out that your not going to jump on the "Yay Them" train, well, they are gone.

Since being on ATS the very best friends I have are the ones who are invisibly ill, fragile people. I can't begin to describe how valuable they are to me.
I am a fragile person, insecure, filled with grief and unresolved issues, I keep on keeping on and I am working on becoming whole. I have illness, but hey, whatever, I am mending and that is all that matters. My friends give me courage and laughter to face the day.

That is beautiful and so true ..Id love to be out there in the world doing all the things my mind says i should be doing but my body says umm not today maybe tomorrow ..
Since ive been on ATS you and Biliverdin are always there for me and thats a great feeling ..I have alot of difficulty making friends in my real life maybe i just don't try hard enough they all seem to be so superficial not all but most so maybe thats why i don't put alot of effort into it..
And mending and getting healthy is all that matters (you go girl) peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You are a strong person, and to read your story and what you did to pick yourself up and become who you wanted to be, is something to always be proud of. I have to upmost respect for you!
Good Luck and stay strong and true to yourself!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ops4Ops
You are a strong person, and to read your story and what you did to pick yourself up and become who you wanted to be, is something to always be proud of. I have to upmost respect for you!
Good Luck and stay strong and true to yourself!

Ops4Ops
Thank you for the post and the warm words i appreciate it
peace,sugarcookie1
edit on 2-5-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: none

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join