It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transhumanism and the Globalist Agenda

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
the thing is the transhuman movement is divided you got the collectivist and the individualists, also there are a lot of ethical debates going on within the community and all tranhumanist are concerned how this technology will effect humanity the biggest concern in the community is how governments will use this technology as they are more concerned with making super soldiers then they are about enhancing the over all human condition; tranhumanist are concerned more with ending human suffering and helping the disabled have a level playing field some of us if not a good amount of us want to enhance ourselves so we can go into space and get off this crazy rock and start a new life on another planet, what is bothering me is a lot of the new tranhumanist are bringing religious thinking and partisan politics in the group granted a lot of the places where we discuss our topics don't allow shrilling and will only allow politics to be discussed only when its related to transhumanism, its a very diverse group of people and there are many circles within the community like I am a part of a group which is pretty big, it is counter culture meets academia very similar to cyber punk if I were to put a label on it for the sake of simplicity. I remember when not many people knew about us now the transhumanist movement has exploded and has gone global its very big in the usa, russia, japan, france and its still growing fast; the genie is out of the bottle now so to speak there is no stopping it to many people are behind it and this includes many leading scientists. but there is no conspiracy going on in the circle but I cannot promise you the government wont have an agenda of how it will use the technology....

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Efficiency for the planet. Human beings are product-consuming destroyers that serve no beneficial physical purpose within our ecosystem.

Yes, just imagine an augmented immortal post human's ability to consume, destroy and disregard our planet and many others. Unless they make basic changes to man's nature, a post human can only be a human with the potential to do more harm.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

lol that is a bunch of fear mongering and mostly based on religion one of the the videos I made a comment a while back a long with a question nothing out of line and a legit criticism and it got deleted so that showed me right there it was more appeal to emotion bs than anything real.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

Efficiency for the planet. Human beings are product-consuming destroyers that serve no beneficial physical purpose within our ecosystem.

Yes, just imagine an augmented immortal post human's ability to consume, destroy and disregard our planet and many others. Unless they make basic changes to man's nature, a post human can only be a human with the potential to do more harm.

just imagine a more efficient man who needs less resources to exist and will create technology that will not only benefit mankind but the whole ecosystem and actually give back rather than just take because as it stands now with man just taking is unsustainable.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Transhumanism and other hu ha like that is just bull...

The way to go is to stop being such a greedy bunch and let nature do its stuff. If i recall nature is way better than humans and we are part of nature, so lets just let the master do the work and us, the novices, just sit there and watch, and learn something.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
yeah let nature do her stuff live in a cave and stop seeing a doctor and ditch the ipad it can be done
its your personal choice and that is what it boils down to, however i have made a different choice.
edit on 4-9-2012 by noctu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by noctu

just imagine a more efficient man who needs less resources to exist and will create technology that will not only benefit mankind but the whole ecosystem and actually give back rather than just take because as it stands now with man just taking is unsustainable.

I could truly imagine a utopian paradise created in the image of the post human and it's technology. I'm sure their intentions would more less start out as you state above. Just don't see how anyone can be sure that such long lived and powerful beings wouldn't become jaded and extreme after a few hundred years.
edit on 5-9-2012 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Fixing Quotes

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I guess I can see how this sounds like its utopianism however even with these advances its not going to be a utopia and there will be many more problems man will have to face and these fear mongering videos in this thread about demons? seriously? that is the best they can bring to the table?
here I will share some light on the subject

for ethics: ieet.org...

medicine: www.kurzweilai.net... 5682-UA-946742-1&utm_medium=email

rt.com...

phys.org...

www.newscientist.com...

there I shared some info and this only scratches the surface of how technology is helping humanity. I see no demons sorry I am just not buying it. if you want to see doom and gloom I recommend you look at how your elected officials are trying to implement this technology not the real transhuman movement.
edit on 5-9-2012 by noctu because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2012 by noctu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Why? Does not an environment dictate evolution? What are you so scared of? You think feeble flesh bodies are the pinnacle of evolution? You think your monkey-brain has it all figured out both in terms of efficiency and morality?

Staring at a tree is more salutary than listening to anything dribbling from Ray Kurzweil's mouth.
You are not considering the ethical implications. If you think this wondrous tech is going to be shared with everyone for the benefit of everyone then you are dangerously naive. The transhumanists were always on the path that led away from what power can be realized within a healthy relationship to the planet, they are biophobic.

I prefer to align with our host.

If you trust the administration of your awesome tech to others, who may or may not have an agenda you aren't in favor of, and you can afford it, then by all means. It would suck if you went in to get your upgrade and it made youmoredissatisfied with being trapped in you flesh prison.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
here is a thread that covers the basics of Transhumanism.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it is not as sinister as one expects. It is just the not knowing that makes you fear it. I support a more spiritual approach towards Transhumanism. I was very much against it at first, but as with all things, once you understand it more it seems less scary.

We are all basically in agreement that the "as is" model of humanity needs some work.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
haha you are dumb dumb too. what happens when you reach the end of this technological circle and realise everything you had and ate was the epitome of everything which you were searching for and all you had to do was look within and show a little humility.

How often is the human system replaced?

If your body is completely renewed every "insert supposed period here" then what of that body is you? the body is twelve you are thirteen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join