It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transhumanism and the Globalist Agenda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Now, before I post this, I have to admit that before I watched this video, I was all for the whole transhumanist movement. After watching the video, I have reconsidered my perspective. The video is over an hour and 30 minutes long, so I'd suggest getting a bag of popcorn and settling in for the night. It's a very good video and one that is an absolute MUST SEE!!

Trance

For those of you who do not know what transhumanism is, here is a brief synopsis:

Transhumanism, abbreviated as H+ or h+, is an international intellectual and cultural movement that affirms the possibility and desirability of fundamentally transforming the human condition by developing and making widely available technologies to eliminate aging and to greatly enhance human intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities.[1] Transhumanist thinkers study the potential benefits and dangers of emerging technologies that could overcome fundamental human limitations, as well as study the ethical matters involved in developing and using such technologies. They predict that human beings may eventually be able to transform themselves into beings with such greatly expanded abilities as to merit the label "posthuman".[1]
Transhumanism

It is really amazing to me as to the extent these people will go. The powers that be are already controlling everything, and now to find out this is their ultimate goal. It's just mind boggling to me. What is even more mind boggling is that until recently we, as a collective whole, have allowed it to continue.

Watch the video and let me know what you think.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

been looking at this for a long time. Lots of questions that need to be answered.

check out this thread I made a few days ago...get's into a recent conference with many transhumanists talking about their goals.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm an Extropian Transhumanist, and I had to stop watching this movie about 20 minutes in.

So far, the narrator has done nothing but badmouth structural processes like math. If you want to live in the woods and drink rainwater, go ahead. Just don't expect any modern technological help or medical help or really anything. Technology is the future, rocks and sticks are the past.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

in this post modern world that we live in, we have people asking what it means to be human. Do you see a problem with that? Humans asking what it means to be human, and expecting humans to come up with the answer.

The technology is going to consistently continue to evolve. But we have never stopped to consider the ethics, dangers, potential disasters of such advancements. I think it's an important conversation.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

Do you think whales wonder what it means to be a whale? Of course not, they're not as advanced as we are. The fact that we can question our origins and contemplate vast historical possibilities only displays our innovation and communicative skills. Why hinder that process? Why assume flesh prisons are the endpoint for consciousness? I strive for a future in which consciousness is separate from the natural processes of the planet it resides on. THAT is harmony.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
I'm an Extropian Transhumanist, and I had to stop watching this movie about 20 minutes in.

So far, the narrator has done nothing but badmouth structural processes like math. If you want to live in the woods and drink rainwater, go ahead. Just don't expect any modern technological help or medical help or really anything. Technology is the future, rocks and sticks are the past.

Well, if you don't want to see what the people that you support are doing that is your problem. Have fun being a zombie. I won't be with you.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

or human extinction...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Well, basically, we won't be human any longer. That's the rub. Watch the video all of the way through. It's pretty self-explanatory. The process has already begun. It explains the desensitization to violence, the lack of empathy or sympathy, et cetera. It's all leading up to them basically wanting to turn us into machines, little worker robots.
edit on 27-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I even read Ray Kurweil's book Singularity. At the time I thought "Oh, how wonderful!!" Then I came across the information in the above video and, to be quite honest, I'm appalled.

I'm all for progress and yada,yada,yada. However, when you start talking about completely changing who and what we are. No, no, sorry, I can't support that. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. If it was a natural process, that would be different. However, for mankind to augment people and basically change them into cyborgs or some such #, it's just incomprehensible.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Why? Does not an environment dictate evolution? What are you so scared of? You think feeble flesh bodies are the pinnacle of evolution? You think your monkey-brain has it all figured out both in terms of efficiency and morality?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Efficiency for who? Please do tell.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I understand that we won't be humans...but there are no guarantees that that uploaded consciousness is YOU.

I mean even if its possible, do you really want to live in a machine?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Exactly...They talk as if they have it all figured out. To me, it sounds like something out of a science fiction nightmare. Like I said, at one time, I was all for the transhumanist movement, but after watching that and really considering some ethical issues, I cannot say that I am.

What is even more disturbing is that it's not even going to be optional. It's something that is systematically being forced on us. It's just not right. I don't care how you want to slice it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I just started a podcast with my buddy and we've done 6 episodes and 5 of them we've touched on transhumanism. We are Christians but we still think the convo is important. In episode 5 I go over how some of the lingo at this trnashumanism conference in Moscow just sounded like globalist language. The link is in my sig if you wanna check it out. They want to attain immortality by 2045. Science shouldn't interfere in te realm of ethics but it seems they are and they don't care.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Efficiency for the planet. Human beings are product-consuming destroyers that serve no beneficial physical purpose within our ecosystem.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Here you go. This comes from their own mouths!! Transhumanists Notice the emphasis on money?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I can't say that I completely disagree. However, you actually think this is the answer?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The end comment really blew my mind. "Life in the matrix could be really cool." Uh, yeah, it's freaking awesome. We already live in one, dummy.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

You think feeble flesh bodies ...?

You think your monkey-brain...?

this, in essence, sums up transhumanisms worthlessness
as a means of advancing and empowering humanity

we are thought of as monkey's and "fleshies"
never mind that these wannabe "superior beings"
originate from the same muck they look down upon

"Despisers of the Body, are not bridges to the Superman"

You think your monkey-brain has it all figured out both in terms of efficiency and morality?

Do you think YOUR monkey-brain has it all figured out?
edit on 27-4-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Derepent, that is another reason why I must question the transhumanist's motivation. They obviously hate the state of humanity. Ok, yes, I agree it is very poor. However, they take this a step further and speak ill of individuality, being human, et cetera. Why help something you have nothing but contempt for?

In all actuality, I don't think the goal of the transhumanist is so much as to help as it is to imprison humanity. From what I can glean, their ultimate goal is to have most of us as little more than lap dogs for the elite.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join