It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really have free will?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by akushla99

The word discussion and the word argument are different stances. Words are very important because they define what you are percieving. Many people do not understand the difference between an argument and a discussion because to the one that believes he is a 'human' in 'human form' cannot help but 'argue'. He is defending his position, a position that has come about by the belief that he is some 'thing' definable.

This 'thing' that people believe themselves to be is believed to be destructable. If i believe i can be destroyed then i will have to fight for my survival so i will argue to win. If however i 'find' that i am indestructable i can discuss without the fear of destruction.

...and the 'perception' of what another thinks I am defining, using words is imperfect, by definition...
A

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The study of the brain proves that your brain makes choices instantly although you are still able to think about the choice unaware that it is already made (predetermined)...

So this automatically means that we have free-will of thought...

The brain LOCKS-ON to the choice without allowing it to be changed even if the person is still thinking about the choices and which on is better. They will always pick the choice that the brain originally picked, even though they aren't aware that it is already decided and they are still thinking thought about it and which choice should they choose!

edit on 28-4-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

When someone uses the word 'argument', i know that they fear destruction because they believe they are some 'thing' that can be destroyed.
The whole world is based on the fear of destuction. Competition, winners and losers, struggle and survival.
I know i cannot be destroyed ever. I know this because i have found out what i truly am.

Everyone has the choice to find out what they really are. That is your only choice.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

In the scheme of things, I don't think humans are any more free than animals. To me, true freewill is the ability to make a choice after being made aware of all available options. Basically, an informed decision. How many times do we buy something because we don't know something better exists? Or wish we didn't say or do something if we knew more about a person or situation?

It's interesting that the very first story in the Bible is one about freewill and choice. Did Adam and Eve really make informed decisions and choices, fully understanding all options and all consequences?

I've been wrestling with similar thoughts on freewill and choice lately. So far, all the facts have been leading me to think that we are all being conditioned by something for some uknown purpose. I am still trying to figure out if what is being done is for our own good and whether we ourselves will see it as beneficial in the future. I suppose the only thing we don't know is whether we chose to come to Earth and fully understood what would happen to us while we were here.

I can only hope that having the ability to think about ourselves and the world around us in this way is some sort of sign that something good will actually come out of this in the long run.

edit on 28-4-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

When you use the word 'argument', i know that you fear destruction because you believe you are some 'thing' that can be destroyed.
The whole world is based on the fear of destuction. Competition, winners and losers.
I know i cannot be destroyed ever. I know this because i have found out what i truly am.

Everyone has the choice to find out what they really are. That is your only choice.

i extend all freedom to you or anyone to determine what they think they know...passive-agressive is a see-through window...You are seen...

A

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Manunnaki

not matter what we do... we will never be able to save enough lives to make up for all the horrible things our ancestors suffered. Pointing at this day and age as some sort of cure all is pitifully foolish.

God letting trillions of babies get raped so that you can jump in and save one a million years later sounds like a horrible strategy.

your clear wording are the proof that there is no christ
there is just disgusting monsters ready n able to repeat their crimes infront of everyone each second of a day more eternally since that is what they are while knowing what to realize in order to get to their wills
and ordinary individuals focusing on survival issues since they must mean being individuals objectively too

Do you vote? Get my point?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Can you be a little clearer? I do not understand your last two posts, i find them a bit vague.
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Well you know we "monkeys" need some template of wrong doing to learn from. When your mind is primitive reading a book teaches you nothing. Before you rebuttal look at the world around you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

'Thinking' you know is very different from 'knowing'.
You are the 'knower' of all 'thinking' and all 'thinking' is derived from defining yourself as some 'thing'.

'The knower' is not a 'thing'. It is the 'knower' of all 'things'.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
reply to post by smithjustinb

In the scheme of things, I don't think humans are any more free than animals. To me, true freewill is the ability to make a choice after being made aware of all available options. Basically, an informed decision. How many times do we buy something because we don't know something better exists? Or wish we didn't say or do something if we knew more about a person or situation?

This is the best argument that I've heard so far and it is proof that ABSOLUTE free-will can NOT exist. It still leave the door open for "preferential freewill (free-will among available choices)....

Our preferences are NOT free-will. We just see something and like it or not. I do admit that preferences can change but they are NOT free-will.

So if your preference is to HATE chocolate and LOVE vanilla and someone asks you "Chocolate or Vanillla?" do you really have free-will or was that just an illusion and it was already predetermined by the brain..

So far, the studies with neurology is saying "yes", it is predetermined and it is created by illusion of us thinking thoughts about the choice when in reality it is already made, see The Real Self Behind The Ego

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Can you be a little clearer? I do not understand your last two posts, i find them a bit vague.
Thank you.

On what, in particular, do You 'find' Yourself perceiving vagueness?
A

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

You are the 'knower' of all 'thinking' and all 'thinking' is derived from defining yourself as some 'thing'.

A truism is a truism is a truism...or a platitude...
explain what You actually mean...
A

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

When you use the word 'argument', i know that you fear destruction because you believe you are some 'thing' that can be destroyed.
The whole world is based on the fear of destuction. Competition, winners and losers.

i extend all freedom to you or anyone to determine what they think they know...passive-agressive is a see-through window...You are seen...

A

This post in particular and this sentence what are you saying, can you elaborate please?
'passive-agressive is a see-through window...You are seen...'.
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

A

You define the world by defining yourself or you define the world and in doing so have defined yourself. It is a case of misidentification. You believe in things instead of finding out what you are.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

A

This post in particular and this sentence what are you saying, can you elaborate please?
'passive-agressive is a see-through window...You are seen...'.
Thank you.

You make a series of ad-hoc 'determinations'...and follow these with self-referential truths...therefore, establishing the determinations and the truths as fact, and undeniable...it is a passive-agreesive instrument and is seen for what it is...all this despite the vista of an elephant which is ultimately shareable...
A

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

A

You define the world by defining yourself or you define the world and in doing so have defined yourself. It is a case of misidentification. You believe in things instead of finding out what you are.

...and one path is preferable to the other?
Does a cup define the fluid that holds it or, does the fluid define the cup?
A
edit on 28-4-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I have determined that there appears to be two things going on.
One thing that is going on is what is 'seen and known'.
The other thing is the 'seer and knower' of what is seen.

The seen and known cannot appear without the seer and knower. What is seen and known is constantly changing. The seen and known cannot appear without the seer being present.

If the being believes in the 'things' that are seen are primary he will believe what he believes (in things).
If the being realizes that he is primary and 'things' cannot appear without him, he no longer believes in 'things'.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Every time you open your eyes you invite the world to take shape.
youtu.be...

A gift from you to you if you open it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

A

What is written is very clear but the mind cannot hear it.
However, what you truly 'are' knows it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
My opinion:

In electronics, a servo loop is a circuit that feeds back to the input after passing through certain manipulative and control components. This is to maintain a particular, desired posture of potentials and kinetics where a controller has limited powers over the entire circuit.

In humans, space and time are the wires and circuitry. Time is the current, space provides components, consciousness is the controller that has limited powers over the entire circuit. In the servo circuit there is the output device providing the rotational torque, which is equivalant to the body displacing, radiating and engaging space, and within space. In the servo circuit, there is then controlling circuits such as amplifiers, frequency modifiers, attenuators engaged in manipulating power to feed back to the input of the servo motor. In humans, our after-death consciousness structure time dwells back toward the still-embodied same-self to serve as the conscience and "guardian angel" that's aways blabbing at you, bugging you, to do the right thing.

A real hedonistic activity, sensuality engagement fun-spoiler, I am after I die.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join