It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afterlife

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Do the generators make HHO, yes.
Does it help no.
Here is a link from popular mechanics if you don't believe me, there are many more out there.
I've even studied this in College, spoken with Engineers far more intelligent then myself.
Hell I once thought it could be possible until I looked at the math.
Why Water won't improve your MPG

Now are there ways and theories to reclaim lost energy from a system? Yes.
I'm not going to get into those because I hope to one day hang my hat on that as my Doctoral thesis.

You want to speak to spiritualism and philosophy great, those are good topics.
Just don't speak to science if you are going to get it wrong, and use that to bluster your spiritual claims.
It's dangerous and will lead more astray then you realize.

Stop stroking your ego and calling yourself something you are not.
You are a self taught mechanic with no knowledge of science, stop pretending you know what you are talking about.
Followed by playing your ignorance of the field as an excuse to use the terms incorrectly.

You want to reference scientific theories then do so correctly.
Don't hide behind your lack of knowledge as a legitimate defense when you are called out on your mistakes.

The more you post the more you seem like a snake oil salesman afraid of the light that truth and honesty bring.

Which is sad because your original post seemed like you really were just trying to help people and speak to spiritualism.
I've lost my belief that your mistakes are innocent errors, I believe they are intentional.
Intentional in that you don't care if you are wrong only in using big words to make yourself look better to stroke your ego.
edit on 8-5-2012 by Pigraphia because: Forgot the reply reference tag.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Do these attempts to make me look bad make you feel all warm inside? Up on a pretty high horse there, aren't you? I have seen your kind before, many times, you do not impress me, nor I you, so stop pretending you are the least bit interested in what I have to say. By the way, what your little little says don't work....saves me over $250 a month.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

There are certain things though such as the radioactive decay which are constant through all relative time frames.

Apologies gents, I'm not trying to derail and without wishing to enter into the larger debate, I just thought I would ask about this statement. Are you saying that radioactive decay rates are not affected by relativistic time dilation? Or have I misunderstood you?

edit on 9-5-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Read through the thread, Pigraphia has made more than one attempt to derail this thread. There are those in this forum who will go to most any length, even to getting banned, to derail any post that goes against their dogmatic cult thinking. I have seen this again and again. Sometimes the Mods catch it, but they are not God, and cannot see everywhere. We need to police ourselves. Here is Wisdom. This is the "Gray Area". Des everyone know what that means?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Protect your thread by not responding off topic or any way directing upsetting comments to them or they win. Stake claim on, I'm passing things through though upset, to protect my thread. So they know you know how they operate.

This thread is yours through and through, its personal experiences and so much like Dolores Cannon and other regressions and people's nde's even so its obvious that some are going to be trying to repress freedom outside of the boxes they have ppl in.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I'm not on a high horse.
You are.
You are the one going around claiming to be a Mechanical Engineer when you aren't
You are the one who speaks to science, and when corrected on your mistakes claims it doesn't matter because you aren't a scientist.
Then you throw out more science that is inaccurate.

I'm not on a high horse, you are the one who has an ego the size of Alaska.
I do in fact enjoy speaking of spiritualism.

You're the one who got all defensive when I pointed out an error or two that you had made and said "if you fix those errors your case will be stronger and more compelling".
Instead you respond all hurt and how your errors don't matter.
Then you claim to be something you are not.

You come off more and more as a snake oil salesman and its sad.
The mistakes you made in reference to science to prove your spiritual claims are dangerous.
Your mistakes can lead other astray.

I thought being a rational person you would at least consider what I had said.
Instead you dismissed it outright claiming that it doesn't matter you made mistakes.
Claiming you were above needing correction, and you were in fact just a pure messenger.

You are anything but, you claim you have seen others like me as if I am a bad guy.
I say it is I who have seen others like you.
Persons who demonize the person trying to help them or offer correction when they have made mistakes.

Your ego is so huge that you can not stand that I have pointed out errors and you demonize me instead.
If you make me out to be the bad guy my corrections are easier to dismiss.

Honestly you made in interesting spiritual claim, and I just saw one or two errors and thought I would point them out to help you.
Instead you feign insult and proceed to lie about who and what you are as an excuse as to why my corrections don't matter.

Go ahead continue to demonize me, pretend I am the bad guy.
Every time you do you just prove you are the snake oil salesman trying to discredit the towns person who brings up an issue with what you are selling.

Honestly you discredit the topic of spiritualism.
One does not have open discussion by lying and saying honest criticize is invalid and offer other lies or their own ignorance as reason to why the criticize isn't isn't valid.

So go on, say you have seen others like me.
Others who don't buy what you are selling blindly and ask critical questions and expect honest answers?
Others who seek open and honest discussion of spiritualism?

I would rather the spiritual debate be full of respectful critical doubters than lairs with huge egos.
Snake oil salesmen who are so self important, who claim to be something they are not in order to raise their status in their own mind.

Keep making me out to be the villain for expecting honesty.
You just prove more and more who you really are.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

That is what I believe though I could be wrong.
I admit I am more of an applied physicist than a radio chemist, or radio physicist.
I have looked into the field though, it's just not my focus.

Honestly the whole time is relative is a difficult subject and multi facited, I know gravity and speed distort time.

Certain things are constant though such as radio active decay, as it is not dependent on external stimuli such as gravity, velocity, or even temperature.
You can't heat up an isotope and make it decay faster.
If you could things such as carbon dating wouldn't do any good as there would be huge variance in the decay rates based on location, temperature etc...

If you can correct me please do so, that I might learn and have a better understanding.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Read through the thread, Pigraphia has made more than one attempt to derail this thread.

I am not trying to derail your thread.

You made an interesting OP, and I just pointed out 1 or 2 things I found inaccurate.

From there you proceed to say it doesn't matter if there are inaccurate and then proceed to lie and make other false statements.

I am not the bad guy here, I enjoy spiritual discussions very much.

What I do not enjoy is those who make errors and then lie about why it doesn't matter they make errors.

You say I have a dogmatic cult thinking?
All I'm asking for is honesty and a little critical thinking.

It was never my intention to derail your thread I found it interesting.
I tried to point something out to help you.

Instead you respond with self aggrandizing lies.

I'm not the bad guy here.
I was trying to help and have open discussion and you respond with lies...

It seems your ego and paranoia know no bounds.

It isn't my goal to tear down your OP, I find it interesting.

I merely want you to be open and honest.
It seems you are more interested in ego stroking and blind following though.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Ha! You look so darn funny when you get angry. Why insult me like that? Oh, because I dispute your religion? Is that it? Well, sorry, but I do not get into pissing matches, and won't start now. Like is way too short to mess with such a person as yourself.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It seems your ego and paranoia know no bounds. \

Name one ego trip, and name one paranoia thread. I have no fear, and teach other that too. Sorry if you are scared. And I lost ego a very long time ago. What I have now is the power of knowledge, and it takes me wherever I wish to be.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Ha! You look so darn funny when you get angry. Why insult me like that? Oh, because I dispute your religion? Is that it? Well, sorry, but I do not get into pissing matches, and won't start now. Like is way too short to mess with such a person as yourself.

My religion has nothing to do with this.
Unless you think requesting honesty is a religion, which I don't think of it as a religion.
I think of it as common curtsey(hope I spelled that right).

It's interesting that you say I'm angry as I'm not.
I'm exasperated maybe.
As far as insults, I tried to be polite multiple times while you just kept on lying.
Finally you said "I have seen your kind before" as if I were the villain, you claim I am speaking from a high horse when I am not.
As if expecting someone in an open discourse to be honest made me the bad guy.
That is why I resorted to insults, to which I admit calling you a snake oil salesman is rude and I should not be rude.
As for saying I think you have a huge ego, and that it is you who speak from a high horse that is an observation not meant to be insulting.

I also was not trying to impress you, merely point out your lies and mistakes.
Honestly is seems you wish to prove me the bad guy here which is a shame.
Because other than your errors and lies this topic was quite interesting.
Though considering your evasiveness, and lies it appears to be more snake oil than actual an actual spiritual conversation(there I went again with the snake oil...)
I was not attempting to derail an interesting thread, only point out an error or two.
It was in fact your response full of self aggrandizement that has the potential to derail the thread.

I see while looking back at the thread you have replied so I will get to that reply.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

It seems your ego and paranoia know no bounds. \

Name one ego trip, and name one paranoia thread. I have no fear, and teach other that too. Sorry if you are scared. And I lost ego a very long time ago. What I have now is the power of knowledge, and it takes me wherever I wish to be.

Lets see, claiming to be a Mechanical Engineer when you are not.
Posting bunk science to bluster your claims then saying it doesn't matter if you were wrong as you are not a scientist.
Claiming in an oh so smug way that you are not formerly trained but rather trained in the alchemical sense as if that made you better then those who seek formal training.

Paranoia, claiming you have seen others like me and that I am purposely trying to derail your thread.
As if I think your message so dangerous that I need to stop it in it's tracks.
Your message isn't that dangerous it is interesting.
What is dangerous is your scientific mistakes, I just wanted you and others to know they were wrong so that they could proceed with a better understanding and not go down the wrong path.

Yeah seems like ego and paranoia to me.

There are more examples but you get the picture...

You don't scare me, those that trade in falsehoods and fake spiritualism don't scare me.
Spiritualism is an important topic and I feel it deserves more respect then you show it.

One last thing if the following statement isn't egotistical I don't know what is.
It seems like you are stating you have moved above petty things such as ego, I have met people who have transcended their egos, they don't tell people they have done so.
As that would mean they haven't.

And I lost ego a very long time ago. What I have now is the power of knowledge, and it takes me wherever I wish to be.

If that statement isn't egotistical I don't know what is.

Oh and if you had the power of knowledge you would be able to see the mistakes you have made instead of ignoring them, lying about them or saying you are something you aren't to cover them up.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
If you can correct me please do so, that I might learn and have a better understanding.

Thanks Pigraphia, a very gracious response. I agree we should never be too proud to be wrong (I am wrong often) and don't pretend to be that knowledgeable (a simple layman). Though this stood out, as it was contrary to my understanding. I could also be wrong, though my understanding is that all physical processes, including radioactive decay, are subject to the effects of relativity. I think this has been observed, otherwise the theories would have been falsified?

To quote from Richard Muller, Physics Professor U.C. Berkeley (or at least from information on his site) on time dilation...

“Radioactive decay of particles moving at high speeds has been measured to occur less frequently than decays for particles moving at lower speeds.”

“A particle moving at the speed of light experiences no time. It cannot experience radioactive decay.”

It has been observed in the case of Muons, created when solar particles interact with elements in our upper atmosphere. Their velocity and decay time are well known, they shouldn't reach earth, yet they do. This has been found to be due to relativistic speed/ time dilation slowing the rate at which they decay and allowing them to reach earth. At least that is my (limited) understanding.

They have now also found that the sun's activity does affect radioactive decay times. Thought (at this stage) to be due to particles from the sun interacting. The amazing thing is that it has been measured strongly (relatively speaking) when the sun is shielded (night time), which could mean that the particles travel through the entire mass of the earth first.

I am generally not a fan of mixing new age theories and science either. In fact from long experience I am not such a fan of this type of new age belief. Though where the mention of time (in this context) is used as Autowrench has done, I see it more as a philosophical view. In this context, I also find it difficult to disagree that the popular understanding of the concept of time could be in error, in certain instances (not necessarily his over all views though).

As it relates to the physical world... time (like gravity) seems fundamental to physics, can be measured, is predictable, but (like gravity) no one has a clue what it is. In one sense at least, it appears not to exist at all. There is only a constant ever present moment. Always on the cusp of the future, as soon as we try to define it, it's already past. Yet neither of those things (past and future) really exist in any physical sense. What exactly then is time itself? Not as straight forward a thing as it appears IMO.

In the psychological sense, time does seem to vary, or at least our perception of it does. As a youngster the weeks leading up to Christmas used to take forever to pass, now whole years fly past, seemingly quicker with each one. It would be easy to pass this off as imagination (and could well be), as just a psychological anomaly or an anomaly of perception. Yet every experience we ever have, ultimately relies on just such an inner process of perception with its resulting interpretation.

We already understand quite a bit about this (perception and neural processes etc). A fascinating topic in itself. Yet are these physical neural processes the cause, or the result? It has occurred to many that like the infinitely small (quantum world) that actually constitutes matter underneath it all, the mind is equally mysterious, quite unpredictable and difficult to genuinely define. So while we live in a physical universe where matter obeys certain principles, perhaps there is a prima causa (in the psychological sense) that is not physical as we understand the term and therefore not completely bound by physical laws and theories (gravity, the rate at which clocks tick etc).

The problem there being how to genuinely observe by physical experiment, something which might not be directly quantifiable in a physical way (the mind/consciousness). No doubt similar possibilities have given rise to all sorts of (seeming) fantasies of the “new age” movement. It always seems unwise to claim truths that go against scientific observation, yet many of our basic personal observations seem to not really be within the realm of (physical) science to objectively evaluate.

A shame (IMO) is that opinions on these subjects don't come in very many shades. Usually black or white, rational/scientific/sceptcs seem to pass the lot off as imaginative nonsense, while the new age guru accepts and undoubtedly “knows it all”. I can see the possibility of both being wrong. Not many seem to look at it with an open mind. I certainly don't claim to know, fascinating subject though.

www.physics.umt.edu...

muller.lbl.gov...

www.sciencedirect.com...

www.symmetrymagazine.org...

edit on 12-5-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Thank you for that.

It was a very good read and the links give me something to follow up on.

I guess on that point I stand corrected.

I have much more reading and learning to do in terms of relativity.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This is a perfect thread to pulmogate my idea of a two-tiered thread system on ATS.

Original idea haters, i.e. those opposed to the OP should be on a different level. Yes their posts can be read... but only as an option.

From thread:

The point of contention is more like: Do we really want to hear what your contradictory post may have to say? Just because a person submits a post, does that automatically imply that everybody who reads said thread should be exposed to it?

See link for details.
edit on 15/5/2012 by MarkJS because: clarification

edit on 16/5/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

I was going to reply to you on this thread but I'm removing it from this thread.

Your comment isn't even remotely relevant to this thread and I don't want to thread jack.

I'll reply on the thread you linked to.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Pigraphia because: Don't wanna thread jack.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Finally you said "I have seen your kind before" as if I were the villain, you claim I am speaking from a high horse when I am not.

I'll tell you exactly what I meant, friend, Religious Fundamentalist. I have been dealing with these for years now, and in truth, they all dress and talk the same. They say the same key words, quote the same verses, and if you dispute them, they resort to childish name calling and insults.

I also was not trying to impress you, merely point out your lies and mistakes.

Please, be my guest. Read the original thread. Not once did I says this is factual, or this is truth. This is what I was shown. It's funny, a Christian sees a vision of Heaven, and it is taken as gospel, but a secular person tells their story, and it is all lies. This is called a Double Standard. I knew going in that Christians would have a major problem with this, because it doesn't fit in with their beliefs and their book. In truth, I posted so anyone could read it and to see if anyone else had similar visions or was shown like things. Perhaps what I saw was too out there for you? Didn't even take that into consideration, friend.

If you think I insulted you, I offer my sincere apology to you now, right here for all to see. As others have said, if you cannot stand the heat, better not post. I can stand the heat, can you?
Love and Light, Auto

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
S & F

Another great read autowrench.. funny, i've just been explaining today to a mate about evidence of a previous civilization and crustal displacement theory, evidence of a global flood, ancient high tech etc...

I look at the world today and i feel a sadness for what could have been, a line from the movie fight club always springs to mind:
"I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables – slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy # we don't need."
...but i understand in the bigger picture it doesn't matter, it's all just lessons. Emotions like sadness are just chemical, spirit has no use for them other than to bookmark experience for future reference.

Perhaps we will swing this ship around, perhaps not.. either way i will remain and bear witness.. and maybe just raise a glass or 3 to life in all it's majestic kookiness.

peace.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

FLAGGED!

Fantastic piece of writing, I agree with almost everything you have said!

Life is just a ride, we live, we learn, we grow.

Love to all, K

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Thanks for the kind words, wish everyone was as open minded as you, and a few other who actually do the research themselves. Some will not accept anything even if it sits right in front of them, sadly. I myself have to see at least three pieces of evidence before I take it as truth. Nothing is taken at plain face value.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join