It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some inspiring words for young people from Henry Rollins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of you remember Henry Rollins from his music career so this video might come as a bit of a surprise.
He says a lot of things that I wish someone had pointed out to me when I was younger, I especially like the following quote

if you have an idea of what you want to do in your future you must go at it with almost monastic obsession, be it music, the ballet or just a basic degree you have to go at it single handedly and let nothing get in your way

It took me quite a while to realise a lot of the truths in this short video, hope some of you enjoy it as much as I did.
edit on 26-4-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks for this clip, it was great ... yup I was a big Rollings fan .. so good to see he's still around

Youngsters need this message more than ever now...(and some oldster's that may have lost their way)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
"If you could see the you that I see
When I see you seeing me
You'd see yourself so differently
Believe me"

Love me some Henry Rollins.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
"We're gonna have a TV party tonight - allright!"
"Watch TV and have a couple of brews!"

Rollins did grow up to be a much wiser and respectable person than one would have imagined from his beginnings with Black Flag. Being the lead singer in the biggest nihilist punk band every must've taught some valuable lessons. Flag shows were about the most violent I ever attended. Skinheads were always in the audience starting most of it.

He had a talk show for a while, what happened to him since then?

Keep rockin' Henry, you're one of my heroes.

ETA- Rise above!
edit on 26-4-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

This doesn't surprise me much. I thought I could see this type of furvor in him in his early days. Even with those freaky videos that made him look like some kind if hulk or something...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Here is another good one. Henry Rollins is the man.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You might enjoy this one too, just discovering him and brought this over to ATS to share.

Musician, writer and world traveler Henry Rollins joins the DisinfoCast for an insightful discussion about politics and civil discourse, his musical past, and how your host can be a better American. If you enjoy this articulate iconoclast’s take on the events of the day, you can catch him during his “Capitalism” tour

www.disinfo.com...

new topics

top topics

join