It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Godfrey Bloom (MEP): LTRO has bought hours or maybe days, but not much more

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Watch Godfrey Bloom give it to Draghi on the LTRO!

Commentary at ZeroHedge

It was early February when we called out Mario Draghi for his blatant lies regarding the stigmatizing effect that the LTRO program would have on European banks. Now, two months later, even the members of the European Parliament are openly questioning their belief in the sociopath ECB chief. After laying out the apparent reasons for the LTRO scheme (at a recent European Parliament hearing) to keep banks well-funded, Godfrey Bloom (MEP) describes the implicit reason - or so-called reach-around (sic.) Sarkozy-carry trade to fund governments circumventing Maastricht and article 104 of the ECB's Treaty - explaining the simple math means surely LTRO3 is inevitable and soon; as Spain (and Italy tomorrow remember) hits the wall with its issuance as banks are unable to serve their masters. Seeing right through this plan, the Yorkshire-man sums up his feelings towards mad-Mario right in line with our own: "I don't trust you one inch!" noting that Draghi's comments on 'buying time' means hours or days not months.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Definately Hoo Haa! Yet I mus say Drago handled it well.

S&F

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is some very scary stuff no doubt! It's suprising how noone is really paying much attention to the economy anymore! I expect things to really go down the tubes but how long until this has far reaching global implications
is anyones guess cause I never expected to make it into the second quarter of 2012 before the banking system totally imploded! If we make it through this year it will take alot of nievate and ignorance on the part of the masses!

join