It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CISPA Passes House In Unexpected Last-Minute Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The House of Representatives has approved Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act with a vote count of 248-168. The bill is now headed for the Senate. President Barack Obama will be able to sign or cancel it pending Senate approval.
Initially slated to vote on the bill Friday, the House of Representatives decided to pass Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) Thursday after approving a number of amendments. The snap vote took place after Congressional legislators approved a number of amendments to the bill.

members.beforeitsnews.com...

Shady Much ? As if we expected anything different...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
bump

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I want to see if Obama is going to live up to his word and veto this disgraceful bill. This makes me sick to my stomach, but I can't say I'm surprised. Our government has been bought and voting doesn't change #. There's no way that this can end good.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Yeah, I don't need sun glasses for that area.

Stay on it. S&F

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hey!

Wait a minute.

The House passed this? But I thought it was filled with patriotic Republicans who cared about our freedoms? You say many of the yes votes came from the 'tea party caucus'? Really? Including the tea party caucus chair Michelle Bachmann?

206 Republicans and 42 Democrats voted for this? Wow. And only 28 Republicans ad 140 Dems voted against it?

clerk.house.gov...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join